New to the Breeze

nlktx49

My husband and I are going on our first cruise on the Breeze on Feb. 4. Any tips for this specific ship? Where is the best, least crowded, place to eat lunch on embarkation day? Is the Cucino del Capitano open for lunch? Looking forward to a new ship for our 15th cruise.

Great ship.... cucino del capitano is open for lunch on embarkation day and is free...Limited menu but a better alternative to the long buffet lines. During the cruise they have a Pasta Bar but normal seating is $$. Take advantage of the promenade deck throughout the cruise ....usually uncrowded...has hot tubs and outside eating/drinking seating. Wonderful to sit outside before or after dinner and enjoy a drink at the outside seating off Ocean Plaza as well

My husband and I are going on our first cruise on the Breeze on Feb. 4. Any tips for this specific ship? Where is the best, least crowded, place to eat lunch on embarkation day? Is the Cucino del Capitano open for lunch? Looking forward to a new ship for our 15th cruise.

Yes it's free and the dinner is $15pp and it's fabulous totally different.

We just got off the Breeze yesterday, my favorite ship! I agree, Cucina del Capitano is very good. The only issue we found with doing it during lunch is that it is located directly under the basketball court, so it does get loud. Other than that, it was fantastic. Have a great cruise!

My favorite venue on Dream class ships is Tandoor, which is located all the way aft (back) on starboard (right) side of the ship. Yum!!!

Peruse the entire buffet before you choose what to eat. You'll be enjoying your meal and someone will walk by with something that looks even better.

I may or may not have done this myself...:confused:

I don't really have any tips though I have been on the Breeze 3 times. It is by far my favorite ship in every way. I have cruised on the Vista all the way down and the Breeze is simply the best of the large ships Carnival has. I will say if you are looking for a get away from the crowd the outside seating at the Red Frog Pub is nice. One other thing if you do like great food and just an awesome experience don't miss the Chefs Table. Make reservations before you go. If not do it first thing. Have a GREAT CRUISE!

There is really only one option on Sail Away Day.......numerous Guy's Burgers!

Breeze is awesome and one of our favorites as well. Have a wonderful time!

I have to say I agree. I LOVE Guys Burgers and that is the first place I head. Even if there is a line, it moves very quickly.

You will love the breeze. It is my absolute favorite ship and hoping to sail her again. Schwartz is the cruise director and he is sooooo much fun and has so much energy.

Have a great vacation!

KEEP those tidbits about the Breeze comin' CC experts, ! We, my wife and my sister will have our first Christmas cruise (11/22-11/29) on the lovely Breeze Lady this year, which is ALSO our very first Xmas cruise, as well !! A FIRST in both cases. Yipeeeeeeeeeee ! :D

Mac

KEEP those tidbits about the Breeze comin' CC experts, ! We, my wife and my sister will have our first Christmas cruise (11/22-11/29) on the lovely Breeze Lady this year, which is ALSO our very first Xmas cruise, as well !! A FIRST in both cases. Yipeeeeeeeeeee ! :D

Mac

Opps! Meant to say 12/22-29 Guess I was MORE excited than I realized !!:eek: But, who can blame ME !!

Mac

The Breeze is my favorite ship (and I've sailed the Vista). Be sure to try the ropes course. You will need closed toe shoes to do it though. I'm a fan of the Mongolian Wok. Have a great cruise!

I’ve heard that ship movement seems more noticeable on the Breeze. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I get really sea sick and the Breeze is the only ship I have had success with. Never sick at all. Sailing on the Magic in a week and hope to have the same luck!

Cucino del Capitano is a great place for lunch on embarkation day. We ate there on our first cruise on the breeze and like someone else said it was fairly quite. Food was good. You will like the Breeze, very nice ship! OH, BTW, we will be on the same cruise Feb 4!!

I second (or third ) the ropes course. Go there early, we waited until the last sea day and only had one chance to use it and found we loved it. Also go to the steakhouse, this is not ship specific but I went to the steakhouse for the first time on the valor and loved it. We also enjoyed the pasta place for lunch so another vote for that. It was empty as it was a port day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ve heard that ship movement seems more noticeable on the Breeze. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I purposely got a cabin on one of the higher decks forward so that i would feel the movement, i like the feel of the ship rocking gently when going to sleep, but i really didnt feel it as much as i wanted to.