Willdra's Dramatic Carnival Dream October 15-22 Cruise

willdra

Oh Thank Goodness!! I saw your comments on a couple of other threads and saw that you had just finished a cruise and I had my fingers crossed for another one of your fantastic reviews. I so wanted to ask you if you would be doing a review....but didn't want to seem pushy...yea...okay.

So looking forward to this! And belated Birthday wishes!!

LOL [emoji23] Thank you so much for hanging out with me!! I see pushiness for my reviews as a compliment, so please push, shove, catapult, and hurl me when I’m silent [emoji850]too long! I’m probably just procrastinating! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for including the menus. We are trying to decide a night to make reservations at the steakhouse, for our upcoming cruise, so this will be helpful.

Thanks for letting me know, I was wondering if it was helpful to anyone. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I honestly don’t know why anyone hasn't made laziness a high paying occupation. If they do, please let a sister know!

Well Virginia, there is a Santa... that occupation does exist, and is a high paying job. Its called politics. And politicians make lots of mistakes money being lazy.

Thought you would like to know.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair

• Haha 1

Monday morning found me sleeping like Rip Van Winkle. I only woke up because W was up trying to close the curtain, which caused the light to keep flashing in my eyes. I tried to go back asleep, but yet again sleep lost the battle to food. Sleep needs to work harder and get its life together!

It was still pretty early for us, but we took one for team carbs. After several wardrobe changes (I couldn't find the right outfit to do absolutely nothing in) we left the cabin.Our destination was Sea Day Brunch. Of course.

Outside of the dining room, there were two lines formed. W jumped in one and I was in the other. At first they were moving at around the same pace. Pretty soon though the left line (the one that W got out of to stand by me) started moving faster. Much faster. As we crept closer we found out why. There was a couple at the front of our line holding everyone up because they were waiting for other people who were not there yet. Seriously? We all have to wait for someone who is possibly still in their cabin, getting a massage, participating in the hairy chest contest, or playing backgammon??? Everyone in our line started giving her the full on evil eye and stank face, then another lady turned to the back of the line and said "we are waiting for the rest of their party". This prompted the offending couple to relent and declare "we don't want to hold anyone up, we will work it out later". Ya think????? I can only conclude from this assault on my patience, that standing there those few extra minutes helped me lose an ounce or so of fat so that I would look stunning in my first elegant evening dress. Yeah that's it!

The dining staff at the front desk truly were very nice. Probably too nice, but since W and I are graduates of the “minding your own business advanced accelerated online pdf course”, we kept our pie holes shut. After a while we were finally assigned a table in the back of the dining room. The hostess showing us to our table took the absolute longest most zigzagging route to get there. I almost got lost twice just walking back there. W was smart though. He walked around the outside path because he’s not about that extra walking life. I made a mental note to be more like W. First time for everything.

Me after coffee

37636859220_a6ca2d4b86_z.jpg

W after coffee

24041917948_d60541de18_z.jpg

Brunch Menu

37893819761_faeccb560d_z.jpg

24041917358_10914756fe_z.jpg

Luscious Lemon Cake

37863415052_f1d880bbeb_z.jpg

Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Bacon, and Cheddar Grits

37846044806_8efd2ab035_z.jpg

• Like 1

Steak and Eggs

24042097838_66663c12a7_z.jpg

Blue Moon and Blue Margarita

37863399302_2da275f254_z.jpg

W and I sat and talked for so long at brunch, we had to force ourselves to get up and leave. We truly loved our time together. One of the things that we talked about was how this cruise felt different. For example, there were more mature adults on this cruise, which necessitated the use of more forms of "wheeled transportation". There was absolutely nothing wrong with that, it was just noticeable, and may prove to be interesting later. Actually it was working in our favor though, because so far it has not felt crowded anywhere.

At the conclusion of brunch, we decided to walk through Promenade to see if we could find any of the fam. When that produced nothing we went up to Serenity. We could always just clutch a lounge chair up there and wait for others to wander thru. Serenity was relatively vacant, and as soon as we stepped out we saw why. It was really dark, cloudy, and moist. The sky looked unhappy again. Who keeps ticking the sky off?? Please stop! It was sprinkling some and there were many heavy clouds hanging. It was sorta hard to tell if it would be ending soon, so we went back to 2365 to chill on the balcony.

24055771158_84ba72e7fc_z.jpg

That lasted all of about 5 minutes before I got bored and wanted to go out to see and be seen. W was so happy to hear that, because he likes being outside of the cabin during the day. We also kinda needed to find the people that we were sailing with. It was hard at first to remember that W and I weren't alone on this sailing. Thank goodness we were with family otherwise they would've thought we brought them all of the way here to ignore. We walked around and didn't see anyone we knew. We went to the photo gallery to look at our dinner pictures from the night before, and we surprisingly liked them, but I didn't get them because W said wait. Hmmmm

In the shops, I bought a cute cover up for $10. I would've bought more, but it was a mob scene in there. People were going crazy for cover ups! #comebacklater. Our search party was a miserable failure, because we shopped more than searched, so we went back to 2365. Again. I concluded that these people that we are cruising with must be the hide and go seek champions of their neighborhood! They are extremely difficult to find.

