New Steakhouse Menu (October 2017)

John Heald live stream this morning released some details on the new Steakhouse Menu...

On the Dream Class currently (Dream, Breeze, Magic and also the Vista) to start and then making it's way across.

Starters

Smoked and Ice Fresh Oysters served with apple mignonette, butter

Stuffed Mushroom Caps - spinach, four cheese, mushroom and Parmesan pearl

Hand Cut Beef Tartare served with shallot salad on country toast

Berkshire Pork Belly served with apple and walnut preserves

Crab and Mushroom Risotto

Tuna Tartare served with avocado

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail

Lobster Bisque

Onion Soup

(Didn't go through Salads of course...)

Entrees

Prime New York Strip Loin Steak 14oz

Grilled Cowboy Steak

Spice Rubbed Ribeye

Filet Minon 9oz

(NEW) A5 Wagyu Beef 10oz

Surf Turf

Lobster Tail

Chicken

Lamb Chops

10 Jumbo Shrimp

Sauces

3 Mustard, BBQ, Bearnaise, Chimichurri

Sides

Baked Potatoes with Trimmings, Sautéed Medley of Fresh Mushrooms, Yukon Gold Mash with Wasabe Horseradish, Onion Rings, Garlic Rapini, Mac and Cheese, French Fries and Bourbon Smoked (he said paprika...)

Desserts

Chocolate Sphere

Apple Tartare with elder flower cream

Abstract in presentation and a focus in flavor (New Cook at Table Desert)

Fresh Fruit

Also mentioned the dress code with Jeans being OK except on elegant night, but no ripped jeans, t-shirts since there is always discuss on this one.

Looking forward to it - I would hope it would roll out to all before Thanksgiving when we're cruising on the Pride!

I don't enjoy chocolate, so the removal of the cheesecake is really disappointing. It was one of the few desserts I enjoyed on board. Although, if I'm being honest, not much dessert was ever eaten at the steakhouse after the huge meal.

Although, if I'm being honest, not much dessert was ever eaten at the steakhouse after the huge meal.

LOL. That's why I didn't comment on the desserts. I always got the cheese plate and took it back to the cabin to enjoy later. There were a couple of really nice cheeses included.

We always eat every night at the steakhouse and very happy to see they really didn't do much to it and kept it the way it is, with the exception of a few items...I don't eat escargot and replacing with the oysters I am sure many people perfer the oysters, I am disappointed no spinach but the Rapini is a good substitute, I love carpaccio but when I saw Beef Tartare I am even happier....they got rid of the lobster ravioli, honestly, my family and I never was interested in it anyways so replacing with the Wagyu beef and the shrimp is a good assortment for people to choose from....desserts honestly they aren't very good none interest me except for the Chocolate Sphere and would like to know exactly what it is.

Darn, no more marinated Portobello mushroom (loved it!), Caprese (another favorite!), creamed spinach (yummmm!), or chocolate sampler. I guess I will be Ok though, I can try the stuffed shrooms and the chocolate sphere.

I guess I will enjoy the old menu when I board the Sunshine on Saturday! I'll make sure to order my favorites that are getting the ax.

Darn, no more marinated Portobello mushroom (loved it!), Caprese (another favorite!), creamed spinach (yummmm!), or chocolate sampler. I guess I will be Ok though, I can try the stuffed shrooms and the chocolate sphere.

I guess I will enjoy the old menu when I board the Sunshine on Saturday! I'll make sure to order my favorites that are getting the ax.

Hey Pirate - Will you ask how long the old menu will be on Sunshine? I board Oct. 26 and while I would be happy with either, I am bringing three Carnival newbies and I would love for them to try the old menu, then come back for the new menu! Thanks and enjoy your trip!

We had the new menu on the Vista sailing that ended yesterday. I had never had the steakhouse before and was looking forward to the cheesecake, but I got the apple dessert instead. It was okay. I liked the elder flower ice cream that came with it. The Art at the Table dessert presentation looked interesting. I saw it done at a table near us. Not something I would order though.

Interesting changes to the menu and I have no objections except for the removal of Escargot. I'll find other good selections from which to choose. Except, for Pork Belly which will surely not be my selection.. Why is the current cuisine world so infatuated with Pork Belly?