Silversea Spirit Dining

737swapilot

737swapilot; We have found no problem obtaining reservations for any of the half dozen Spirit's restaurants when ressies open up. We have sailed on the Spirit over half dozen times.

We generally make reservations for La Terraza every fourth night (menu's (except I believe on the Muse) change every third nite).

For ports that have a moderate/nice climate we will have dinner at least once per cruise in the Grill. Even if it is cold--there are heaters and the servers will provide you with blankets.

Give Le Dame a try--nice french degustation menu. Tho, the complementary wines are nice--we often order one red and one white of the wine list to pair with the set courses

Stars supper club is also worth enjoying at least once especially if you like tapas and jazz.

Seishin (Japanese) has a $40 surcharge--we have never gone in the evening, prefer to eat here multiple times for lunch (no surcharge) ambiance & service is wonderful during this time--rarely crowded at lunch.

Finally, believe you are cruising after the Spirit's planned refurb (stretching) so the Main Dining Room will no longer be there (what shows up on the SS site)is Restaurant 1 and Restaurant 2 (believe Atlantide and Indochine). We will look to you to help us understand how these new venues are.

Finally, many of the long time Silversea cruisers once or twice per cruise will see the Maitre'd (Main Dining Room--so for your cruise you may have to speak with the Maitre'd in Atlantide or Indochine) and place an order (at least 24 hours ahead of time) for a special dinner menu (e.g. Thai, Phillipino or Indian). On the other hand if you want something special for an anniversary or birthday--you can special order beef wellington, steak diane, dover sole, even have the pastry chef whip up a Saint Honore cake.

Hope this helps and we hope you have a terrific first Silversea cruise--believe you will love it.

737swapilot has given you excellent information.

I am more of a newbie having sailed Spirit one time and Silver Shadow one time so there are many others like Wes with a lot more experience then me.

With that said for us we enjoyed each of the specialty restaurants in in our case we enjoyed La Terraza for dinner al to more then on our Silver Shadow voyage.

Once on board I would try to make additional reservations as depending on the length of the sailing and overall occupancy if you wait too long and are particular about dining time (we are) it might be more challenging to get in. Of course book in advance of your sailing.

We did dine one time each at Seishin. Have we had better Japanese cuisine on another cruise line? Yes, in our case. With that said we enjoyed the food, and there were several courses but what made it special was that the restaurant was intimate and that just added to the overall enjoyment of the evening.

Loved La Dame. I think when we were on board in 2016 it was called La Champagne. They don't turn over the tables so we had the table for the entire night. The cuisine was delicious. Fantastic service. Terrific ambience. Very special. For us it would be something to dine one time per cruise as the food is very rich but loved it. Just meant I exercised a little more.

Back to La Terraza we ate there a few times and if we booked sooner would have eaten there one more time. We have always had breakfast and lunch there and we like the decor of the restaurant and at evening just found it to be very nice and for us we preferred it over the main restaurant.

We didn't try the Stars Supper Club.

One night just to change things up we did dine in our room. It was just nice to enjoy a very relaxing meal by ourselves.

For us these options worked better then the restaurant but like all things everyone has their own opinion.

Happy New Year.

Keith

Hello, I have a quick question about making diner reservations on the spirit. Reservations open in January and I was curious how fast restaurants book up and if there is a specific premium restaurant we should try?

Excellent feed-back and suggestions from Wes and Keith. As detailed below on my live/blog below, things worked well for making advance reservations and dining on the Silver Spirit as we sailed up from Lisbon to Rouen in June 2017. Super loved La Terraza and dined there multiple times. Did Stars Super Club and that was excellent for that one experience. Nicely-done different mix of food items, having the live music, great service, etc., made Star very enjoyable. Had previously done La Champagne twice so that was not a priority on this cruise. Seishin seemed nice, but it was not as high of a personal priority for us. Especially with the uncharge cost required. Many more food pictures and details from the Silver Spirit are one my live/blog connected below. Doing reservations ahead is smart and good, but there was also reasonable flexibility while sailing on the ship to make certain adjustments.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Just finished June 2017 sailing from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

Below are three of my dining treats from our June experiences in La Terrazza. This includes a pasta dish with shrimp as a double-order to make sure I had enough to evaluate this dish properly. Then the main fish dish, a sole. Loved that lemon-styled sauce with this fish!! Then some rum-infused cake for dessert.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

June%202017A%201614_zpsyyom0spu.jpg

June%202017A%201616_zpsx76wumt9.jpg

June%202017A%201617_zpsx5g1tb6e.jpg

Loved our dining experiences on the Spirit cruising the Eastern Med. Especially nice in the main restaurant was "Please bring me the wine I liked last Wednesday again" That's service. Loved La Terraza breakfast & lunch. Our only below par dining experience was La Terazza outside on a beautiful evening where the waiter took forever and kept bringing the wrong things. Did not stop us from laughing it off and having a wonderful evening meal. An anomaly.

Loved the ship, the cruise and the excursions.

You've received excellent input. I would only at that, on our Spirt cruise in November, we found it hard to get an advance reservation in La Dame. The reservations quickly disappeared on line. However, once on board our excellent Butler was able to obtain a reservation for us. Along with the name change for that upscale French restaurant, the menu also changed. We thought it was a wonderful improvement