Favourite Unique Drink?

D C

We'll be on the Reflection in a little over a week. I sure would like to find something to drink beyond the typical Margarita, Pina Colada, & Daiquiri.

Have you come across anything that has been unique and spectacular?

Maybe even a bartender favourite that really made an impression?

(Thinking an "any bar" type drink, rather than something you can only get at the martini bar or world class bar)

Thanks!

One Caribbean cruise day a couple of years ago on Equinox I was 'dithering' (old English word meaning unable to make a decision) about what to drink...the bar tender asked what flavoures I liked...I replied fresh and sharp rather than sweet....

This was the pool bar and quiet as most guests had headed out to Panama....As repeat cruisers we had chosen a ship day! He mixed me the most refreshing mint and vaguely lemon drink with a definite 'kick'...I do think most of the bar tenders love doing 'specials'. We are very conscious, however, of how busy these guys are....I do think you need to catch them at a quiet time to ask for something special!

One Caribbean cruise day a couple of years ago on Equinox I was 'dithering' (old English word meaning unable to make a decision) about what to drink...the bar tender asked what flavoures I liked...I replied fresh and sharp rather than sweet....

This was the pool bar and quiet as most guests had headed out to Panama....As repeat cruisers we had chosen a ship day! He mixed me the most refreshing mint and vaguely lemon drink with a definite 'kick'...I do think most of the bar tenders love doing 'specials'. We are very conscious, however, of how busy these guys are....I do think you need to catch them at a quiet time to ask for something special!

Thanks

In addition to looking for something new and delicious, I was also thinking that these guys have to get sick of making the same 6 drinks every day. Nice to hear that they're interested in the unique and creative side of things :)

Miami Vice !

I was ordering those regularly on our last cruise! Very tasty, but still just a combination of a couple of the other standards

Some of my favorite drinks to get on a cruise: Dark and Stormy (dark rum, ginger beer, lime or orange slice); Beach Flower (club soda, Tanqueray, St Germain, lemon slice. The bartenders don't usually know it by name but will make one.); French Martini (vodka, Chambord, pineapple juice.)

For those who like watermelon, they had a wonderful non-alcoholic watermelon drink they were advertising on a tent card at the sunset bar tables on Silo last year - we asked them if they could make it frozen with a shot of tequila - and it was amazingly good...really refreshing. Other than wine with dinner, that's all my husband ended up drinking for most of that cruise. Several people asked him what the drink was, because it looked so good.

(And he doesn't even like watermelon normally - he's a margarita guy. :D I'm hoping they still have it this year.)

There was a Martini Bar bartender on Eclipse who knew I liked the chocolate martinis and the black forest martinis. He made me a creme br?l?e martini. Off menu of course. Mmmm. They also made it for me in Michael's Club.

The whiskey peaches signature drink in Luminae is awesome too.

I like a painkiller, Dark Rum, pineapple, orange and coconut. We had the pool bartenders trained on making then on the Equinox 2 years ago.. But on the Eclipse last November they just could not get it right.

Dublin Donkey (moscow mule with Jameson instead of Vodka)

It's not real fancy, but my favorite (besides the Miami Vice or Lava Flow) is Malibu (coconut rum) and pineapple juice. Simple, tropical and refreshing! Sex on the Beach is also pretty good!

Whats in Lava flow...sounds familiar