Bottomless Galley Brunch

Has anyone done the Bottomless Galley Brunch event? I'm getting sucked in at the idea of bottomless champagne, but I'm trying to remind myself i have the drink package. :cool:

Is the activity worth it? It's fairly inexpensive, but I don't want to bore the kids on their one sea day. Thanks!

I definitely wouldn't do the Galley Brunch for the champagne, or for the food, really. We enjoyed the tour of the Galley (on the Liberty of the Seas) and the food and drink at the end was nice to have, but nothing all that special (and it felt a bit rushed, to be honest).

Really, the All Access Tour was far more interesting to us (we did that one on the Brilliance of the Seas, FWIW).

We did it on the Radiance and really enjoyed seeing how it’s done behind the scenes.

The meal was very good and the champagne was......... champagne.

I felt it was worth the money, but not because of the food or drink.

Ours also felt a bit rushed just to get us out to the dining room.

Thanks! I really wasn’t doing it for the champagne but I thought it was good grab...until I remembered I have the drink package. Heehee

I’ll take a look at the all access but I think that was a lot more. Hopefully they will add more since were 52 days out. By the Jewel is small so I don’t have much hope.

We did the galley tour last February on the Jewel. I agree with the previous posters. Worth doing to see the behind the scenes view of the galley and food prep. The brunch was good with multiple courses. Our brunch also had unlimited mimosas and bellinis along with the champagne. We were charged $28 pp for my wife and I and our 11 y/o son was gratis. Worth the price but no real need to do it again.

Thanks! I really wasn’t doing it for the champagne but I thought it was good grab...until I remembered I have the drink package. Heehee

I’ll take a look at the all access but I think that was a lot more. Hopefully they will add more since were 52 days out. By the Jewel is small so I don’t have much hope.

I would suggest you wait until you are on one of the big ships to do the "All Access" tours...lot's more to see...probably more expensive but possibly worth it for a one time thing.

We have the deluxe package (and refreshment package for DH) and still went ahead and booked the Bottomless Galley Brunch today for our upcoming cruise. We read about it in a recent review of Liberty and thought it would be something fun to do as a family on a sea day. We tend to watch a lot of cooking shows at home and think this would be interesting!

We were going to book on board, but I decided to go ahead and grab it when I got the email from Royal about the current sale and saw it listed.

We did it several years ago (on Enchantment, we think) and it was wonderful. Very in-depth galley tour, unlimited "champagne" and mimosas, and we could select from a number of food items. Talked our friends into trying it last November on Oasis - what a disappointment! MUCH shorter galley tour, ordered from a menu (how is that bottomless?). The "champagne" and mimosas were flowing, but not worth it to any of us.....

we did sushi making on our sea day, kids loved it (but they love sushi)

How did the sushi making class go? Our 14 year old loves sushi. I'm thinking he and his friend might like it. Does a parent go with them? If someone needs to go with them but doesn't want to make sushi, would that person still have to pay if they are not wanting to participate?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is currently showing as £21 (GBP) for the Bottomless Galley Brunch on Symphony. We have the drink package (it was on a free promotion) so is the tour worth the money?

It would not be worth that to be even without the drink package.

Did it in August on Grandeur.

It was nice. Menu was combination of lunch and breakfast. We did mimosas, and could not keep up with the speed they brought them. Always had 2 or 3 spares on the table.

We ended arriving late, so ate, then had a private tour of the galley. :)

I would probably not do it again, but if you haven't done it, I would consider it.

• 9 months later...
3 minutes ago, starrcards said:

Negotiate with the head waiter.  Our 10 year old son was free on Jewel February 2016.

Thanks! I did try to add the kids online (8 & 10 yrs old) but it was charging me full price instead of the kids rate so I will definitely ask once on board. For now, will just be booking for 2 adults.