12 NIGHT BALTIC & WORLD CUP VOYAGE 29/06/2018 - cancelled excursions

chrisfromdevon

I am booked on this cruise and as of today, not happy. Originally booked to give an opportunity to see a World Cup game and fully expected Azamara to operate an excursion to see the game in St Petersburg on 3rd July. Similar to other "event based" ports of call, Rio/Carnival, Monaco/F1 Grand Prix, various UK Ports/British Open golf. It is now at a very late stage to buy tickets, having had an update on this Board from Bonnie on 29th December, explaining the logistics, read by myself today whilst looking for a thread on cancelled excursions. I could have attempted to buy tickets many months ago, but refrained, all the while expecting an announcement from Azamara. Although to be perfectly fair, at no time did Azamara suggest game attendance was possible, purely what I now consider to be something of a misleading voyage description. Fine, call it a "World Cup" voyage, but make it clear from the start that guests must make their own arrangements to buy tickets and obtain visas.

Recently I found an excursion booked for Bruges had been refunded with NO covering email. After some time, I traced the amount from Royal Caribbean on my credit card statement, back to the original excursion payment. A week ago I rebooked another Bruges excursion from a choice, from memory, of 6 or 8 alternatives. Today I receive an email telling me that has also been cancelled. Online there are now only two alternatives.

A further email received today tells me that an excursion booked for Amsterdam has been cancelled. Online there are now ZERO excursions for this port, previously a reasonable list, although the port still shows on the itinerary. Due to past history I tend to use Azamara excursions & have always been very happy with their delivery, rather than use local guides.

Overall a somewhat strange set of circumstances. Can anyone shed light on this situation? Please....

I share your pain 100%. I have just been online to look at the previous cruise which we are on and there are less excursions posted than were there before.

I have said my say on the other thread regarding the world cup tickets. We have a cruise that is going to be such a massive let down from what my husband has been so excited about for the last 18 months. Soccer fans will I am sure feel his pain.