Will we be the youngest?

CLOU

My husband and I are 48 and are considering taking the Norwegian fjords cruise next summer. We have taken several Radisson cruises and generally found the passengers to be of mixed ages, skewing only slightly older. We went to a Silversea reception our travel agent hosted and the entire crowd was significantly older than us. Would will be the youngest couple on the boat. Is the crowd generally older?

You will, however, be among the youngest. The majority of cruisers will be older. But there are always (in my experience) couples in their fifties, some in their forties. I travelled on one segment with a honeymooning couple - they were in their early twenties - and I felt sorry for them, except they were on their honeymoon, so really there was no need to feel sorry for them... The next youngest passenger was about twenty years older. One time I travelled with a family who took their unbelievably well-behaved multilingual 11 year old daughter. She had noone to play with, but attended needlepoint class, sat by the pool, and made me feel ashamed when I think of how my children would have complained about the situation. Anyways, I point this out to say that the aforementioned youngsters were surprisingly comfortable. Therefore, you will have NO problem!

We're both 34, and on our first Silversea experience, we were not the youngest, but were definitely among the youngest. The majority were in their 40s and 50s. I think it depends on the itinerary - we were on a Caribbean cruise - I think these may tend to carry younger passengers overall.

I'd guess that most passengers will be in their 60s and up, but there will be some in their 40s and 50s, and possibly a few younger guests. (My wife and I were on one Silversea cruise that must have had at least 15 children and teenagers, probably because it was a Mediterranean cruise during August and some of the officers' families were on board.)

My husband and I are 48 and are considering taking the Norwegian fjords cruise next summer. We have taken several Radisson cruises and generally found the passengers to be of mixed ages, skewing only slightly older. We went to a Silversea reception our travel agent hosted and the entire crowd was significantly older than us. Would will be the youngest couple on the boat. Is the crowd generally older?

Some people at 48 are very very old. Others are very very young. But the Fjords will captivate you.

You'll find people at your age whatever that might be I promise.

We took aSilversea cruise in Febraury to S AMerica. Half the ship were from England and quite old. They were pretty stodgy also but crowd varies from cruise to cruise. We found the problem on that ship is that because the way the ship is laid out, there is really only one public room on each deck so there is no one place people mingle. Really quiet at night but if that doesn't bother you, it was nice. Not as nice as Radisson but nice.

Archived