Allure scheduled boarding time

I recently checked in online for my March 18 Allure sailing. I was prompted to choose a boarding time, I chose 11:30 - 12 which is the earliest option. For previous cruises I did not have to choose a time and we always liked getting onboard as soon as possible.

Does anyone know if we will be able to board before 11:30 if we show up early? What's the earliest time you can get onboard?

We sail on the Allure tomorrow (1/14) and had selected 11-11:30 as our arrival time only to receive an email that said wait until after noon. When speaking to an agent on the phone to ask about the handicap accessible cabin we needed, the very helpful agent said not to bother showing up to the port until after noon to avoid long lines as they now don’t open the “gates” until noon ... first time for us sailing out of Ft Lauderdale so I’m curious to see how it compares to Port Canaveral where we have always been on eating lunch before noon ....

We sail on the Allure tomorrow (1/14) and had selected 11-11:30 as our arrival time only to receive an email that said wait until after noon. When speaking to an agent on the phone to ask about the handicap accessible cabin we needed, the very helpful agent said not to bother showing up to the port until after noon to avoid long lines as they now don’t open the “gates” until noon ... first time for us sailing out of Ft Lauderdale so I’m curious to see how it compares to Port Canaveral where we have always been on eating lunch before noon ....

Another example of agents giving out wrong information.

This summer we were in the WJ enjoying our lunch on the Allure at 11:15am.

Boarding started at 11am, and it moved soooooo quick!!

Ahhhhhhhh its the first day of your cruise, get there before 10:45 to get thru check in and enjoy every moment of your cruise.

Safe travels

The only reason we are probably going to delay and go at noon instead of 10:30 is because MIL has limited mobility and can’t stand around so I’m hoping that the scooter we rented is there by noon in the new kiosk pickup which is outside the terminal. Otherwise I’m anxious to get there early and don’t mind standing around

The only reason we are probably going to delay and go at noon instead of 10:30 is because MIL has limited mobility and can’t stand around so I’m hoping that the scooter we rented is there by noon in the new kiosk pickup which is outside the terminal. Otherwise I’m anxious to get there early and don’t mind standing around

For what it's worth, you don't "stand around" waiting to board. You have chairs. There are rows and rows and rows of chairs to wait in until boarding starts.

We got to port at 10:10. (We were so excited for our first Oasis class cruise, we just had to get there early!) The check-in was VERY fast. By 10:20 (security line was the only thng slowing us down)...we had our Sea Pass cards and were on the escalator up to the waiting area. We were shown to the Gold area, and basically just sat there for about 30 minutes. You don't get to pick you seat...they just shuffle you down to the next available seats. No big deal. Seats were comfortable. People watching was fun. At 11 on the dot, they started boarding and that went REALLY fast. We were on board by 11:10 and enjoying a Hot Dog by 11:30.

I have a piggy back question to this post. What time can people staying in suites get on the ship? I believe a perk is priority boarding, correct?

No set time, but when boarding starts, they will board before those that are not in suites.

I get to the port early. I get on the ship early. It is a simple equation.

I'm paying for day 1 of my cruise. My specialty dining and drink packages commence the second I board the ship- So I'm going to bored the ship as soon as they let me on.

Plus, there is free Wifi in the terminal- at least in terminal #18 there is.