OZ Shareholder Benefit OBC request can no longer be emailed as of Jan 18

Emailed my 29th Jan Cruise, Shareholder benefit request on 2nd and 11th Jan. Followed up with phone call to Captains Circle 12th asking if emails had been received. They supposedly sent the Benefits section an email on my behalf, asking what the delay was.

I phoned again this morning to find out what the delay was and was told Princess Australia is no longer accepting requests via email, due to legal reasons. All requests for the benefit must now be faxed or posted in. Checked the number 3 times, tried faxing it numerous times and it would not go through, my local post office tried twice for me and as a last resort sent all details to my Travel Agent who couldn't get through either. Number works fine for the Sydney office staff but does not go through from Melbourne.

A frustrating, time consuming waste of many hours today because Princess has changed the rules and did not have the courtesy to tell me or properly inform all staff of the new rule change that came into effect in Jan 18. Deadline for OBC is 2 weeks prior to sailing, so my Express post will certainly miss that deadline but after speaking to Customer Solutions they have made a note on my booking, as is not my fault and will hopefully be applied later in the week once they get the paper work.

So if you have any cruises coming up, best to post your details through to Princess Cruises, Shareholder Benefits, PO box 1429 Chatswood, 2057 at least a month in advance. The fax number is supposed to be 02 83264550, hope it is fixed soon or it actually works for you.

Seriously? I wonder if it's because with an email the document is attached. Some organizations don't like receiving attachments.

Other than that there is no difference between a document that is scanned and emailed, and a document that is scanned to fax.

Weird!

It was sent to benefits@princesscruises.com.au which was the address for all my last 6 requests. Was told military benefits can still use the email service, go figure grrrrr, lol.

The last time I sent one in I sent it to defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au, but I suspect the two are linked. I have to send ours in sometime soon so I might try it by email first, just in case. I have plenty of time, the cruise isn't until March. I'll keep you posted.

Yes, I am sure the 2 are linked as I used to use that email address ages ago, but was told it was changed. Staff probably got sick of forwarding them, lol. Good luck sending yours through and appreciate you letting us know. My cruise in March will see me post my request in, could not go through the hassles I went through today 😂😂😂

The last time I sent one in I sent it to defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au, but I suspect the two are linked. I have to send ours in sometime soon so I might try it by email first, just in case. I have plenty of time, the cruise isn't until March. I'll keep you posted.

Seriously? I wonder if it's because with an email the document is attached. Some organizations don't like receiving attachments.

Other than that there is no difference between a document that is scanned and emailed, and a document that is scanned to fax.

Weird!

Sounds reasonable about the attachments, many viruses can be brought in via this method. I wonde rif Electronic fax is okay.

Sounds reasonable about the attachments, many viruses can be brought in via this method. I wonde rif Electronic fax is okay.

That is the stupid part of it Mic, this will be stemming from the inane requirement in the US where you guessed it Fax is still king. But the best bit is Princess won't have a fax machine anymore instead it will receive faxes by computer which will convert them to pdf for transmission by email.............

But you can electronically fax it to them from your computer that's ok as long as it comes via archaic technology its fine :)

So jealous, lol. Sent my first request on 2nd Jan which probably got lost in cyber space, and by the 11th wouldnt take it for me by email. No consistensty in what they do and when and it so would help to put the info on the Princess Aussie web site.

I must have got in before the change. I sent my request to defencebenefits@princess.com.au on the 4th of this month and got a reply saying all done etc on the 5th. No mention of any changes to the way to send it .

This for my March cruise to Tassie on Diamond.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately Princess have reverted to the dark ages! :mad:

I just received this email:

"Good morning,

Thank you forcontacting Princess Cruises.

Should youwish to apply for your shareholder benefits, we highly recommend that you sendthe proof of ownership through post or fax to the below address andcontact numbers. Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated noearlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date. We have changed theprocess as documents contain sensitive information.

• Postal address : PO Box 1429 Chatswood NSW 2057
  • Fax : 621 2 8326 4550 (AU) or 64 9 368 9216 (NZ)

If you haveany further concerns, please dial the contact numbers below."

Guess I'll have to post it in. My laptop doesn't appear to have a port for phone connections.

Oh that is such a shame for you 😢😢 but at least they sent you an email with the details, and have plenty of time to snail mail 😢😢😢. The fax number is not exactly the same as what they gave me, grrrrrrrr!! so I am not at all surprised I, PO and TA had so much trouble yesterday, 🤔🤔🤔. Thanks heaps for letting us all know and the supposedly correct fax number.

Unfortunately Princess have reverted to the dark ages! :mad:

I just received this email:

"Good morning,

Thank you forcontacting Princess Cruises.

Should youwish to apply for your shareholder benefits, we highly recommend that you sendthe proof of ownership through post or fax to the below address andcontact numbers. Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated noearlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date. We have changed theprocess as documents contain sensitive information.

• Postal address : PO Box 1429 Chatswood NSW 2057
  • Fax : 621 2 8326 4550 (AU) or 64 9 368 9216 (NZ)

If you haveany further concerns, please dial the contact numbers below."

Guess I'll have to post it in. My laptop doesn't appear to have a port for phone connections.

Such a mess, with the fax number 😭😭😭😭 I tried the 61code many times yesterday and all other combos 02, 2 etc I could think of, to utter failure. Thanks for posting the official details here and on the FB page, good to get the info out to everyone so they have time to snail mail or hope the fax actually works for them😎😎😎

Anyone trying to use the fax number in the email wouldn't have much luck either. It includes an incorrect country code. Australia is 61 not 621.