Need HELP Transferring Reservation FROM a TA

jelayne

I would appreciate any suggestions on who to contact to get a reservation taken from a TA.

Long story short, booked a B2B 18 months ago with TA. No contact in the interim with the TA until 8/31 when I called to request a copy of the Celebrity Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy.

I wanted the confirmation as all the Go Best perks had disappeared from my reservation and even purchased items were not showing.

Rep I spoke to at the TAs office said that Celebrity did not allow them to send that document but she would send me a detailed invoice that showed the GO Best. She did a detailed invoice & to my surprise the pricewas $1260 MORE that I booked. I called and she said the agency owner died a few months prior, most of the staff had left and they were having trouble finding records. I send a copy of my original invoices ( they couldn't find either) and email correspondence I had with the agency when booking. That was 8/31 as of today I have sent multiple emails, left messages and on 9/29 was contacted by a lady who promised to clear it up and get back to me no later than the next day 9/30. That didn't happen and another message & email this week have not been answered. I can't cancel and rebook because 1) I can't talk to anyone at the agency to cancel all calls go to vm and 2) all the Suites are sold out only Inside available on one of the 2 bookings.

I spoke to the Captains Club to see if they could at least tell me what they show as my cruise fare but they said they don't have access to that screen.

I emailed celebrityonetouch a week ago but have had no response.

We leave in a week for the Reflection TA and 2 days after we return final payment is due. I am getting desperate. I don't know how much this cruise will cost, I can't get in touch with the TA to authorize final payment or resolve the price discrepancy.

Any suggestions or contacts I can try will be appreciated.

Wow

What a mess. I've been told the travel agent has to release it in writing, but you can't even get in touch with them.

Maybe you could email your post, which explained everything, very well, to someone high up in celebrity.....

(Like Lisa perlo)

Good luck

Helaine

Celebrity won't let you, as the booked guest, transfer from the TA (who essentially isn't functional) directly back to celebrity?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

I know I can't transfer it but I believe Celebrity can take the booking from the TA. That is why I emailed celebrityonetouch but have had no response & unfortunately time isn't on my side.

Celebrity is in a bad position because they don't want to have even the appearance of interfering in a travel agent's relationship with a customer.

Since you're having trouble getting a response from the agency, the best suggestion I have, is immediately contact the credit card issuer for the card you used to make whatever payments you've made thus far, and initiate a dispute. This will cause the card company to contact the merchant (the travel agency) with the first step of the charge back process. Companies HATE charge backs, first because they are out money, but even more important if a company gets many their cost of processing all credit card transactions goes up.

One caveat: Look at your statements and see if the charge was from the travel agency, or they actually just forwarded your payment to Celebrity. Small agencies sometimes do it that way. That may make filing a dispute too risky, as Celebrity would then be likely to simply cancel the reservation if the payment gets reversed. Look at the charge and see if it lists the agency name. If it lists it as "Celebrity Cruises" or "Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines"; I would not take the chance of using a credit card dispute.

At Celebrity, you would want to contact staff in the Sales Trade Support & Services department. That's the part that manages relationships with travel agencies. They may be able to contact your travel agent from their end, thus making it clear that Celebrity is looking at this.

As a previous poster mentioned, Celebrity would require a written release from the travel agency, to transfer the reservation from the travel agency.

My experience has been that initiating a credit card dispute changes the whole nature of the relationship. Companies that couldn't be contacted suddenly come to you, hat in hand. So hopefully your charges were billed directly to the travel agency.

Harris

Denver, CO

Sales, Trade Support & Services

If you paid your deposit on a credit card they may be willing to advise....

The deposit you paid is part of your agreement with the TA. The price was agreed at the time you paid this amount. If they now try to change the amount surely they are in breach of this agreement....

Just a thought....I hope someone with some legal know how comes on to advise. Sincere best wishes, jelayne.

Wow

What a mess. I've been told the travel agent has to release it in writing, but you can't even get in touch with them.

Maybe you could email your post, which explained everything, very well, to someone high up in celebrity.....

(Like Lisa perlo)

Good luck

Helaine

I copied Lisa on the original email.

I know I can't transfer it but I believe Celebrity can take the booking from the TA. That is why I emailed celebrityonetouch but have had no response & unfortunately time isn't on my side.
I wouldn't wait for an email response from onetouch given the time crunch. I'd keep calling celebrity and ask to get transfered to someone who can do something for you.

Is the TA an actual office you can go into?

The credit card dispute, suggested above, is an interesting option, but the initial deposit presumably is from long ago. Coupled with there not being much time left, I'm not sure a dispute would help at this point (plus there maybe a risk of the booking being cancelled all together...)

One more thought - I've never tried, but does celebrity Facebook have a messaging option where they actually respond....

Really wishing you Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

omeinv, thanks for the info on the department that handles travel agency relationships, I'll see if they can help.

The deposit was made in June, 2016 and the charge/payment was to Celebrity so no games there. The reservations both show on my Celebrity but I can't see the balance owed to see if my total cost was altered by the TA when they created the detailed reservation.

