Melia Day Pass Cable Beach, Nassau

mamagina

Sitting poolside at the Melia as part of our NCL Gem cruise. Lovely place. Pools, hot tub, nice beach. Day pass $45 includes loungers on the beach or pool, 1 hour free snorkel equipment and one beverage at Starbucks- any size, anything they make. You can pay to use water bikes and kayaks. We took the # 10 Jitney here from in front of McDonalds -$1.25 each. The one thing to beware of is that there is very little shade. We got here a little after 8am and the hotel guests claimed what few umbrellas and palapas there are on the beach (rightly so). But there are very few. We spoke to employees and guests and they are first come, first served and you have to come out between 6-8am to claim one. I was very surprised at how few there were for such a big place. There was plenty of shade around the restaurant and the pool though so we claimed a good spot but we are not on the beach. cf43dabc4bc01c80ed4afb2448c54477.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also the snorkeling was very good. Good enough equipment, with a vest required. Two groups of coral and grasses not to far from the edge of the water. Tons of fish. Much better than yesterday at Great Stirrup Cay.

A previous poster said that the day pass was $75. Is it $45 or $75? Also, how far was the walk from jitney to hotel entrance. We have a few in our party of 8 who have walking difficulties.

It might be $75 with lunch. From the Jitney stop to the hotel you have to cross two streets and walk up a slight hill to the hotel entrance. The walking problem would be from the ship to the Jitney stop in front of McDonalds. Maybe 6-7 blocks.

We were at the Melia this past Monday , while on Carnival Ecstasy.. we got there around 10, took taxi , due to baby & stroller.... only 2 issues... long wait to get checked in for Day pass bracelet...Should have been a separate line for hotel guests & day use only. Also no beach towels were available the first 2 hours.We were able to get chairs and umbrella at beach. Drinks were expensive, but the beach & water were beautiful... had a great day.

That sounds right for the cab , cost more for the ride to the Melia. We had 5 and a baby. Charged 4 per person after first 2 .. Next time , probably , back to Hilton, like being able to walk & had a great time there last year.

• 3 months later...
A previous poster said that the day pass was $75. Is it $45 or $75? Also, how far was the walk from jitney to hotel entrance. We have a few in our party of 8 who have walking difficulties.

The day passes I have seen are usually around $45 for adults and $25 for children.

If our itinerary doesn’t change, we will be there from 7-1. Thoughts on whether it would be worth it to go here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK. Depends on how early you get there. With such a short visit you may want to just do a ship's exclusion. Or you could just walk to the British Colonial in Downtown Nassau. You could book a pass ahead of time on line or just get there early and pay at the desk. I would call ahead to see how early they will take you.

Do you have to wait to purchase the day pass when you get there? Did you see the Daiquiri Shack?

We purchased at the hotel desk. We waited for a hotel who was checking out ahead of us on line. We did not make any sort of reservation ahead of time. I didn't see a daiquiri shack. The hotel had a really nice pool bar.

Edited by mamagina

IDK. Depends on how early you get there. With such a short visit you may want to just do a ship's exclusion. Or you could just walk to the British Colonial in Downtown Nassau. You could book a pass ahead of time on line or just get there early and pay at the desk. I would call ahead to see how early they will take you.

Thank you

If our itinerary doesn’t change, we will be there from 7-1. Thoughts on whether it would be worth it to go here?

Day pass doesn't start until 9am and you'd have to leave by noon... not a lot of time for the money.

With such little time, I'd do the free beaches near the port.

Day pass doesn't start until 9am and you'd have to leave by noon... not a lot of time for the money.

With such little time, I'd do the free beaches near the port.

Thank you. Still waiting to see what the final itinerary will be, so we will see.

Has anyone been to Melia since October 1st and the change of itineraries with many boats going to Nassau. Wondering how crowded it is and has anyone been turned away because of no reservation or too full?

http://ports.cruisett.com/

here you can look at how many ships and passengers in on the day you are there

I might be going this week, I will report back if I end up going there instead of Junkanoo

Thanks, know that sight but it is not accurate anymore with the hurricanes and changed in itineraries. I am on Oasis and they changed our port to Nassau on October 23rd. Port sight says only Conquest is docked there on that day. I think there will be many more . That's why I asked if anyone has been there since October 1st. Let me know how it is after your visit. Thanks.