3 questions from a rusty sailor

mef_57

Not having cruised for some time, things have changed...so has my packing methods.

Magica Caribbean itinerary.

Not packing formals or loads of clothing for ball room dancing, I can consider carry on only - like I do for land travel. However, is there a limit to number of carry on to bring onboard? For example, I would have a 22 inch roller bag, an under the seat bag, and perhaps my winter coat.

Second question is whether one can bring a bottle or two of pop on board from each port? Personal size bottles, not the big ones.

Hangers in standard cabin - are they normal household type, or those ones with a ring on the pole that can't be removed and hung elsewhere?

Thanks.

If you can get it onto the airplane, you can get it onto the ship.

The current rules say that for "sanitary" reasons, you're not supposed to bring any food or drink on board, but whether security is actually going to make a fuss over a couple of soda bottles is hard to say.

The hangars in the cabin are the standard hotel type with the ring, but hangars you get back from laundry are the usual wire type.

The hangars in the cabin are the standard hotel type with the ring, but hangars you get back from laundry are the usual wire type.

Ah, thanks. I couldn't remember, but I may want to do some sink laundry over 14 days, so will need to bring something that can hang in the shower.

Rules have become so stringent in the last 10 years, I feel like a real newbie. I used to take sandwiches from breakfast buffet to tide me over on shore snorkels, but I may not be able to do that either. I know not to bring food back on ship, but it might be nice to have a little mixer for some gin - if Costa sells bottles of hard liquor for the room like some lines do. I'll just smile nice or play doddery - whichever works.