If I dispute the charge I am concerned that the reservations will get cancelled. We have quite a bit of money invested in airfare, tour deposits, hotels so I really just want to pay for these cruises and get this done with.

Thanks.

Since the charge was processed to Celebrity, I would definitely NOT dispute it.

Try this page:

https://secure.espresso.cruisingpower.com/SecureLogin.do?

Scroll to the bottom and try the links to Dondra Ritzenthaler's Twitter or Facebook pages.

Best of luck,

Harris

Denver, CO

Thanks Harris, I truly appreciate you assistance. I'm not a social media person, no Facebook or Twitter accounts. But I will try and email her.

Joan

I

I wanted the confirmation as all the Go Best perks had disappeared from my reservation and even purchased items were not showing.

Sorry this happen to you

I have the same problem that the purchased items does not show on the cruise planner if I login with the celebrity account, but if I login to cruise planner with the booking number CP is OK.

Try to login via menu upper left corner, then cruise planner, then select find your reservation and enter the data.

Good luck

I was given this person's name when I was transferring a reservation from one TA to another because the person I actually worked with moved to a different agency. He was able to help me navigate through the switch but it did involve getting the original TA to cancel the reservation because they wouldn't simply relinquish it and allow the transfer.

Since this happened in 2016, I don't know whether he is still there but it is worth a shot.

Malcolm Gomez

Mgomez@rccl.com

954-628-9317 ext 19317

Good luck with this. If you would like to see the text of the email I sent to Mr. Gomez, send me your email address and I will forward it to you.

Jswolfert at gmail dot com

Sorry this happen to you

I have the same problem that the purchased items does not show on the cruise planner if I login with the celebrity account, but if I login to cruise planner with the booking number CP is OK.

Try to login via menu upper left corner, then cruise planner, then select find your reservation and enter the data.

Good luck

Thanks, I didn't know about that way of getting to the reservation & the Go Best Perks do show so that's great:D.

Now I have to find out if I am going to being charged the erroneous extra $1260 more and how to make final payment if I can't reach the TA.

The beverage package will get a lot of use if we can get this resolved.

Thanks!

That is not a number that I have tried, but will on Monday.

Let us know how you get on. Someone there helped resolve an issue I had recently when I was being sent from one person to another and hitting a brick wall.

Have you confirmed with Celebrity that you are on this cruise in the cabin that you selected? I know they won’t talk money but even asking for someone to discuss Celebrity excursions will require them to request your booking number and pull up your reservation. Can you confirm on-line?

Is the main issue the price you are paying? Could the discrepancy be the difference in what the owner was discounting (and whomever is there now is looking at the rack rate)? I agree if they aren’t responding and the owner died you should be able to get Celebrity to take back the booking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is another number for corporate: 1.877.290.5881

Just found this! I had good luck when I called and was treated very nicely...

Again, come back and let us know...good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would appreciate any suggestions on who to contact to get a reservation taken from a TA.

Long story short, booked a B2B 18 months ago with TA. No contact in the interim with the TA until 8/31 when I called to request a copy of the Celebrity Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy.

I wanted the confirmation as all the Go Best perks had disappeared from my reservation ....That was 8/31 as of today I have sent multiple emails, left messages and on 9/29 was contacted by a lady who promised to clear it up and get back to me no later than the next day 9/30. That didn't happen and another message & email this week have not been answered. I can't cancel and rebook because 1) I can't talk to anyone at the agency to cancel all calls go to vm and 2) all the Suites are sold out only Inside available on one of the 2 bookings...

I know nothing that can directly help you. However, yours is the 2nd (or 3rd?) recent thread about an agency owner who died and whose agency has descended into chaos with no attention to clients. I can't find the other instance(s) right now, maybe you can. As I recall, one was resolved eventually, a new agent got in touch and took care of the clients issue.

Good luck!

Stan

Yes We are on the cruise, correct cabin and and have purchased excursions.

The issue is twofold. The increased price when nothing changed. Same cabin and same perks and the inability, in over a month, to reach a person to resolve price and make final payment. Emails and voice mails are not be answered.

Lastdance thanks for the additional phone number.

GottaKnowWhen, I'll look for those threads. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is having problems with the agency. I am hoping that someone at Celebrity is aware of at least some of the issues with this agency so they will take my reservation from them.

I will report back with how this turns out.

Joan

I am pretty sure I was using the same agency for the past 11 years. When I saw what in my mind was chaos in the agency after the owner passed suddenly and my fav TA there let go I got proactive in having my bookings removed.

I contacted agencychanges@rccl.com and was able to transfer. I am quite certain this agency looks after both bookings for RCI and Celebrity. Actually emailing this address was a quite a simply process and my request without going through the agency was honored. I simply said the two agents I used were not longer with the agency.

I had 6 bookings with this agency and I was able to transfer them to another travel agent with a different company even though the 60 days window had passed.

Good Luck