Princess EZ air, need reassurance from more experienced flyers

NoWhiners

Hi everyone

I know this will sound stupid but I can't shake the feeling this is all going too well :)

We have booked using EZ air (first time we have ever used cruise line air) 1-way from LHR to ABQ. We changed from an economy flight on BA to an Upper/First class on VS/DL. I did the change online at EZ air site, and it seemed to work--shows the new flights and booking number. Then I checked the reservation with VS/DL and it was in their system, even changed seats. Final payment for cruise is mid-January and once we pay that we will pay for the flights, before the 45 days out.

I have a nagging feeling I should call Princess and verify our flights. But, they show up on VS/DL. It all seems so easy and I have read horror stories about people booking cruise air (but also read lots of "no problem" stories).

Am I am being too crazy or should I call Princess?

Thanks and Happy New Year

ML

Just remember, you are not actually ticketed for your flight until you pay for it. Til then, you just have an unticketed reservation.

Yes, this is why we will pay right after final payment. I will feel a lot better once we have a ticket!

Thanks

My experience with multiple Ezair, albeit British Air, they do not ticket until 30 days prior to travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think that is what they do unless you call and ask them to ticket early (and you pay early). I called Princess to verify this and this is what they said.

• 3 weeks later...

I have only had one glitch with EZAir. That is, we scheduled a short flight with two seats side by side months in advance. By the time I paid we ended up with separate seats. I now check the status of seats on the airline website and pay early if the seats begin to fill. We like flying comfort. And, since there are fewer seats in that category, I check more frequently. I truly like the flexibility of EZAir. We often fly days early, and even spend a night at an airport midway to break up a long haul. Prices are good, particularly for flexible fare.

I have only had one glitch with EZAir. That is, we scheduled a short flight with two seats side by side months in advance. By the time I paid we ended up with separate seats. I now check the status of seats on the airline website and pay early if the seats begin to fill. We like flying comfort. And, since there are fewer seats in that category, I check more frequently. I truly like the flexibility of EZAir. We often fly days early, and even spend a night at an airport midway to break up a long haul. Prices are good, particularly for flexible fare.

Just two things to make you (and others) aware of:

1) Seat assignments are always subject to change, even after check-in...doesn't matter if you book directly with the airline or a TA or whomever.

2) Seat maps aren't always (and, frequently, rarely are) a good indication of actual number of tickets sold. But, if you see starts starting to get snatched up and want a very specific one, definitely jump on it. In that case, do still be aware of my #1 point.