Temperature on Pride

mskaufman

We've been on 12+ cruises but this is the first from a cold weather port. Is a balcony cabin well sealed or does it get cold at night? Do we have control of the temperature in the cabin? I understand that the first and last day are likely to be cold outside. What about in the ship's public areas?

We've been on 12+ cruises but this is the first from a cold weather port. Is a balcony cabin well sealed or does it get cold at night? Do we have control of the temperature in the cabin? I understand that the first and last day are likely to be cold outside. What about in the ship's public areas?

We sailed on the Pride last NYE, The temp in the cabin was fine.

Bring a sweater.

Assuming you're heading South out of B'More, sail away and the first at sea day will be chilly on deck. After that, you're far enough South to wear shorts and t-shirt.

Cabins and inside the ship are fine. Wife usually takes a sweater to the shows.

We've sailed Pride several times and will be on her again Jan 21. We've also sailed from Bayonne and New York...never had an issue.

Have fun!

For winter departures from Baltimore, easily removed layers will be best on embarkation day. Interior public spaces will be heated, but certain activities like the mandatory muster will still be held outside. The retractable roof over the center Lido deck pool will be closed so the pool and bars can be utilized.

Your first full day on board you will notice that as the day progresses the warmer it is outside and that they switch the the public spaces from heat to the AC, but the night time will still be cool. Personally I wear capris and 3/4 sleeves, but I'm one of those people that feel cold easily. A sweater or windbreaker is still a good idea if you will be out on deck at night. The second seaday will have you at the Georgia Florida state-line and still heading south or south east depending on your first port, so unless there is a cold snap running, the weather will be warm enough to use the aft pool.

As for the return trip your last full day aboard will not be much different than your first seaday, just running in reverse. A warmish morning leading to a cold night, again the crew will adjust the public space temperature between cooling and heating as needed. Of course debarkation day can be exactly like embarkation day, cold with a chance of a warm snap.

Your cabin will have it's own temperature control, but since it's a simple hot cold red blue type you might have to play a little to find the perfect temp. Just remember with a balcony cabin if the balcony door is open it shuts down the air exchange unit regardless if it is set to heating or cooling. Otherwise there is good insulation around the door to prevent air leaks.

You cabin temperature will likely be normal, and you can control it from inside your room. You are correct in thinking that the first and last day(s) will be cold, so they will close the roof on the retractable pool. The public areas should also be a regular temperature, nothing too hot or too cold. However, public areas can tend to be cold on cruise ships, and since you will have a few cold days on your cruises, a hoodie would not be a bad idea. Wear it when you board adn you can save some room in your suitcase.

We have been on the Pride 7 times and find the cabin temperature is just fine and are adjustable. We have sailed spring, fall and winter. I would suggest taking a sweater or sweatshirt for the public areas because my wife sometimes found those area a bit cool. Never had a problem with a balcony doors, they seal very well when locked. As you said the first and last days may be cool but they will have the top over the main pool closed.

Have a great trip!