I do flaunt my C&A Status

OKAY

So now that I came up for air let me tell you about my freaky accident.

So in October I started a work out program.

Better diet and exercise.

So meal planning just getting a grip, especially being a little bad over the holidays......

Exercise is water classes three times a week.

Tuesdays Thursdays and Saturdays for 2 hours.

Deep core (floatie belt in 14 feet of water core exercises, planks, running jumping jacks).......

Shallow strengthening of arms, legs

So after 3 months I developed a level of confidence and was not paying attention.

So.....

I breathed in pool water when someones elses wave headed my way, yup aspirated some water, coughing jag for 3 min.

Caught my breath finished that class as well as second.

Class over went home, after walking out in 5 degree weather.

Showered, light snack.

9:30 time for bed ( I get up at 4:30)

Started having stridor, could not breath, wheezy, could not lay flat, could not walk 5 steps unless I stopped to rest.

DH wanted to call ambulance, stubborn nurse anesthetist such as I made him drive me in.

Upon arrival, triage, Oxygen saturation 91-93. Pulse 150 and BP (very very high embarrassed to say)

Whisked back to cubicle

Decadron IV 10 mg.

Aeresols.

Chest xray basilar infilltrates, cat scan ? pneuomonia, but no restrictions near trachea.

BP very high.

Now anxiety mode,

Gave me 4 mg. Morphine IV

Instantaneous hives on face.....I looked like frost bite now for 4 days.

Still anxious

BP and pulse rediculously high

Almost got a bed in ICU on cardizem drip no beds so got NTG drip and intermediate bed.

Started on lisinipril and thank God the NTG headache went away went the NTG.

All blood work from renin levels to scans looking for renal artery stenosis and pheos were negative

So now to summarize.

Inhaling chlorinated pool water in the dead of winter caused a delayed stridor, and who knows if I was a sleeping hypertensive patient that this event brought light to it.

In future when swimming, pay attention

In future when swimming do not breath water.

In future when you go to hospital and breathing is better calm down.

Be greatful for the medical profession Yea I am a nurse anesthetist and I know a little about a lot of things, but I am not a physician, and will be a good patient in the future, not that I was really bad, but...........

Moral of story, when swimming keep mouth shut, and keep regular doctors appointments.

Stay healthy

OKAY

So now that I came up for air let me tell you about my freaky accident.

So in October I started a work out program.

Better diet and exercise.

So meal planning just getting a grip, especially being a little bad over the holidays......

Exercise is water classes three times a week.

Tuesdays Thursdays and Saturdays for 2 hours.

Deep core (floatie belt in 14 feet of water core exercises, planks, running jumping jacks).......

Shallow strengthening of arms, legs

So after 3 months I developed a level of confidence and was not paying attention.

So.....

I breathed in pool water when someones elses wave headed my way, yup aspirated some water, coughing jag for 3 min.

Caught my breath finished that class as well as second.

Class over went home, after walking out in 5 degree weather.

Showered, light snack.

9:30 time for bed ( I get up at 4:30)

Started having stridor, could not breath, wheezy, could not lay flat, could not walk 5 steps unless I stopped to rest.

DH wanted to call ambulance, stubborn nurse anesthetist such as I made him drive me in.

Upon arrival, triage, Oxygen saturation 91-93. Pulse 150 and BP (very very high embarrassed to say)

Whisked back to cubicle

Decadron IV 10 mg.

Aeresols.

Chest xray basilar infilltrates, cat scan ? pneuomonia, but no restrictions near trachea.

BP very high.

Now anxiety mode,

Gave me 4 mg. Morphine IV

Instantaneous hives on face.....I looked like frost bite now for 4 days.

Still anxious

BP and pulse rediculously high

Almost got a bed in ICU on cardizem drip no beds so got NTG drip and intermediate bed.

Started on lisinipril and thank God the NTG headache went away went the NTG.

All blood work from renin levels to scans looking for renal artery stenosis and pheos were negative

So now to summarize.

Inhaling chlorinated pool water in the dead of winter caused a delayed stridor, and who knows if I was a sleeping hypertensive patient that this event brought light to it.

