Maybe some answers here

iluvcruises

Nobody seems to answer the questions on Freeport "Ports of call" board. as hoping someone can answer some questions here! Was in Freeport before and besides that little shopping area, we just stayed on the ship. We will have our 12 year old with us this trip. Any suggestions of something fun? Jet skis, para-sail or maybe we should rent a car? Any suggestions?

That's a good question! We are going there on the Dream next month. There seem to be a lot different beach excursions, but it seems like they all go to the same beach. The price difference depends on whether you get lunch, or drinks, or lunch and drinks. If they do all go to the same beach, isn't it going to get crowded?

Paradise Cove at Deadman's Reef! Great place to snorkel from the beach, kayak and paddle board.

I second that. Nothing fancy but had 10 year old and 12 year old and they enjoyed it. If someone wants to just chill on the beach they can. Better reef is quite a swim out but don't need to go that far if you don't want to. Have a little restaurant and bar with inexpensive food. It was a nice day.

I second that. Nothing fancy but had 10 year old and 12 year old and they enjoyed it. If someone wants to just chill on the beach they can. Better reef is quite a swim out but don't need to go that far if you don't want to. Have a little restaurant and bar with inexpensive food. It was a nice day.

I want to say that Deadman's Reef is a half mile or so from the shore (but my memory might be playing tricks on me). That being said, the water is quite shallow all the way out there - to the point that you can stand in the water by the reef. Once past it, it gets quite deep, but beautiful. IMHO, its a safe way to let your 12-year-old explore in relative safety.

We recently went to Freeport with our 12 year old granddaughter. She still talks about the Dolphin encounter we went to. The guides were informative and helpful. If you check it out on line (unexso.com) the price is much less---but consider this, the Carnival tour includes transportation to and from the ship. Also the encounter is known to run overtime, our tour returned one half hour AFTER the ship was scheduled to leave, but because it was a Carnival tour the ship waited for us! If you'd care to see what is involved in the encounter you might want to check our "cruise album" if you want to see the pictures full sized just click on them. Freeport is around picture 134, just click on "OUR CRUISE ALBUM" below. Whatever you choose to do I wish all of you a wonderful cruise.

OUR CRUISE ALBUM

If it is offered on your cruise, do the "Freeport Kayak & Nature Experience", we did this thru Carnival a few years back. It was the absolute BEST excursion have done!!! We did this with my two daughters when they were 8 and 10 and had no issues.

This is what we are looking forward to doing. It will take the whole time in port, but it sounds like there isn't much shopping/activities right in port anyway.

This is what we are looking forward to doing. It will take the whole time in port, but it sounds like there isn't much shopping/activities right in port anyway.

The past few years they have added some little shops right in the port area in Freeport, but it's not a busy town area like Nassau.

You will have a great time on that excursion!!

We just did Carnival's Unimog excursion and my boys (almost 9 & 12) loved it. Great tour of island, nice visit to a small farm, beautiful view of a Blue Hole, bumpy & fun off roading, and a great lunch at a beautiful beach. Not to mention the fantastic and entertaining tour guides, Lia & Avery. We all had a great time!

Have spent a lot of time in Freeport both as a cruise stop and during a land vacation. With kids. We all enjoyed the dolphin encounter as well as fishing expeditions. The beach at Taino Beach is my favorite. Rented jet skis there.

Have spent a lot of time in Freeport both as a cruise stop and during a land vacation. With kids. We all enjoyed the dolphin encounter as well as fishing expeditions. The beach at Taino Beach is my favorite. Rented jet skis there.

Who did you use for fishing expeditions? I am trying to find something like that for our cruise in March. TIA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
We did the Segway tour in Freeport. My son enjoyed it. We went by a couple famous athletes’ houses and learned some history. Also got to mess around on the Segways and go to the beach at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are taking our 13 and 10 year old grand daughters cruising in November. I read there is a age limit and weight limit. They will make the age limits but not the weight (they don't weigh enough). Did they check that? And how long did you guys get to ride the Segways?