Boston Whaler rental

myra711

I'm thinking of renting a Boston Whaler for a half day. How much in advance do I have to rent it (going in August)? Or is it too late!?! And what if we need to cancel due to choppier waters than we'd want to go out in?

Finally, is it ok to do if I haven't driven a motor boat before?

Thanks!

We are setting sail next week. I just booked our rental this week. There are several places that do the rentals. The company we are using has a 24 hour cancellation policy for weekday rentals and 48 hours for weekend rentals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I have rented from Somerset Watersports before, and you can probably even rent when on the island, but I would recommend getting it in advance. They go over everything with you and make sure you are confortable with the operation of the boat. It is pretty easy, if you can drive a car you will not have any trouble at all. They also give you a cell phone in case you run into trouble. Have a great time!

I'm thinking of renting a Boston Whaler for a half day. How much in advance do I have to rent it (going in August)? Or is it too late!?! And what if we need to cancel due to choppier waters than we'd want to go out in?

Finally, is it ok to do if I haven't driven a motor boat before?

Thanks!

If you wait they could be booked up but really who can say for sure. Depends how many read this forum and find out that renting Boston Whalers has been enjoyed by everyone who posts here who has rented them. [emoji3] If the water is very rough they will cancel, I know that because someone reported that they went out to H2O and were disappointed that their rental was canceled because of rough seas. Of course it is possible that their opinion of what is too choppy and your opinion may not be the same. They will show you how to operate the boat. It is not difficult.