Can I bring a box of wine..like Black Box instead of two bottles?

Heatherco

Just curious if they would allow this? We like to have a glass of wine before dinner, etc. and with all the other stuff we carry on I'm thinking there would be less chance of this breaking than two glass bottles.

Anybody know?

Probably not.

Considering you can bring two 750ml bottles as long as the box isn't over 1500 ml with the box, you should be okay.

1. Logic is not Royal Caribbean's strong suit.

2. Logic is even more not port workers' strong suit.

If they spot it, I would expect them to confiscate it and not listen to any arguments about it being "the same as two bottles".

Bubble wrap !

On a Carnival cruise I had one 1.5 liter bottle of wine and they would not allow me to take it to my stateroom. On the last night they delivered the wine to the stateroom. Since we were flying I gave it to the cabin attendant. :D NCL does allow a 1.5 liter bottle of wine but there is a 30.00 corkage fee.

The normal box wine (Bota or BlackBox) contains 3 liters. That equals 4-750ml bottles of wine. Take it out of the box and lay it flat like a rum runner, and it might work. ;)

I have done this on X several times. It has never been a problem.

Just curious if they would allow this? We like to have a glass of wine before dinner, etc. and with all the other stuff we carry on I'm thinking there would be less chance of this breaking than two glass bottles.

Anybody know?

Best to comply with RCCL rules and your cruise contract. RCCL allows two bottles of 750ml wine per stateroom.

Moderators are not employees of the cruise line.

What has that got to do with anything? Do you appreciate increases in fares and onboard costs because other people share info on how to smuggle booze? I know that I don't.

I don't want your pity. Would just be nice if people had enough respect not to openly discuss how to smuggle prohibited items. What a day and age we live in where someone with a moral compass is offered pity from a stranger. Its okay, I know right from wrong and I'm not going to be shamed into choosing the wrong way to act. If I want a drink I'll buy one, thanks, earned the money.

Can't take glass wine bottles in carry on a flight, and did not want to bother to stop at a wine shop. Tossed two little 500 ml box wines in our suitcase in a gallon zip lock. Worked fine..and is less than the allowed amount of 750 per.

Otherwise we simply put one 750 bottle each in our two carry on bags for "drive to" ports.

Before the two wine bottle allowance, we used to pack a large box of wine every cruise. Never was a problem. Never taken. However, we were careful to keep it out of sight of the cabin steward. I have heard of alcoholic beverages being confiscated by stewards if not the allowed type..

Anybody know?

take the wine bladder out of the box, and put in your luggage, bring two bottles on with carry on, no problem!