Newbie 1st Cruise on Freedom 3/25, have a few questions/ clarity

Fyrguy51

1. I understand my wife and I can bring 2 bottles of wine on board, but are we allowed to drink in our room or by pool or are they held and we only can access for dinner?

2. I still am confused by the MDR vs, Windjammer? Do I need to book time slots for both or MDR only? Do we have to eat in MDR or can we use WJ for all our meals?

Thank you in advance

You can drink the wine in your cabin. If you pour it into glasses, you can also take it anywhere on the ship. If you have the bottle in the dining room or other public area, they will charge you a $15 corkage fee.

The main dining room is for sit down meals. You will either have a scheduled seating, or My Time dining for dinner. With My Time, you can go when you want, but reservations help. It is open for breakfast, and for lunch on sea days. For those meals, you can just show up and be seated. The Windjammer is a buffet. You can pop in whenever it is open - no reservations required.

You can drink the wine in your room, they let you take it to the room. If you take it to a restaurant, they may charge you a cork age fee.

Windjammer is not open all day, closed for a couple of hours in the afternoon and late at night. For MDR you are either assigned the early or late seating. You can also do Any time Dining, but we have never done that so no idea how that works....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually, if you sign up for My Time Dining (MTD), you technically don't need a reservation at the main dining room, correct? If you don't, you'll just have to wait in line, right?

Correct, you can just show up whenever you want.

1. I understand my wife and I can bring 2 bottles of wine on board, but are we allowed to drink in our room or by pool or are they held and we only can access for dinner?

2. I still am confused by the MDR vs, Windjammer? Do I need to book time slots for both or MDR only? Do we have to eat in MDR or can we use WJ for all our meals?

Thank you in advance

Hi

You can drink your wine in your room or by the pool as you choose. Likewise in most of the other ship venues.

The windjammer is non bookable so go when you please (when they are open) and the MDR has two main dining times or you can book and pay for ‘My Time Dining’ which can be more flexible.

Good luck

Stewart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The windjammer is non bookable so go when you please (when they are open) and the MDR has two main dining times or you can book and pay for ‘My Time Dining’ which can be more flexible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, you do not pay extra for "My Time Dining".

You can use windjammer whenever you want. no reservations needed. It's a buffet. You need reservations for the main dining room for dinner. You don't have to eat in the MDR though.

I don't know about wine- we don't drink.

Thanks for that information. We're new to the cruising world and I didn't know the answer either. I haven't drank in years so that part doesn't concern us either.