Scuba + DSD: Antigua or Grenada?

me-shel

Our ports have been shuffled after Hurricane Maria. We were planning to do scuba (me) and DSD (15yo daughter) in St. Thomas since we found a shore dive there, which seemed a little less intimidating to her. The rest of the fam could also hang out right at the beach.

Looking at Antigua v. Grenada, I'm trying to find something similar but with so many last minute changes to this trip (...new flights! new hotel! new islands!...) and only 9 days until we leave it's overwhelming. Any recommendations or comparisons? She's wanted to try diving with me for years, so my emphasis would be on making sure she has a great DSD experience. It would be nice if we didn't have to separate from our family entirely, but we'll go off on our own if we have to.

Good News! Antigua is not a consideration, the diving is not close to the port, and not worth the hassle of travel. Grenada on the other hand has great diving, including the famous underwater sculpture park, which makes for a perfect Discover Scuba location. On top of that, I know a fantastic dive operator there for you.

Contact Eveline at ScubaTech Grenada (http://www.scubatech-grenada.com). The email is: info@scubatech-grenada.com. They provide fantastic service, and will pick up with their boat, very near the port (you take a 10 minute walk through the Sendall Tunnel, which is fun in itself. Depending upon how much time you have, you may want to ask Eveline about taking you to their shop post-dive. It's around the tip of hte island, so the boat ride is like a free tour, and then the shop is at a beautiful beach hotel, with a nice outdoor restaurant, then they can bring you back to the pier by car.

By the way, on an earlier trip to Grenada we dove with EcoDivers. I was not impressed, at all.

Harris

Denver, CO

Harris - I couldn't have asked for a more perfect response! I'm emailing them right now, thank you so much.

Tell Eveline Harris, Rito, Bobbie and Oliver all say hi.

If Eveline isn't on the boat the day you're there, ask if Ackie David can be your DM. All great folks.

Harris

Denver, CO