12 Night Anthem (partially live) Review

Bubbis3

Boarding tomorrow. Hope the passenger will be ok 🤞. I am sure there will be a deep clean of the ship. I am always diligent with hand washing and this cruise will be no different. Enjoy your evening onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope the passenger will be OK.

I was just wondering, with all the reports of flu in the past 2 weeks on the news, are there many on board with flu symptoms?

I agree with what other people have posted. When I came on board 12 days ago, my dad and I were perfectly healthy people. Knowing what can happen on a ship (I call it a pietry dish), I take precautions prior to boarding. I keep hand sanitizer in my room and use it coming and going. I bring medications with me just in case. I also follow all ship recommendations on cleaning. Well we both got the flu about six days in. We self medicated immediately and also self quarantined ourselves for a couple of days. I missed a couple of shore excursions that I’d otherwise have written about here because of this. We are both better now. But there’s a clear sickness going on currently. And it’s not norovirus.

Bob (the other Bob)

They were just leaving personal items and ship towels the other day at 6:30am, our first sea day back, and taking off in spite of the signs that indicate any personal items on lounge left for more than 30 minutes would be removed by the deck attendants. I spoke to one and she indicated that this would be done but I didn't go back to see if this was actually being down.

[ATTACH]413465[/ATTACH]

Yes it is being done. I was on the Anthem during NYE and it was ridiculous on how many people left their belongings for HOURS. There were many many many chairs that were reserved for at least 1 hour. We asked the pool attendants if there were any other chairs available and they started putting up 3o minutes signs. Once the time was up they came back and removed the stuff off the chair. We were there for 3 hours and nobody ever came back to claim their stuff!! This was only done if someone would ask the pool attendants for chairs. Another day there were areas that were without chairs and we asked them if we could add 2 chairs since there was space for them- they were nice enough to get 2 chairs from the empty cold outside pool and brought them in the solarium for us.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I agree with what other people have posted. When I came on board 12 days ago, my dad and I were perfectly healthy people. Knowing what can happen on a ship (I call it a pietry dish), I take precautions prior to boarding. I keep hand sanitizer in my room and use it coming and going. I bring medications with me just in case. I also follow all ship recommendations on cleaning. Well we both got the flu about six days in. We self medicated immediately and also self quarantined ourselves for a couple of days. I missed a couple of shore excursions that I’d otherwise have written about here because of this. We are both better now. But there’s a clear sickness going on currently. And it’s not norovirus.

Bob (the other Bob)

The flu is all over. It's been on the news for the last 2 weeks, especially the last week. Did you have an Rx for tamiflu, or just over the counter? I'm starting to pack my travel "medicine cabinet" for my cruise in 9 days.

We just got off this morning. We heard last night that there were four deaths this trip plus the medical emergency. We also were told the person was brain dead and this way was easier for the family. Our friends saw them leave the ship Thursday night and also saw an ambulance early this morning. Don’t know if there were any more illnesses or they were waiting for one already I’ll. It was an unusual cruise for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off this morning. We heard last night that there were four deaths this trip plus the medical emergency. We also were told the person was brain dead and this way was easier for the family. Our friends saw them leave the ship Thursday night and also saw an ambulance early this morning. Don’t know if there were any more illnesses or they were waiting for one already I’ll. It was an unusual cruise for sure.

so sad...

we were also on this cruise and have never experienced that many medical emergencies, felt so bad for all of those families, I did not hear that there were any death. The ship left at today and is now back going to Bayonne for a medical emergency.

Thanks. Aft at the back or aft halfway back?

We're on deck seven so hopefully the smoke won't reach us. I only ask because we once we were one deck right up from the smoking area and that was unpleasant.

Boy voyage.

We were on the Anthem in July of 2016 and had cabin 6680. The smoking area was right below us, and it was quite unpleasant. The smoke was bad and the noise and lack of privacy spoiled sitting on the balcony for us.

But that was the only downside to any otherwise perfect vacation.