Full face snorkel mask (THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT)

BillOh

One of our instructors purchased one because so many students has asked. He gave it a thumbs down. When you looked down, the snorkel went underwater.

Hope it works out for you all. It really seems like a great idea.

There are many different types. Ours are Head. Triboard is also a good brand. I don't think I'd dive too deep with it, but I've submerged over 15 feet with mine & still had a dry face

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have asthma and aren't supposed to snorkel, according to cruise ship excursions. I've never had any trouble before though, and have been doing it for years.

I read on a review for one kind that these make you work harder to breathe, but this person mentioned going under the water while using it. I rarely go under, and if so, not deep.

Those of you that have used them, do you find it harder to breathe with them? Thanks in advance.

While in Bonaire last year my wife used the full mask that was supplied. She was actually able to really snorkel and enjoy it for the first time. We then bought them for ourselves this past Christmas. We bought the Triborg model. My wife once again loved it. I did not, found it hard to breath, not sure why although i had read a few reviews where some folks found it harder to breath. I used mine for maybe 15 minutes and had to go back to the boat, take it off and use one of their traditional snorkel masks. Once we got back to port i went to a dive shop and bought a traditional snorkel and mask. I'm one of the few who did not like it but again my wife lovers hers! FYI, I do have a goatee and mustache and can say that was not an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I read that there is a new version of the Tribord mask for 2017. How do you know that you are purchasing the newest version? Is there a big difference? Also how do you know that you are purchasing an authentic Tribord and not a knock-off?

I read that there is a new version of the Tribord mask for 2017. How do you know that you are purchasing the newest version? Is there a big difference? Also how do you know that you are purchasing an authentic Tribord and not a knock-off?

It appears that the new version has a GoPro camera mount and the old version doesn't. They are on Amazon and labeled as "New Version 2017" for about $60.

...and thanks for mentioning the new version, I was looking for one with a GoPro mount and since my wife already has a Tribord which works very well I would prefer to stick with that brand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...