Tap water in Diadema

dldkrypto

Hi

The tap water in the cabins is not very nice. We just buy bottles of water when we are ashore. Some people fill their bottles in the buffet where it clearly states not to because of hygiene reasons. I would not have water from the machines for exactly that reason. I'd rather pay a few € ashore than share saliva contaminated water.

Alicat

than share saliva contaminated water.

Alicat

Sounds just like when dear MIL come to visit and I get a kiss (on the cheek).:lips-sealed::lips-sealed::lips-sealed:

Noivember will not be hot o you will not be dying of thirst. The tap water is drinkable, but I just use it for cleaning my teeth.

Either buy a water package or buy a bottle when you are ashore.

Take your water bottle up with you to the buffet, go to the water dispensers and take a beaker or(or2) back to your table and fill up your bottle there, we did this all the time on our 12 day Magica cruise. This is where Costa lets itself down with the stupid restrictions on the availablity of water to drink with meals in the main dining room you have no choice but to buy bottled water at a ridiculous price!

For heavens sake why go to all that trouble when you can buy 13 litre bottles for 35 euros.

Now it is even better with AI packages included with most cabins water at tables in MDR so just a very small price for water you require. Given the cost of these cruises still a great deal with Costa.

The water is safe. What do you think the crew drinks? If you do a kitchen tour, you'll see water fountains.

Pure water is tasteless. Taste comes from dissolved solids- I don't know about EU regulations, but in North America, they're declared on the label. So a taste preference is about liking the contaminants- entirely your choice.

Sanitation is indeed mostly a plausible cover story for selling bottled water. On most Costa ships, and if I recall entirely on Diadema, you get water from the juice dispensers by pushing a button. That's the real contamination source, for your hands.

What's included in your fare varies by market and depends what package you chose. But I do think the small bottles convenient for shore excursions always cost extra, well worth re-filling

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
remember that all occupants in a cabin got to take the drink package apparently, so it will be more than 35 EUROS

The previous message was asking about the water package.

This can be bought just once and the whole family and / or all occupants in the cabin can use it. Each person does not have to buy one.