First Time Cruisers - Cuban Fusion

Hi All,

First time cruisers on April 3rd looking for a bit of info.

We are boarding in Montego Bay but will already be in Jamaica. We would like to arrive early (before flights arrive) to check in then go off into Montego Bay for a mooch around. Need to know if this is possible/advised and what time the check in opens.

Will also be looking for some info re excursions but will leave these for another time.

Hi and thanks for the replies,

We are not on a cruise and stay as have booked our accommodation separately (split with cruise in the middle - downside of wife being a teacher).

I have checked our booking and it just says the latest check in time.

I have never had a brochure as booked in store, may be worth popping in to get one.

Cheers

Friends recently back from Jamaica did not feel safe travelling on their own. It maybe worth booking organised tours there.

I think it may depend where you are as I have heard reports that its ok during the day, maybe a little worrying at night. When we first went in 1993 it was probably a lot worse and we didn't leave the hotel (super inclusive anyway).

Intention is to pop into Ocho Rios daytime when we are at the hotel and. as said, wander around Montego Bay for a bit before the cruise. Will look into it a bit more though.

Saying that I have wandered around in quite a few places when maybe I shouldn't have in the past - question is, I am older nut am I wiser ;););););)