Live Muse Inaugural Voyage Ft Lauderdale to Valparasio-13 October to 31 October 2017

spinnaker2

Here are some more visuals from Spins as she continues down the Pacific Coast of South America.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 188,889 views for this posting.

Here are three more visuals from Spins/Candy. Hopefully with more cooperation from PhotoBucket, I will be able to share more samples of this fun and these exciting sights.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

July%202017A%201615_zpsm1txxipg.jpg

July%202017A%201616_zpsjun4nril.jpg

July%202017A%201618_zpsaqsuas7x.jpg

fb078f8dde1ef379aebb2fc837a70e9e.jpg

Green flash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Today on the pool deck, grilled pompano, stir fry of fresh seafood, black corn, white corn salad, empanadas, enchiladas, etc.

All good.

Heaters installed early in cruise are helpful by pool deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

49d43b0eb595d4c89e9a118d88d1b198.jpg4ef80a5ca333c2c869ebc7147dbe54ae.jpg347fbd69dd1e3f2f7221dce6b7c5350b.jpg

Today on the pool deck, grilled pompano, stir fry of fresh seafood, black corn, white corn salad, empanadas, enchiladas, etc. All good. Heaters installed early in cruise are helpful by pool deck.

Have been able to clear out some of my cache and cookies "situations", thus solving some of the challenges for loading onto Photobucket. Things are now working much better and smoother. More pictures below and added one to be shared soon.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 220,429 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here are five more visuals from Spins/Candy of the port boats, coastal views and many different birds from her sailing down the western coast of South America.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

July%202017A%201641_zpstsoo4fzy.jpg

July%202017A%201640_zpsu1eehrtj.jpg

July%202017A%201643_zpsucme9k7r.jpg

July%202017A%201644_zpsccysjpsd.jpg

July%202017A%201642_zpsoicidn72.jpg

Today on the pool deck, grilled pompano, stir fry of fresh seafood, black corn, white corn salad, empanadas, enchiladas, etc.

All good.

Heaters installed early in cruise are helpful by pool deck.

4b16280269c9f4d303f3f02330a2e17d.jpg

Moche temple at el brujo

These figures depict dancing

Others depict more brutal scenes

4b16280269c9f4d303f3f02330a2e17d.jpg

Moche temple at el brujo

These figures depict dancing

Others depict more brutal scenes

2006a85e2f22800c0031f7f0da236e79.jpg

Underneath all of that sand mound is a huaca, or sacred temple yet to be excavated. There are thousands yet to be excavated. Peruvian government is strict about money to be raised in order to complete the task, yet hundreds of small graves are looted each day in other areas by grave robbers who desecrate the graves for profit.

2006a85e2f22800c0031f7f0da236e79.jpg

Underneath all of that sand mound is a huaca, or sacred temple yet to be excavated. There are thousands yet to be excavated. Peruvian government is strict about money to be raised in order to complete the task, yet hundreds of small graves are looted each day in other areas by grave robbers who desecrate the graves for profit.

9575dba8cf240fa4c934ca45b3ba75b2.jpg

This is a small bottle, so clearly an owl.

From the museum in

Lima.40023f6bfb386d1f99a46be7fa60ac7c.jpg

The expression of this man is priceless.

These bottles are all thousand of years pre inca.

Cultures of Peru artistically rich.

9575dba8cf240fa4c934ca45b3ba75b2.jpg

This is a small bottle, so clearly an owl.

From the museum in

Lima.40023f6bfb386d1f99a46be7fa60ac7c.jpg

The expression of this man is priceless.

These bottles are all thousand of years pre inca.

Cultures of Peru artistically rich.

94d28a9f2d97a9b9f47ef02d2f55e108.jpgv30c44b5222f053895adb23fcb0e44a35.jpg

Sunset in the desert

The desert meets the sea

Very rough last night in transit to coquimba.

Today a visit to some valley which was supposed to be great, according to the write up. Instead it was a place where Chilean pisco was made.

And an opportunity to sell their wares.

A waste of dinero sadly. DH complaining about bad bus tours.

iPad froze today. I let battery drain and it unfroze.

Now on our way to Valpo.

Seas are bigly.

We are packed and ready to go.

A nice cruise.

I will post a review once back.

Thanks all.

Hi Spins, lovely to hear all your news .....

If you have your ipad freeze again, no need to wait until the battery drains - do a forced restart. Hold down the home key as well as the power switch ie both at the same time, until you see the Apple logo on black background, then let both go. It will then reset, clear the fault, and shut down. You then simply switch it back on again. This is also good to do regularly if it feels sluggish and running slow. It will take from ten to twenty seconds in all.

Enjoy the pisco ....... :)

Crikey, time has flown! Glad you (mostly) had a good time and ship seemed to live up to expectations. Certainly interested when you get a mo to comment on the post reservation changes and its effect. As you are probably aware, of the big restaurants, my fav was Indochine, but I was definitely in the minority as it seemed near empty most nights I looked. With the changes made (small number of extra tables in Atlantide, changes to Indochine menus and of course open seating), interested in your views on how it all worked.

Assuming Atlantide was still the most popular (it seemed to be on most cruises Ive seen reports for), did making it open seating solve the problem of getting a table there? If unsuccessful and moved on to Indochine, were guests able to order from both menus or just Asian food? Anyway, certainly look forward to your thoughts on the ship and it's positives and negatives.... and of course a selection of that whacky artwork!

Safe travels home. We also have had rough seas. On our way to Ariquepos (Matarani) tomorrow. Loving our journey on Explorer so far.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

a43ea0a2450531b1949ca0744543c2f8.jpg51ea344a3ce22e717fe7f6a858c63489.jpg

JP hope you get to Pachacamac, amazing excavations of the site, southwest of Lima. Huge and complex architecture being unearthed, first occupation in 200 AD. The stone walls here still retain their colors, they were painted at the time and the sand has preserved the colors.

a43ea0a2450531b1949ca0744543c2f8.jpg51ea344a3ce22e717fe7f6a858c63489.jpg

JP hope you get to Pachacamac, amazing excavations of the site, southwest of Lima. Huge and complex architecture being unearthed, first occupation in 200 AD. The stone walls here still retain their colors, they were painted at the time and the sand has preserved the colors.

e0639b67c0dce496d721c22b79c58ce7.jpg

This enormous building is The Acllahuasi, the house of the chosen women. It was built at Pachacamac by the Inca. This is original and completely intact!

A thin veneer of stucco has been applied over the walls in order to preserve it but you can see the fantastic architecture, the shape of the doors, traditional Inca style.

e0639b67c0dce496d721c22b79c58ce7.jpg

This enormous building is The Acllahuasi, the house of the chosen women. It was built at Pachacamac by the Inca. This is original and completely intact!

A thin veneer of stucco has been applied over the walls in order to preserve it but you can see the fantastic architecture, the shape of the doors, traditional Inca style.

1d9af39453f2448d18f83a545e1de0b4.jpg9aeabe12aadfa81e33f4e9839e7e3cfa.jpg

Had to share this!

The little explorer ahead of us in the Panama Canal.

We were supposed to be ahead of them but due to our delayed departure, they took our slot.

Love the Explorer.