Oosterdam December 17 no early check in possible

pralientje

On December 17, 2017 the whole crew of the Oosterdam has to participate in an excercise with the American Coast Guard.

The earliest check in will start at 13.00 hrs for passengers on Deck 7 and Deck 8 (Rotterdam and Navigation)

At 13.45 hrs check in for passengers on Deck 4 and Deck 10 (upper promenade and observation) will start.

At 14.30 hrs check in for passengers on Deck 5 (verandah) will start and finally at 15.15 hrs check in for passengers on Deck 6 land Deck 1 will start ( Upper Verandh and Main.

Seemingly there are not that many seats available in the terminal and I was kindly requested to stick to the mentioned time. Little bit difficult at the moment, since I have no cabin number and/or deck yet. So no lunch on the ship as well.

The mail was in Dutch, otherwise I would have pasted it.

Indeed, I am Dutch. I will fly to Miami on November 15, to join the Oosterdam in Fort Lauderdale on November 17. It is a Panama Canal cruise to San Diego. I will stay on board for the cruise to Hawaii and back to San Diego. I will then join the Amsterdam for the cruise back to Fort Lauderdale and will stay on for the first two segments of the world cruise. I am waitlisted for the segment from Singapore to Cape Town. In a short period of time going through the Panama canal three times :D Really looking forward to it After that I have decided to stay in Europe. I just don't want to fly any more. No fun at all.

I am a bit confused, We are on Circle of Hawaii from Dec.2-20. Does the original poster mean November 17th? On December 17th, the Oosterdam will be at sea.

YES...I think based on his other post he meant November 17th, not December 17th!!! :eek: LuAnn

What I am wondering is what happens if you get to the pier earlier than your assigned time? Our stateroom is on the 6th floor, which means our official check in time is 3:15. Will they make us wait or will we be able to board?

Here is a cut and paste from the same email we received in English (we are on the same cruise); however, we are getting off in San Diego:

"Please be advised that ms Oosterdam is scheduled to undergo a routine US Coast Guard Drill requiring participation from all crew members, which must be completed before our guests can embark the ship. Consequently, we are unable to provide early embarkation for this sailing from Fort Lauderdale. Instead, check-in will begin at 1:00pm and embarkation will begin shortly thereafter.

In order to enhance the check-in and boarding experience for all guests, please arrive at the check-in time indicated on the progressive boarding schedule below as there is limited seating and facilities at the terminal. We regret any inconvenience this may cause; we appreciate your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you aboard.

1:00pm - Deck 7 & Deck 8 (Rotterdam & Navigation)

1:45pm - Deck 4 & Deck 10 (Upper Promenade & Observation)

2:30pm - Deck 5 (Verandah)

3:15pm - Deck 6 & Deck 1 (Upper Verandah & Main)"

Edited by kokopelli-az
clarification

A friend is on this cruise. No letter/email but the boarding pass says embarkation is at 1pm. I let her know about the crew drill.

She might call Holland or her travel agent and check. But since her original boarding is at 1:00 already, she might still be at 1:00. It might be the passengers who have earlier boarding times who were bumped into later boarding times.