2004 SUMMITEERS - The Sequel

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:34 PM.
Florida
3,504 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
My daughter has been doing Thanksgiving for the past few years. It's been so nice not to have to cook etc. Just play with the grand kids and catch up with our son.

Zoey and MaKenzie love to play together so that keeps them busy all day.

Stacy will be doing Thanksgiving. We are keeping it simple. She has been on a dairy and wheat free diet for a little while and loves it. Being that Malia has allergies to those things she has found all the good tasting dairy/wheat free items.

All we have to bring is an apple pie. We might be able to find one that has no eggs or nuts.

Poor MaKenzie fell on her face yesterday and pushed her front tooth backwards. Dentist says she may lose the tooth, but it's a baby tooth, so hopefully it doesn't damage the permanent tooth. Never a dull moment in that house...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
Florida
3,504 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
TOP OF THE PAGE..............Got ya Becki...

Forgot to tell you about one of the funny comments from people on the ship. We got on an elevator and it was Monday. There was a girl and guy in their 20's I think. The guy looks at the day of the week plaque on the floor and says.."oh look this elevators name is Monday" the girl says "no that's the day of the week"...he says "no because the other elevator was named Sunday" I hope he was kidding.

We laughed about that all week....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
NW Ohio
8,391 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Jill,

Yes, you stole that page turn from me. But don't get used to It!

That's great that Stacy is on the dairy and wheat-free diet. Besides the benefit to her, now it is easier for her to find things for Malia too. And, when I was shopping to find things for dinner for our friends that had food allergies, I found that there are so many more choices than there used to be, and not just in the specialty stores either, but in the regular groceries.

I am off to the store today to get my turkey. My big turkey, better known as Garrett, is going with me.

That is so funny about the elevators. Yeah, hard to know if the poor guy figured it out or not.

Becki
USA
1,417 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Becki, what is your recipe? might as well compare notes.

Mine is: finely chopped onion and celery saute in butter, 1 lb hamburger and 1 lb sausage cooked then chopped fine. The loaf stuffing bread pulled apart in tiny pieces. mix everything together add some milk to make it stick and some poultry seasoning.

No I was not asked to bring anything to my granddaughters yet. Think I will make an apple pie and bring that anyway.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
NW Ohio
8,391 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Grace, yours is remarkably similar to mine. Yes, saute the celery and onion in butter until soft. Rinse the skillet with milk and pour over the torn up bread in a casserole dish. Crack 2 eggs over the bread & add a jar of mushrooms with the liquid. Add salt & pepper to taste and mix until well combined. Stuff turkey with some and put remaining in casserole to bake.

So, the difference I see is you use meat in yours, which would be yummy. My mom used to make one dish of stuffing with oysters, but I don't do that. I developed an allergy to clams and mussels in the past 20 yrs. Don't know about oysters, and not sure it's worth finding out. I do a small dish w/out mushrooms as Garrett isn't keen on them.

I got my turkey today; a 15 1/2 pounder. There will be 5 of us and the recommended quantity is 1 1/2 lbs to 2 lbs per person. I got extra to allow for leftovers. I know my girlfriend will take some home. She just recently lost her job.

Becki
USA
1,417 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by rjscott
Grace, yours is remarkably similar to mine. Yes, saute the celery and onion in butter until soft. Rinse the skillet with milk and pour over the torn up bread in a casserole dish. Crack 2 eggs over the bread & add a jar of mushrooms with the liquid. Add salt & pepper to taste and mix until well combined. Stuff turkey with some and put remaining in casserole to bake.

So, the difference I see is you use meat in yours, which would be yummy. My mom used to make one dish of stuffing with oysters, but I don't do that. I developed an allergy to clams and mussels in the past 20 yrs. Don't know about oysters, and not sure it's worth finding out. I do a small dish w/out mushrooms as Garrett isn't keen on them.

I got my turkey today; a 15 1/2 pounder. There will be 5 of us and the recommended quantity is 1 1/2 lbs to 2 lbs per person. I got extra to allow for leftovers. I know my girlfriend will take some home. She just recently lost her job.

Becki
OMG, Becki, small world indeed, as my mother used the oysters in the neck of the turkey stuffing only for my dad. I never did that. I am not a clam, oyster, mussel person, more of a shrimp, crab, lobster kind of gal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
NW Ohio
8,391 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Grace,

We always put stuffing under the neck skin as well. So funny, because so many people have never heard of doing that!
Well, after we discovered my allergies to clams and mussels, I was so grateful it didn't extend to all shellfish. I sure would miss my scallops, shrimp and lobster!

Jill,

I know you will enjoy your four days off, but I can't believe you aren't done with your Christmas shopping! Aren't you usually done by July 4th?

Becki
USA
1,417 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Jill, you sure you want to shop those 4 days. In Jersey it is a nightmare. Heck they are starting on Thanksgiving this year.
Me, I am a cyber Monday shopper. Of course this year it is starting with cyber Friday I think.. omg, you have to love retail.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
Florida
3,504 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Actually I am done with Christmas shopping. I like to get it done before all the snowbirds get down here and you can't go anywhere.

We just mailed our packages to go up North and now I just have to work on the Christmas games for the kids.

Just looking forward to having 4 days off...............
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill