Using Tenders

Cruise Suzy

The last time I used a tender to go ashore and return was 25 years ago - when my knees were much younger and going up/down stairs was not painful. When the ship stops at Basseterre, St. Kitts next spring, lifeboats will be used as tenders. Should I expect any major difficulty? I do use a handrail when (slowly) navigating stairs.

My mom uses a walker and gets on and off tenders. She just takes it slow, particularly on the steps. (There aren't many.) There are railings and poles inside the tender to grab onto and crew are also very helpful for less than mobile folks. Even other passengers who are already sitting down are more than happy to lend a hand (or shoulder) to help others steady themselves.

The last time I used a tender to go ashore and return was 25 years ago - when my knees were much younger and going up/down stairs was not painful. When the ship stops at Basseterre, St. Kitts next spring, lifeboats will be used as tenders. Should I expect any major difficulty? I do use a handrail when (slowly) navigating stairs.

I use a wheelchair much of the time and have no real problems biard8ng the tenders.

I cannot walk up or down stairs and I use a cane ,I also have a walker .The last time I was on a tender was 2013 when I was in a lot better shape than I am now and I had great difficulty .I always heard and read that the crew will be there to assist,well not that day. I will never go on a tender again.