After exhausting every other option, I finally resorted to the ancient archaic technique of using the phone to call A and Z, and what do you know, they were in their cabin. Z answered and I could hear A in the background saying “Where have they been? I sent her a bunch of messages but she didn't answer”. At first I was not mad about not answering her, because she does that to me all the time, but then I realized that I got zero messages from her. I checked the Carnival Hub App on my phone, saw nothing, then I checked my iPad. Voila! All of the messages were there. We figured that my messages will not load to both devices that I sign in to. My messages would only load to one or the other device. Going forward I'll check both devices.

We solved the mystery of the missing messages, then we saw that Harry Potter trivia was about to start in the Encore Theater. We planned to change and meet up there. I can't tell you how bad I scored on the trivia. It was an embarrassment unlike any other. My assignment to Ravenclaw is now in jeopardy! Bingo was next up in the theater, and that was a big fat nope for us. I will never be that bored. We agreed to meet up at Tea Time for a spot of tea at 3. Fancy!

• Like 1

This was our first experience with tea time and we really liked it. W even drank tea, which he never does. He hates it and won't go near it at home, like it's poison. I was so proud of him for trying new things! It was fun to sit sipping tea, and speaking proper English with our pinkies up to the moon. I felt like an aristocrat for 15 whole minutes. I wondered why no one brought us crowns and tiaras out tho. That would've completed the occasion. I will have to suggest it on the feedback email.

Chocolate Cake

24042087698_297df8c03d_z.jpg

A and Z at tea

37863375112_c8252f2387_z.jpg

Peach Crumble (maybe)

37863370332_ceb68cb1fa_z.jpg

W and I

37863363812_015b844830_z.jpg

After tea time we went to Ocean Plaza so that W and Z could play a card game and A and I would read. Well reading didn't happen because we ran into BIL and SIL on the way, and they came with us. We sat around talking then we played General Trivia which was entertaining. We collaborated on that one so we did a lot better together. We weren't big winners but we shared a lot of laughter discussing the questions and answers.

24042059768_57a1c7e8f0_z.jpg

While we were in the plaza, the Taste Bar opened at 5:30. The restaurant featured from this night was Bonsai Sushi. The sushi was good, but the cream dessert thingy not so much. It had a weird gelatin on top that tasted as good as a sinus infection. Next time I'll pass.

37184428974_850b9697c3_z.jpg

We sat and talked in Ocean Plaza for a few hours then soon it was time for dinner. A said that she needed at least an hour to get ready. What? Why? I only need around 30 minutes, so I must be doing life wrong. I mean what could you possibly be doing for over an hour? What will W be doing while I'm in there? Are there snacks involved? Cocktails? Can I take breaks? Again I have many more unanswered questions.

On the first night we had to wait maybe 5 or 6 minutes for them to open the doors for dinner, so we vowed to go right on time tonight. I didn't have to rush because I had tons of time for a change. W started awhile after me, and he still beat me getting ready. If I wasn't so terrific as is, I would wish I was a man. Men know how to keep it moving!

• Like 1

We arrived at dinner just as they were opening the doors. Perfect! BIL and SIL came in after us and they decided they wanted to sit in different seats, so they sat to our right. Everyone else filed in and of course we started our nightly routine of telling funny stories and snapping pictures of each other. W and I liked the fact that we had so many people to talk to this time. It was a nice change.

Me

37863345832_6bc01094c0_z.jpg

W and I

24042219398_807ddd6d96_z.jpg

My "mini me" and Z

37637223070_2e28fa8e5f_z.jpg

BIL and SIL

37637219050_2fe9d84855_z.jpg

AC and L

37894134321_f167f98e59_z.jpg

Menu

37893931961_a6b0f4ddc6_z.jpg

The only negative of the night was when BIL thought it was funny to keep teasing me by telling me that I’m his prettiest SIL. It's funny to him because I'm his only SIL. To get him to stop, I told him that I was going to use the Voo Doo Doll that I bought in Nola to put a curse on him. His eyes got all big and he said "you know coming from anyone else, I wouldn't care but coming from you, I'm kinda scared, and I just peed my pants a little". Great! My work here is done. Just between us, I didn't really buy a Voo Doo Doll in Nola, because I’m scared of them myself (with my luck I would get a reverse one and end up cursing myself with a pinkie toe growing out of my forehead), but he didn't know that, and please don’t tell him! Shhhhhhh

• Like 1

For dinner I had Shrimp Cocktail, Lobster, and Malted Chocolate Hazelnut Cake for dessert. Sometime while we were eating, our waiter Surin, came by and whispered to me that they had a small cake to bring out for W's Birthday, so we shouldn't leave. I nod ok and continue on with devouring my delicious dinner. After dessert, “Showtime” started and we danced to "Celebration". Right afterwards we wanted to catch the Motown sing a long in the Lobby, so we got up to leave. Surin ran over and reminded me to wait, because I’d forgotten what he said about the cake just that fast. I had one job y’all! As soon as we sat back down they brought out a little cake and sang Happy Birthday. W hates being the center of attention, so he sat there with a half smile-half grimace like he was in pure agony and peril. It reminded me of what it would look like if Frankenstein tried to smile. Conflicted between being scary and happy. Frightening!

Shrimp Cocktail

24042214088_3f791630f9_z.jpg

Fried Oysters

24042211038_585f4624a3_z.jpg

Lobster

37894121311_e6800d74fe_z.jpg

Malted Chocolate Hazelnut Cake

37637179250_3fc6009a8d_z.jpg

Dessert Menu

37184301654_47933c6f8b_z.jpg

W and "The Conflicting Cake"

24041923818_29db3c33c0_z.jpg