Jade specialty restaurants

mnlovesdisney

I will be cruising on Jade in February and wondering about its specialty restaurants. We get 4 specialty meals. We have already booked Cagney's for Valentine's Day and the Teppanyaki one for another night. Looking for some advice on what would be good choices for the other 2 nights and what people think of the specialty restaurants in general. Thanks.

We were on the jade in Jan. We did our meals at cagney’s, teppanyaki, moderno, and la cucina. We ended up agreeing on our list best to worst: la cucina, teppanyaki, moderno, cagney’s.

To be fair, I do think our visit to cagney’s wasn’t typical. When we got to the hostess stand a woman was complaining about how bad her meal was so we probably should have turned and run then. But based on the great reviews we gave it a chance. Ordered 2 medium steaks, broccoli, truffle fries, and mashed potatoes. Got 1 med well and 1 mid rare steak and everything was flavor-less (and I love truffle fries, so that took some doing).

La cucina was simple Italian but everything was delicious.

Teppanyaki was what you would expect from a japenese steak house. Nothing over the top but consistently good.

We enjoy moderno. Some don’t. The meat is inconsistent but some items are really good. The ones you don’t care for you just leave. The sides and dessert were also great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can vary depending on Chef but we've had fine meals in Cagneys on two different Jade cruises.

Our favorite is Le Bistro. We used 2 of our meals there on each of two cruises on the Jade last year.

We've also enjoyed our meals in La Cucina on the two different Jade cruises.

We were on the Jade last week and loved LeBistro. My husband says the filet there is outstanding. We also tried Moderno for the first time and were disappointed. The salad bar is very good and has many different options; however, the main meal left a lot to be desired. My husband is a huge fan of beef, and while I was offered pork, ribs and chicken, his plate remained empty for quite a while before any beef came out. He said the quality wasn't quite as he expected. On a positive note, the restaurant lead came over very often to make sure he was being taken care of, and that was nice. We just much preferred the LeBistro experience.

I’d rank the Jade speciality in order starting with Le Bistro, La Cucina, Moderno, Cagney’s, Teppanyaki. IMO All of them are considerably better than the main dining room and Alizars. The Asian free restaurant and O’shehans also free, had good food and service. Food and service depends on who is cooking on a specific night. I’ve not had the best luck in Cagney’s on the Jade but still definitely much better than mdr even on an off night.