When you buy plane tickets?

Mountaineer0313

I just noticed you are Seattle -I've been looking for air to anchorage, which really drives up the price.

Before booking our Seattle cruise, we had looked at doing the southbound cruise but the flight costs were higher than we were comfortable with, so I can understand that. What cruise line are you on?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

A factor to consider, above "seats" were mentioned. Be aware, that seats on websites mean - nothing. This is NO indication of loads. So I'd suggest not relying on that for information.

With cruise booked air, be certain to understand- fully all the potential risks there are with this type of ticket. Especially if days aren't added to the cruise. More risks with flying in day of cruise.

Just booked our June 2018 flights this weekend for the three of us. RDU-ANC on Alaska (one on Alaska MileagePlan points, one cash ticket, one w/ a companion fare code I got w/ the Alaska Airlines CC), SEA-RDU on Southwest (using SWRR points for all three tickets). Hoping the cash ticket on Alaska will go down in price so I can apply for a credit (it was $385 one way!).

• 2 weeks later...

ugh i just paid $860 each for five of us from Baltimore to /anchorage and then from Vancouver to Baltimore but i had to do it piece-meal with Delta, Air Alaska and Southwest. I was tired of waiting for prices to get better and they keep going up!

ugh i just paid $860 each for five of us from Baltimore to /anchorage and then from Vancouver to Baltimore but i had to do it piece-meal with Delta, Air Alaska and Southwest. I was tired of waiting for prices to get better and they keep going up!

Did you use the 'multi city' feature on http://matrix.itasoftware.com?

It comes up (August 18) with $767 round trip, bwi>anc, yvr>bwi. One stop each way...no shuttle necessary from Vancouver to Seattle. (American Airlines)

Currently major airlines open booking 11 months prior to takeoff, depends on the demand how early booking is recommended.

One example here in MTY one have only one flight non stop to MIA now for my Eclipse sailing more than 3 months the flight its sold out. other options available with 1 stop and more expensive.

I ended up paying $765 each for Pittsburgh to Vancouver and then Anchorage to Pittsburgh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know if this will offer a little perspective....we did a similar routing in 2007. CVG>ATL>YVR, ANC>ATL>CVG and paid in the neighborhood of $550.00. Allowing for various price increases and inflation...your rate sounds about right.

I don't know if this will offer a little perspective....we did a similar routing in 2007. CVG>ATL>YVR, ANC>ATL>CVG and paid in the neighborhood of $550.00. Allowing for various price increases and inflation...your rate sounds about right.

I figured. I actually didn’t get the cheapest fair either, I searched by duration. I got the shortest amount of time in the air/airports, as I was not willing to spend 13 hours traveling just to save a little money. Travel time there is 7 hours and Home is 8 hours, 38 minutes. I was happy with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree prices are going up fast from east coast! I am watching them for a couple of friends who may want to join us on our cruise and the multi city airfare to Anchorage and home from Vancouver is now up to $900+ and that's bad flight times, multiple connections, multiple airlines.

I can NOT believe that I am going to say this - but I got a very nice deal from Frontier Air Lines for Non-stop from Denver to Seattle (August 18) and return. I only say this because I SWORE I would never fly Frontier again - but what the hell, right? It was too good a deal to pass up. And I can put up with most anything for a 2 hour flight. $600 for two people roundtrip with "select seating" (in other words, decent seats) and one carry on and one checked bag per person.

I agree prices are going up fast from east coast! I am watching them for a couple of friends who may want to join us on our cruise and the multi city airfare to Anchorage and home from Vancouver is now up to $900+ and that's bad flight times, multiple connections, multiple airlines.

I should have booked our East Coast to SEA back in June 2017 when I booked our cruise for May 2018. My airfare watch apps all said to wait, but after seeing it constantly go up since early November, we booked this week and I'm glad...because it just went up again! Although in comparison to what most of you are saying, our rate is right on par with everyone else. We went with a nonstop, it was cheaper if not the same price for some of the 1 stop flights.

I booked our fares, roundtrip to Seattle, on Southwest as soon as the window opened. Even with the early check in cost, they were half the cost of fares on United and the other airlines, plus I would have to add baggage on the other airlines. At least with Southwest, if there is a sale and the price drops, I can cancel and rebook.

I booked our fares, roundtrip to Seattle, on Southwest as soon as the window opened. Even with the early check in cost, they were half the cost of fares on United and the other airlines, plus I would have to add baggage on the other airlines. At least with Southwest, if there is a sale and the price drops, I can cancel and rebook.

Check your SW prices. I saw this weekend that our June 2018 SEA-RDU flight dropped by $20 (1,474 points) each for 3 tickets, so I was able to re-book. Since we used points, the excess points went back into my account.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to Alaska in June, 2018. We are booked on Princess, and looked at their flight options. For the two of us RT from New Orleans, they wanted about $1100-1200. We waited until Southwest opened up, and glad we did. Got RT for both of us at right under $600. Now the same tickets on SW are $920. Right time right place.