Budget Rental POM MIA question

luvabargain

I've seen several threads that mention Budget has a shuttle to/from the POM to their port location, but I can't find any info on if they have a shuttle to MIA. Does anyone know? The MIA location is cheaper to rent out of than the port location, and I am wanting to rent a car after we get back to port from the cruise.

Budget shuttles to their downtown location, not MIA. If you get a good deal at the MIA location an Uber will be under $20 from POM.

National, Alamo, Thrifty & Enterprise offer shuttles between POM and their MIA airport location.

Downtown Miami locations are very small and very busy on turnaround days, especially if there are many ships in port. I always rent from a major car company that provides free shuttle service to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. At that location there are plenty of cars available and also the possibility of a free upgrade. Alamo, National, Dollar, Thifty, and Enterprise provide free shuttle service from the Port Of Miami to the Miami Rental Car Center located directly across from Miami International Airport.

Thank you for your responses. It was as I suspected. I had planned on just getting a car rental at the airport and wanted one with a shuttle, not to the port locations. I've looked up reviews of the port area and they're not good - they have a limited amount of cars, plus they come up more expensive with my search. I have booked Enterprise, but will continue to look and see if any better rates come along - you never know. I'm dropping the car off early the next morning at FLL, so that's where it gets a little more tricky in finding the right company.

National, Alamo, Thrifty & Enterprise offer shuttles between POM and their MIA airport location. Or use a $15 per person shared shuttle or Uber/Lyft (about $35+ for the car) to get to FLL and rent from there.