Discovery Drinks Menu

Hi

Does anyone have any images of the Discovery drinks menu?

I have them from the Spirit but looking at pics for other ships in the fleet they seem to vary ship to ship, so wanted to see what's included in the AI package and what's chargeable.

For example, I think cider is included in the Discovery, but was chargeable on the Spirit.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Discovery this year and thought the drinks menu offered a very good choice of 'free' drinks, better than other Thomson ships. Cynically I might say this was because it was her first season and next year it will revert to mediocrity :(

I was on Discovery this year and thought the drinks menu offered a very good choice of 'free' drinks, better than other Thomson ships. Cynically I might say this was because it was her first season and next year it will revert to mediocrity :(

I'm wondering that it will change when it goes All Inclusive.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
At a guess it will just be joe bloggs house brands included with a £1+ supplement for decent branded stuff

The selection is actually very good and we found no need at all to upgrade. Here is the current list of drinks on the basic AI package for Discovery and Discovery 2:-

DRAUGHT BEER + CIDER - Fosters, John Smiths, Strongbow

BOTTLED/CANNED BEER - Corona, Budweiser, Becks, Peroni Red Label, Guinness, Non-Alcoholic Beer

WINE

SPARKLING - Philippe Dublanc Brut (France), Terredirai Prosecco (Italy), Bonaval Cava (Spain)

RED - St Martin Pinot Noir (France), Casillero del Diablo Merlot (Chile), La Terre Cabernet Sauvignon (USA)

WHITE - Bleu de Mer Sauvignon Blanc (France), Il Poggio Pinot Grigio (Italy), Le Terre Chardonnay (USA)

ROSE - Bleu de Mer (France), White Zinfandel (USA)

COCKTAILS - Black Russian, Singapore Sling, Classic Margarita, Classic Daiquiri, Long Island Iced Tea, Raspberry Collins, Lemon Tree, Wibble, West Indies Yellowbird, Zombie, Hurricane, Banana Banshee, Classic Vodka Martini, Classic Gin Martini, French Martini, Cosmopolitan, Tequila Sunrise, Cuba Libre, Pimms Cup, Bloody Mary, Electric Lemonade, Mai Tai

FROZEN COCKTAILS - Margarita (Classic or Peach), Daiquiri (Very Berry or Banana), Pina Colada, Miami Vice

MOCKTAILS - Virgin Emotion, Virgin Colada, Fruit Smoothie (Banana, Peach or Mango), Shirley Temple, Virgin Daiquiri

APERITIF - Martini Vermouth (Dry, Bianco or Red), Pimms No. 1, Dubonnet, Campari, Aperol, Pernod, Fernet Branca

PORT - Sandemans Ruby, Cockburns Special Reserve

SHERRY - Harveys Bristol Cream, Croft Original

LIQUEURS - Amaretto, Baileys Irish Cream, Cherry Brandy, Chambord, Cointreau, Drambuie, Kahlua, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria

SPIRITS (Mixers included)

GIN - Gordons, Beefeater London Dry Gin, Tanqueray

VODKA - Smirnoff, Stolichnaya

RUM - Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan

SCOTCH WHISKY - Teachers, Johnnie Walker Red Label, Bells, The Famous Grouse

IRISH WHISKY - Jameson, AMERICAN WHISKY - Jim Bean

BRANDY - Fundador, Metaxa 5 Stars

TEQUILA - Jose Cuervo Silver, Jose Cuervo Gold

HOT DRINKS - Caffe Latte, Cappuccino, Hot Chocolate, Americano, Cafe Mocha, Macchiato, Espresso, Nescafe, Nescafe Decafeinated, Selection of Teas, Irish Coffee (with Jameson Whisky), Baileys Coffee, Lumumba

SOFT DRINKS - Any soft drink by the glass + Fruit Juices (Orange, Pineapple, Cranberry, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit)

Edited by campolady

The selection is actually very good and we found no need at all to upgrade. Here is the current list of drinks on the basic AI package for Discovery and Discovery 2:-

DRAUGHT BEER + CIDER - Fosters, John Smiths, Strongbow

BOTTLED/CANNED BEER - Corona, Budweiser, Becks, Peroni Red Label, Guinness, Non-Alcoholic Beer

WINE

SPARKLING - Philippe Dublanc Brut (France), Terredirai Prosecco (Italy), Bonaval Cava (Spain)

RED - St Martin Pinot Noir (France), Casillero del Diablo Merlot (Chile), La Terre Cabernet Sauvignon (USA)

WHITE - Bleu de Mer Sauvignon Blanc (France), Il Poggio Pinot Grigio (Italy), Le Terre Chardonnay (USA)

ROSE - Bleu de Mer (France), White Zinfandel (USA)