In future when swimming, pay attention

In future when swimming do not breath water.

In future when you go to hospital and breathing is better calm down.

Be greatful for the medical profession Yea I am a nurse anesthetist and I know a little about a lot of things, but I am not a physician, and will be a good patient in the future, not that I was really bad, but...........

Moral of story, when swimming keep mouth shut, and keep regular doctors appointments.

Stay healthy

Thanks for this important information and very pleased you are okay.

We need to get the golds to do our exercises for us and our bodies get the benefit.

...We need to get the golds to do our exercises for us and our bodies get the benefit.

Good idea. I'm a speed walker and walk the track every morning for 1.5 hours nonstop. Every morning I have a gold member run in front of me to keep a clear path for me so not to break my stride.

Good idea. I'm a speed walker and walk the track every morning for 1.5 hours nonstop. Every morning I have a gold member run in front of me to keep a clear path for me so not to break my stride.

That sounds a very reasonable thing to do plus I'm sure you have one alongside you with your glass off champagne and another one at your otherside with a fan to keep you cool.

That sounds a very reasonable thing to do plus I'm sure you have one alongside you with your glass off champagne and another one at your otherside with a fan to keep you cool.

No, but thanks for the great idea. Learn something new everyday on CC. :)

When we arrived at our 5 star Hotel Jardin de Nivarria in Tenerife yesterday when they noticed my D+ bag tag they invited us for complimentary champagne and nibbles while the bell boy took our cases to our room.

The bell boy said he was gold and bowed when he realised we were DS and left a nice bottle of champagne in our room

When we arrived at our 5 star Hotel Jardin de Nivarria in Tenerife yesterday when they noticed my D+ bag tag they invited us for complimentary champagne and nibbles while the bell boy took our cases to our room.

The bell boy said he was gold and bowed when he realised we were DS and left a nice bottle of champagne in our room

Glad to hear you received the recognition and respect you and your wife deserve. Disfrutar.

Glad to hear you received the recognition and respect you and your wife deserve. Disfrutar.

Thank you.

I emailed the hotel 4 days before we arrived to let them know a DS was coming to their hotel and we were given a fantastic sea/pool view room on a high floor which offers us fantastic views of the resort.

My friends, I need your trusted counsel. I was flying on Delta airlines this week and they cancelled my flight due to snow. I showed them my lapel pin, and that did not change anything. They said it was an act of God. Are they saying God does not recognise my status as Diamond Superior? Should I email Royal Corporate? I was stuck in Baltimore and feel Royal should have sent a ship. Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

My friends, I need your trusted counsel. I was flying on Delta airlines this week and they cancelled my flight due to snow. I showed them my lapel pin, and that did not change anything. They said it was an act of God. Are they saying God does not recognise my status as Diamond Superior? Should I email Royal Corporate? I was stuck in Baltimore and feel Royal should have sent a ship. Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Did they not hold Grandeur for you?

I was stuck in Baltimore and feel Royal should have sent a ship.

I'm confused by this comment. Why would Royal send a ship to you. That's the kind of thing yuou do for a low rent D+ member.

They should have *built* a ship for you. And I'm not just talking about some tug boat. I'm talking about the kind of thing that is so large, our alien overlords can see it from their home world.

I'm going to ask for some additional credit as reparations.

I did ask to see another employee's ID to see if they were allowed to use the coffee machine. They looked at me funny and refused to show me their ID. I intend to report this when I see the captain.

OP deserves a free drink package just for posting this.....I am still laughing very loudly!

Keeping in mind they'll expect YOU to deliver their drink. :eek:

Nah... should be delivered by lower status members.

We are still Emeralds so could be us, but maybe golds or platinums.

Wishful thinking. You are in the same pool. I prefer Emerald when I need something as you are a little more seasoned at what you do.

I agree. The golds should stick with the oars and occasionally be brought up for training on their future responsibilities.

I really wish they had a ship that was restricted to Diamond and above passengers....with a webcam in the public spaces so that the plebes could watch the d*** measuring and oneupmanship in action. I'd even pay a monthly subscription for that!