Carnival Breeze or NCL EPIC.

Robinola

What's the itinerary? If you go to Great Stirrup Cay, then I'd pick the Epic...though I have not sailed the Breeze and I am intrigued by her! Love GSC. It's beautiful and NCL has recently done some upgrading of the island.

We really enjoy the Epic and have sailed her twice. There's so much to do, the crew were great, and I believe she was recently dry docked. We'd sail the Epic again in a heartbeat.

As for the bathroom setup, it didn't bother us (a couple) at all, though I can see it feeling a little odd if you were cruising with someone you don't know well. I wouldn't be bothered by sharing a balcony cabin with a good friend with that bathroom setup. There's a curtain that separates the room from the toilet/shower area if someone would like more privacy. Some first-time cruiser friends sailed with us on the Epic for their first cruise, and the bathroom setup didn't bother them in the least. Funnily enough, when we sailed the Escape with them the following year, they were surprised to have an all-in-one bathroom. :-)

We would chose the Epic. Have sailed on the Epic 3 times and would go again without thinking twice. We have not sailed on the Breeze, but have sailed on Dream 2 times and the Magic. The shows on the Epic are far better than any Carnival ship. In our opinion, the food is a little better on NCL and there are more dining options. We love O'Sheehan's 24 hour pub (burgers, wings,etc), where Carnival only has 24 hour pizza. The bathroom configuration has never been a problem for us.

We would chose the Epic. Have sailed on the Epic 3 times and would go again without thinking twice. We have not sailed on the Breeze, but have sailed on Dream 2 times and the Magic. The shows on the Epic are far better than any Carnival ship. In our opinion, the food is a little better on NCL and there are more dining options. We love O'Sheehan's 24 hour pub (burgers, wings,etc), where Carnival only has 24 hour pizza. The bathroom configuration has never been a problem for us.

+ much much better passenger flow. Too many bottlenecks on Breeze.

I would said the breeze again but it would have to be a good chunk cheaper than the Epic.

Platinum on both NCL and Carnival and have been on both ships.

Breeze, hands down.

Epic wins for entertainment, but the Breeze for everything else. It's a gorgeous ship and the included/paid-for food is better IMHO.

Epic has many more options if you want to pay extra. I rarely sailed NCL without paying extra for dinner, but haven't felt the need to pay extra for dinner on Carnival. We occasionally pay for sushi on the Breeze for lunch.

As for the bottleneck comment above, I had no problems with any of my 6 sailings on the Breeze, but spent most of my Epic cruise standing in line --or trying to avoid the people standing in other lines(mostly for the aforementioned entertainment).

I found the Epic cramped, ugly, and crowded, with a tiny pool deck. The outside of the ship is an afterthought and the cabins are the worst at sea.

Breeze!

Have sailed the Magic and Epic. Epic had great shows, amazing actually, but I hated the ship. There is no way to see the ocean except the top deck. It felt crowded. Horrible design. Can't speak to the bathroom issue, we sailed in a suite. If you are looking at cruising in a suite, then pick the Epic. The Haven is ah-mazing and Carnival can't touch that. Having that access made the Epic do-able.

Leaving from Port Canaveral. Which would you pick?

Well, there you have it. It should be a real easy decision for you now.

It really doesn't matter what everbody else likes, because as you see, you will get about half of each choose either ship.

So, what are you going to pick now?

I’ve cruised both ships. Definitely Breeze. Epic is a failed design (hence only 1 built) with mediocre service and bad food. If there’s anything better about Epic, it’s the entertainment - but only by a bit. All in all, Breeze is the nicer ship and better cruise.

We've sailed both fairly recently. Once only on the Breeze out of Galston and twice on Epic including repositioning to Barcelona last April. They say Epic is ugly...I say unique and is like marmite....well I like marmite! Great crew and facilities. Good entertainment, food all round the ship and facilities. I'm currently not a fan of NCL and their all-inclusive programme...easy to offer when you've just ramped the prices up by the extras you're including! JOKE.

But I do like the line generally... A lot. Breeze was great with Mike Pack as CD. Carnival do their 'thing' very well and Breeze like Dream hit the spot. Next sailing is April on Magic to complete the Dream Class trilogy lol ...Then Vista is a calling. But finally to answer your question. ...I cannot split them! So I'm no use to you

We've sailed both fairly recently. Once only on the Breeze out of Galston and twice on Epic including repositioning to Barcelona last April. They say Epic is ugly...I say unique and is like marmite....well I like marmite! Great crew and facilities. Good entertainment, food all round the ship and facilities. I'm currently not a fan of NCL and their all-inclusive programme...easy to offer when you've just ramped the prices up by the extras you're including! JOKE.

But I do like the line generally... A lot. Breeze was great with Mike Pack as CD. Carnival do their 'thing' very well and Breeze like Dream hit the spot. Next sailing is April on Magic to complete the Dream Class trilogy lol ...Then Vista is a calling. But finally to answer your question. ...I cannot split them! So I'm no use to you

I can agree with unique lol, I also agree with your assessment of the entertainment. I also am not a fan of the nickel and diming they do. That said,w e will be on the Bliss in a couple of months to get a closer view....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It depends. If you are a drinker and the prices are similar, go for the Epic because you can get the drink package as a perk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Sorta... They still bang you for the service/gratuity add-on. But $125 is still alot cheaper than than around $400+ you have to pay for the Carnival package