Jewel of the Seas Interior cabins

Are there any interior cabins on JOTS that are preferable over any other. Any areas to avoid or are any categories of interior larger than others?

Thanks!

All interiors are the same size. The catagory differs by location. Midship locations are generally the better option for less motion.

I second the suggestion of 3635 or 3639. Best kept secret for sure!

We stayed last year after hearing from 138east on these boards.

Rectangular room instead of long. No “hallway” as you enter the room. Lots more space, big sofa. Quiet area near the end of the hall. One flight down to disembark at ports, one flight up to the centrum nightly entertainment on deck 4.

I second the suggestion of 3635 or 3639. Best kept secret for sure!

We stayed last year after hearing from 138east on these boards.

Rectangular room instead of long. No “hallway” as you enter the room. Lots more space, big sofa. Quiet area near the end of the hall. One flight down to disembark at ports, one flight up to the centrum nightly entertainment on deck 4.

Not such a secret...both those cabins are already booked for 2019!

I am surprised, we have found them available as they are on such low a deck.

We had 3635 booked for our April Jewel cruise but got a great deal on a balcony guarantee so switched. Now both these cabins are still available on this sailing. If you book another cabin or guarantee and this comes available you can call and switch. These are great interior cabins....

I am surprised, we have found them available as they are on such low a deck.

We had 3635 booked for our April Jewel cruise but got a great deal on a balcony guarantee so switched. Now both these cabins are still available on this sailing. If you book another cabin or guarantee and this comes available you can call and switch. These are great interior cabins....

That’s prob what we’ll do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I called RCI, they said one of those two cabins were already deposited, the other was on hold. I kept checking the one on hold, and finally after a few days, it appeared. Grabbed it! thanks!

You will be glad you did. It is still an inside cabin but having the extra floor space is nice. It is quiet and we found the walk not bad at all. We took the stairways to Deck 2 to get on and off at port and to go to the 4th and 5th deck where the theatre, dining rooms, etc are.

Edited by OntarioTraveller

You will be glad you did. It is still an inside cabin but having the extra floor space is nice. It is quiet and we found the walk not bad at all. We took the stairways to Deck 2 to get on and off at port and to go to the 4th and 5th deck where the theatre, dining rooms, etc are.

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. Always assumed these sideways cabins would be noisy - wondered if the open space behind is crew storage or stairway?

Also, what is the closet like - is it as large as in a regular cabin?

Appreciate the info.

NJ

3635 and 3639 are sideways cabins at about 200 sq ft.

- similar cabin on Radiance

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49464818

I'm booked in one of these cabins on Jewel for a TA next November.

I'm booked on one of these on transatlantic on jewel in October 2019.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

On Brilliance we were in cabin 3137. Had to be moved from that cabin coz of screeching, cranking, noises that kept us awake at night.

Is there any concern about being at back of the ship in say 3639 with ship noise?

Thanks,

NJ

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. Always assumed these sideways cabins would be noisy - wondered if the open space behind is crew storage or stairway?

Also, what is the closet like - is it as large as in a regular cabin?

Appreciate the info.

NJ

My impression is that the closet was the same size. It was certainly much easier to access than the regular cabin closets because of all the space between the end of the bed and the closet.

On Brilliance we were in cabin 3137. Had to be moved from that cabin coz of screeching, cranking, noises that kept us awake at night.

Is there any concern about being at back of the ship in say 3639 with ship noise?

Thanks,

NJ

The only ship noise I experienced was on embarkation day on one cruise where the luggage for deck 3 was being staged in the hallway.

These cabins are not actually all the way aft. The deck 3 corridor has 2/3 the number of cabins as deck 8 in the same area.

The only ship noise I experienced was on embarkation day on one cruise where the luggage for deck 3 was being staged in the hallway.

These cabins are not actually all the way aft. The deck 3 corridor has 2/3 the number of cabins as deck 8 in the same area.

Hi,

Well, we went ahead & changed our cabin to #3639 for our Serenade Boston to FLL cruise. Worth trying. Thanks for the video - looks good.

NJ

Well howdy neighbor. We’re next door in 3635 on the Jewel TA in October 2019. You must have grabbed that cabin the day the bookings opened because it was gone so fast. I called RCI because both of those cabins were unavailable. Yours was already deposited they said but the other one was on hold. As soon as it released we grabbed it!

Well howdy neighbor. We’re next door in 3635 on the Jewel TA in October 2019. You must have grabbed that cabin the day the bookings opened because it was gone so fast. I called RCI because both of those cabins were unavailable. Yours was already deposited they said but the other one was on hold. As soon as it released we grabbed it!

I'm the one that gave up the 3635 cabin! Moving to 2029, which is another cabin I love as a solo, was $150+ cheaper. Looking forward to meeting you both.

I'm the one that gave up the 3635 cabin! Moving to 2029, which is another cabin I love as a solo, was $150+ cheaper. Looking forward to meeting you both.

Just curious. Aside from the price difference (although I thought our category was the lowest price), what is so desirable about the cabin you switched to. My understanding is 3635 is 200 sq ft vs 165 sq ft.

We did this same itinerary last month. We enjoyed it, but the weather was awful. Cool and rainy every day at sea. But that hasn't stopped us from trying again. The staff was wonderful and we loved the ports. We did 3 days precruise in Florence, but for this cruise, I think we'll do 5 days so we can venture out to some smaller towns outside of Florence.

It's variety and convenience. I had 2029 on the Radiance last May and loved it too. It's super quiet and right by the elevators. There's almost no foot traffic on deck 2. Since I travel solo, I just have them separate the beds to enhance the illusion of space in the cabin.

This year I'm doing the same TA and have 3635. Any suggestions for Florence? I'm splitting 5 precruise days between Venice and Florence.

It's variety and convenience. I had 2029 on the Radiance last May and loved it too. It's super quiet and right by the elevators. There's almost no foot traffic on deck 2. Since I travel solo, I just have them separate the beds to enhance the illusion of space in the cabin.

This year I'm doing the same TA and have 3635. Any suggestions for Florence? I'm splitting 5 precruise days between Venice and Florence.

We rented an apartment just off the Arno river. We rented through VRBO. Excellent location and very reasonably priced. Def purchase tix ahead of time for the Gallery and Uffizi Museum. Seeing Da Vinci’s David is awesome. A restaurant recommendation is Del Fagioli. Excellent local place. Make a reservation ahead of time.

We rented an apartment just off the Arno river. We rented through VRBO. Excellent location and very reasonably priced. Def purchase tix ahead of time for the Gallery and Uffizi Museum. Seeing Da Vinci’s David is awesome. A restaurant recommendation is Del Fagioli. Excellent local place. Make a reservation ahead of time.

Let me know how you like 3635.