COCKTAILS - Black Russian, Singapore Sling, Classic Margarita, Classic Daiquiri, Long Island Iced Tea, Raspberry Collins, Lemon Tree, Wibble, West Indies Yellowbird, Zombie, Hurricane, Banana Banshee, Classic Vodka Martini, Classic Gin Martini, French Martini, Cosmopolitan, Tequila Sunrise, Cuba Libre, Pimms Cup, Bloody Mary, Electric Lemonade, Mai Tai

FROZEN COCKTAILS - Margarita (Classic or Peach), Daiquiri (Very Berry or Banana), Pina Colada, Miami Vice

MOCKTAILS - Virgin Emotion, Virgin Colada, Fruit Smoothie (Banana, Peach or Mango), Shirley Temple, Virgin Daiquiri

APERITIF - Martini Vermouth (Dry, Bianco or Red), Pimms No. 1, Dubonnet, Campari, Aperol, Pernod, Fernet Branca

PORT - Sandemans Ruby, Cockburns Special Reserve

SHERRY - Harveys Bristol Cream, Croft Original

LIQUEURS - Amaretto, Baileys Irish Cream, Cherry Brandy, Chambord, Cointreau, Drambuie, Kahlua, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria

SPIRITS (Mixers included)

GIN - Gordons, Beefeater London Dry Gin, Tanqueray

VODKA - Smirnoff, Stolichnaya

RUM - Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan

SCOTCH WHISKY - Teachers, Johnnie Walker Red Label, Bells, The Famous Grouse

IRISH WHISKY - Jameson, AMERICAN WHISKY - Jim Bean

BRANDY - Fundador, Metaxa 5 Stars

TEQUILA - Jose Cuervo Silver, Jose Cuervo Gold

HOT DRINKS - Caffe Latte, Cappuccino, Hot Chocolate, Americano, Cafe Mocha, Macchiato, Espresso, Nescafe, Nescafe Decafeinated, Selection of Teas, Irish Coffee (with Jameson Whisky), Baileys Coffee, Lumumba

SOFT DRINKS - Any soft drink by the glass + Fruit Juices (Orange, Pineapple, Cranberry, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit)

I was very suprised when the AI drinks was published, far superior to any previous offerings, i was expecting something like when they made the Ilsand Escape totally AI ,basic crap and poke you in the eye for any decent stuff.

Lets hope they stick with this for the future and greed does not set in, to me its certainly a good selling point.

OK you are probably paying a little more on the cruise price but even for the moderate/methodist(TT) drinkers there are some very good choices of refreshment across the board.

Would be nice if they applied the same package across the fleet.

We found the drink package to be really comprehensive in June. Unlike Himself I tend to change what I want to drink day by day and found a wonderful selection of drinks with no need to pay extra. Even Bailys this time was included so my night cap of Brandy and Bailys I think was wholly to blame for any weight gained on the two week cruise.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for that info - really helpful. Am I right in thinking though that a gin would be free on AI but you have to pay for the tonic??

We are looking to go on our first cruise on the TUI explorer in July, with complimentary AI. Any advice appreciated :)

Edited by Julie-h
incorrect ship!

Thanks for that info - really helpful. Am I right in thinking though that a gin would be free on AI but you have to pay for the tonic??

We are looking to go on our first cruise on the TUI explorer in July, with complimentary AI. Any advice appreciated :)

Mixers from the pump are free with spirits; you would only pay if you had a can. Cans are 'free' if you upgrade to the premium drinks package but we found no need to do so at all.

Thank you campolady.

Hoping the drinks list on the Explorer will be similar to the discovery, we certainly wouldn’t need to upgrade to premium based on the list - nicely comprehensive!

Do you know what time breakfast is generally available from? And is it possible to get an early coffee as hubby is a very early riser!

Thank you campolady.

Hoping the drinks list on the Explorer will be similar to the discovery, we certainly wouldn’t need to upgrade to premium based on the list - nicely comprehensive!

Do you know what time breakfast is generally available from? And is it possible to get an early coffee as hubby is a very early riser!

Breakfast time varies slightly depending on what time you are due to dock - the earlier the arrival in port the earlier the restaurants open. Generally though the buffet opens around 7 a.m. (hot dishes may not be ready until 7.30) and the MDR opens at 8 a.m. Tea/Coffee can be obtained from the Snack Shack from 6 a.m. onwards - I am usually one of the first there! Tea and Coffee making facilities are also available in your cabin with sachets/teabags used restocked daily - the tea on Discovery 2 was Yorkshire Tea which we don't like so I swapped this each morning for Twinings Breakfast Tea from the varied choice of teas at the Snack Shack when having my early morning cuppa on deck.