Which Cruise????

teacherman

Is there any difference other than the order that they do things in?

If they’re the same, I personally like to go and put what I want to see most at the end of my trip. Then I would figure out what’s the most exciting thing for me, and go in the direction that puts that last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did Zaandam Valparaiso to Buenos Aires. The Chilean Fjords we found absolutely underwelming. Cruising off the Antarctic Peninsula blew us away. We then had a brilliant day in the Falkland Islands. I was pleased we did it in the order we did.

The onboard speakers/naturalists were excellent.

It is a great trip - if you get good weather - which we did most of the time. I would repeat it.

Antarctica really impressed us. We are now looking forward to an expedition trip to Antarctic at the end of the year!

We are looking at HAL Zandaam for South America and Antarctica. Choices are Santiago to Buenos Aries January 9-31 OR BA to Santiago January 31-February 22. These are for 2020. Advice/information is welcome. Thank you.

Can I gently suggest that you have a look at an expedition cruise which will provide a very different experience, including landings in Antarctica. There will be no landings on a HAL cruise. If you can include the Falkland Islands and South Georgia then even better!

Hurtigruten's Fram offers a good compromise (however you get to Antarctica involves compromises!) on comfort size and cost.

I don't know what your age is but on our expedition trip I was far from the oldest at 70.

Same with me on Fram. There was a senior lady on my cruise who cruised twice in one year - once at the beginning of the season, with her husband, and a return visit with another relative at the end of the year, as she loved Antarctica so much. We landed twice a day, plus my daughter did kayaking. On expedition ships, you receive a lot of assistance because safety is paramount.

• 1 month later...