Big unveiling tomorrow???

Harborgirl246

Well, the „big news“ did not exactly knock us off our feet...

Galapagos is on our list for 2019. However, as much as we love Celebrity, we are planning to book with another company - sometimes half the price incl. flights.

Since the experience on a tiny Galapagos ship is so much different from a regular Celebrity cruise ship anyway, we will also not have the feeling of missing Celebrity... which was our only “worry”. Looking at the price tag also helped :)

What would they be changing/adding/deleting from current ships. There is always new stuff/features they can add. Look at the hype for Edge over S class.

Another thread is indicating all suites as cabin type and cost is appropriate. Will have to check it out.

Lowest price for a OV - no balcony - $657/pp per day.... I have to put my glasses on to make sure I am not seeing extra numbers..:eek:

Lowest price for a OV - no balcony - $657/pp per day.... I have to put my glasses on to make sure I am not seeing extra numbers..:eek:

Had not checked into pricing, but whoa!

Think I will move on. I would hope they keep the older ships too to allow some not wanting/needing/affording suites to sail. Guess there are alternative companies too.

These cruises are all designed for bucket-list checkers with little or no interest in the destination. You are off the ship virtually all day every day. These prices should be priced at the $$$$ PER HOUR that you will spend in your suite.

No way worth anywhere near the money, but hey, have at it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Yes, I already posted this yesterday:

Not sure what Evolution to Revolution has to do with Black Friday Sales. It sounds more like a new ship or more reveal on The Edge Class ship being built.

Either way, whatever it is will probably not live up to "the hype."

I found the announcement a pleasant surprise. It was worth reading about to me.

These cruises are all designed for bucket-list checkers with little or no interest in the destination. You are off the ship virtually all day every day. These prices should be priced at the $$$$ PER HOUR that you will spend in your suite.

No way worth anywhere near the money, but hey, have at it.

Interesting comment.

How is it that you've come to the conclusion that "bucket-list checkers" have little or no interest in the destination? We have not found that to be true at all.

Interesting comment.

How is it that you've come to the conclusion that "bucket-list checkers" have little or no interest in the destination? We have not found that to be true at all.

We have found exactly that. 1000 destinations on 7 continents and hear all the time "what brought you here?"

"Oh, just checking another one off the list"

No preparation, no clue. And the fact that they will spend 2-3 times what is necessary just verifies.

We have found exactly that. 1000 destinations on 7 continents and hear all the time "what brought you here?"

No preparation, no clue. And the fact that they will spend 2-3 times what is necessary just verifies.

Suffice it to say, I am so glad we travel in different circles, lol!

I respectfully disagree. I have a (bucket) list of places I want to visit. That doesn't mean I am just "checking it off" and do not appreciate what I am seeing. Since the movie came out, more people are using the term "bucket list." When I use it, it means I am fulfilling a trip to a location I have long wanted to visit, not that I am just going there for the sake of saying I have been there. What I chose to spend to get there is a decision I make. It doesn't indicate that I don't know that I could do it cheaper. How I choose to spend my $ is personal and not driven by my desire to complete my "bucket list."

Nowhere did I say EVERYONE was only checking off bucket list items, only many. If it doesn't apply to you, sobeit. But I didn't dream the many people who have said "OK, another one off the list" in some cases getting off the ship for an hour or so. Or not at all, like Antarctica.

Nowhere did I say EVERYONE was only checking off bucket list items, only many. If it doesn't apply to you, sobeit. But I didn't dream the many people who have said "OK, another one off the list" in some cases getting off the ship for an hour or so. Or not at all, like Antarctica.

But you did say that those cruises are ALL designed for bucket-list checkers. To me, that implies that those are the people that wil book them.