Question about Cabin Purchases & Crown/Anchor Points

johnjen

Realizing we rarely purchase more than one cabin, the thought came this morning. We're buying two cabins for this upcoming cruise. Do we get the same tier points for the cruise, or do we get more points for buying two cabins instead of one?

Realizing we rarely purchase more than one cabin, the thought came this morning. We're buying two cabins for this upcoming cruise. Do we get the same tier points for the cruise, or do we get more points for buying two cabins instead of one?

It does not matter who pays for the staterooms, it only matters who cruises.

Ah, I get it.....thanks. All RCL needs to do now is find our DD's crown and anchor status. She is gold so she will get the points credited toward her C&A status, which is good. She cruised with us back in 06. I registered her into C&A and now they can't find her number. I'll look into that more. Thanks again Bob.

Ah, I get it.....thanks. All RCL needs to do now is find our DD's crown and anchor status. She is gold so she will get the points credited toward her C&A status, which is good. She cruised with us back in 06. I registered her into C&A and now they can't find her number. I'll look into that more. Thanks again Bob.

You're welcome. I'd call C&A to get help finding your daughter's number: 800-526-9723.

How old is your daughter? From your cruise history, it looks like YOU may have enough cruises to be Platinum. If you are Platinum and your daughter is under 18, then she would also be Platinum. Children under the age of 18 attain the same status as their parents.

DW and I decided to take DD and grandson with us so we booked two separate cabins. She only went with us on one cruise (Explorer) back in 2006 making her gold status. They simply can't find her in the system now. So, the second cabin has DD and her son. And yes, thanks. We are Platinum.

DW and I decided to take DD and grandson with us so we booked two separate cabins. She only went with us on one cruise (Explorer) back in 2006 making her gold status. They simply can't find her in the system now. So, the second cabin has DD and her son. And yes, thanks. We are Platinum.

Balcony cabins? If you split up with your wife and put one of you in each cabin, both cabins will eligible for the balcony discount. When you get to the pier, you just tell them who is actually staying in each cabin.

Balcony cabins? If you split up with your wife and put one of you in each cabin, both cabins will eligible for the balcony discount. When you get to the pier, you just tell them who is actually staying in each cabin.

They're cracking down on that now. Not saying it can't happen, but it's disappearing

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They're cracking down on that now. Not saying it can't happen, but it's disappearing

Cracking down at check in? I can see how they can crack down on it there but they can't control it once you're on the ship, can they? They always issue an extra card to a stateroom if you ask for one. I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious about when they started. We did it at the pier for our Alaska cruise last June.

Cracking down at check in? I can see how they can crack down on it there but they can't control it once you're on the ship, can they? They always issue an extra card to a stateroom if you ask for one. I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious about when they started. We did it at the pier for our Alaska cruise last June.

They won't book a room that way at Next Cruise.

Wow that is a change. The next cruise agent used to recommend doing that to get thr balcony diacounts.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I guess corporate didn't like it. Probably learned about it from these boards. 😱

How's the weather way out west?

I guess corporate didn't like it. Probably learned about it from these boards. [emoji33]

How's the weather way out west?

More of big cruise line watching us.

If you and Laura are interested there is pretty good pricing on the Oct 21-28 allure sailing. I don't know if you want to do the drive down there again. My family and I will be on that sailing as it coincides with my son's fall break. Got a cl cabin for about $300 more total than our oasis sailings this past oct. Got $200obc, c&a discount (which is amazing with obc) and free grats. Laura can get here fix of mama mia!

Bad part is we are flying all the way to FLL to do only one cruise instead of b2b. Wanted to do the second week but wife was admant that our son could not miss a week of school.

Edited by frank808

More of big cruise line watching us.

If you and Laura are interested there is pretty good pricing on the Oct 21-28 allure sailing. I don't know if you want to do the drive down there again. My family and I will be on that sailing as it coincides with my son's fall break. Got a cl cabin for about $300 more total than our oasis sailings this past oct. Got $200obc, c&a discount (which is amazing with obc) and free grats. Laura can get here fix of mama mia!

Bad part is we are flying all the way to FLL to do only one cruise instead of b2b. Wanted to do the second week but wife was admant that our son could not miss a week of school.

Unfortunately Laura will be on Vision TA from 18th until Halloween. I have to pick her up in Miami. 😱

Unfortunately Laura will be on Vision TA from 18th until Halloween. I have to pick her up in Miami. [emoji33]

Well since you are driving down, might as well work a cruise in. That way the drive down won't be just to pick her up. [emoji847]

Apparently it is now, sorry.

So if I book a balcony for myself and a friend, my wife can’t use her balcony discount to book a balcony with a friend of hers? I guess this is really a mute point because with all the fake sales it hard to use your balcony discount anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So if I book a balcony for myself and a friend, my wife can’t use her balcony discount to book a balcony with a friend of hers? I guess this is really a mute point because with all the fake sales it hard to use your balcony discount anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, they consider it double dipping. I'm not saying it can't be done, but they are looking for it more closely.

All good information including what everyone else said on this....never realized this beforehand mainly because we usually book just one cabin. Much thanks everyone.

We have a March cruise on Allure in a Balcony. Our son may be in the states for training around the same time. We may try and add Pat to the balcony cabin and have Laura book a solo inside. That way she can get the discount single supplement price. It's about $300 less than Patrick's price.