First time in a suite on Celebrity questions

webecruzin2

Hi folks,

We just upgraded from a veranda to a suite for the first time on Celebrity.

We are Elite and had purchased 2 premium beverage packages when we first booked the veranda as they were having a sale, I think 20% off.

These days we aren't big drinkers and are wondering now that we will have access to Michaels Club if it would be a waste of money to also have a premium beverage package.

Would like opinions of experienced suite passengers that did not have the drink packages included in your fare.

Possibly any pros or cons we are not aware of to now being in a suite.

I've looked at the Celebrity website and done searches here but before I cancel our drink packages we'd love to hear from you guys.

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

If you are not big drinkers, I would not book a beverage package - even at 20% off. Michaels Club is open pretty much all day (just not in the wee hours of the morning), so plenty of opportunity to grab a beverage there (and upon request they can stock pretty much any drink you like within reason). You may have to pay for a glass or two of wine at dinner or a drink by the pool, at a show etc. - but doing this a la carte should be less spendy than the package would cost.

I think most of us drink more pre and post dinner than the rest of the day...We really enjoy Michael’s Club during these sessions. Some cruises are busier and more lively than others but we have always enjoyed...

As the last post said Michael’s is open all day so easy to pop in and have a drink. They will also give you sodas and water to take away...

Unless you are a cocktail drinker by the pool or prefer the Martini bar in the evenings you should be fine...If after a few days you are finding it restrictive then get the package on board. Leaves you with some cash for a few nice bottles of wine with dinner!

We have only been in a suite a few times. When, where & what you drink is key as is convenience.

We enjoy a drink at the Martini bar before dinner, wine with dinner, a drink at the show. It seems that taking drinks out of Michaels Club is not always allowed. On the Infinity earlier this year friends took a glass of wine with them to the show & next day received a note that drinks were not to be taken out of the venue.

If I'm at the pool I don't want to run down to Michael's to get a bottle of water, soda or beer. If I can take a glass of wine from Michaels to dinner I don't want to interrupt my dinner to go to Michaels for a refill. So us the beverage package makes sense.

Thanks everyone,

Yes, we never even attempt to take drinks out of the Elite lounge at happy hour, so just wanted to be sure with Michaels.

As I said we don't drink as much as we used to but we will be having 1 or 2 by the pool ;)and we usually buy bottles of wine to have with dinner.

So looking forward to our first suite on Celebrity and all that goes along with it. Especially Luminae!

If there are any other suite perks info anyone would like to pass along that would be great.

Thanks again!

We did a suite last year and had the premium beverage package, although we always tell ourselves we aren't going to have more than a couple of drinks each day it. The sommelier in Luminae was amazing and we had fabulous wines paired with our dinner (and lunch on sea days) and it really added to the experience.

Thanks everyone,

Yes, we never even attempt to take drinks out of the Elite lounge at happy hour, so just wanted to be sure with Michaels.

As I said we don't drink as much as we used to but we will be having 1 or 2 by the pool ;)and we usually buy bottles of wine to have with dinner.

So looking forward to our first suite on Celebrity and all that goes along with it. Especially Luminae!

If there are any other suite perks info anyone would like to pass along that would be great.

Thanks again!

They made me martinis in Michaels Club that I took to dinner in Luminae if I wasn't finished with it. In fact, I asked the consierge in Michaels anytime we sailed and she always said no problem. This was on the Summit so I may differ depending on the ship you are sailing on.

They made me martinis in Michaels Club that I took to dinner in Luminae if I wasn't finished with it. In fact, I asked the consierge in Michaels anytime we sailed and she always said no problem. This was on the Summit so I may differ depending on the ship you are sailing on.

We were on the Summit this fall for a B2B2B series, and on each leg folks were taking alcohol based drinks out of Michael's Club. We have observed this his happen on three other X ships, and in fact have had the MC bartenders ask us if we want a "top off" to take to the suite when we are there for after dinner drinks.

But in addition to beverages we find we use MC heavily. We no longer eat large breakfasts, and my husband finds the smoked salmon mini-bagels just perfect in the AM. I also like the fruit plates/fruit cups which are available in the mornings.

Hi folks,

We just upgraded from a veranda to a suite for the first time on Celebrity.

We are Elite and had purchased 2 premium beverage packages when we first booked the veranda as they were having a sale, I think 20% off.

These days we aren't big drinkers and are wondering now that we will have access to Michaels Club if it would be a waste of money to also have a premium beverage package.

Would like opinions of experienced suite passengers that did not have the drink packages included in your fare.

Possibly any pros or cons we are not aware of to now being in a suite.

I've looked at the Celebrity website and done searches here but before I cancel our drink packages we'd love to hear from you guys.

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

If you upgraded to a suite don't you get all 4 perks including premium drink package? Or are you on an itinerary that does not include the perks?

If you upgraded to a suite don't you get all 4 perks including premium drink package? Or are you on an itinerary that does not include the perks?

Not getting the 4 perks is more common than you might think:

1) Certain itineraries exclude them

2) Low fares sometimes exclude them (i.e. some guarantee sky suite fares - even if the sailing has the 4 perks for higher fares)

3) Utilizing a residency rate/senior rate/military rate/law enforcement rate can cause one to lost the 4 perks, but get a lower fare

We have always had the 4 perks included. However, if you book from a TA, you can pay less and not get the perks- IMO love the perks- while Michael's club is great- still like the freedom to have a couple of drinks by the pool, martini bar or any restaurant . Worth it for me and my DH

We have always had the 4 perks included. However, if you book from a TA, you can pay less and not get the perks- IMO love the perks- while Michael's club is great- still like the freedom to have a couple of drinks by the pool, martini bar or any restaurant . Worth it for me and my DH

TA’s are notorious for not having the four perks, but we used MC for our suite, as we drink very little except for water. The Concierge would always smile at us during our water takeaways. Yes, we are trying to stay healthy even on a cruise. However, my DH and I do love desserts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

TA’s are notorious for not having the four perks, but we used MC for our suite, as we drink very little except for water. The Concierge would always smile at us during our water takeaways. Yes, we are trying to stay healthy even on a cruise. However, my DH and I do love desserts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also like to "stay healthy" on cruises. We minimize any carb from our diet- and eliminate most desserts- however- we will not give up our Martini's and white wine- We get our carbs from the alcohol! Our desserts!! lol

The rate that we booked does not include any "go better, best" perks however the savings is significant even after we purchased the premium package at a discount. That's all I'll say about that:)

We usually get the premium package separately however if Michael's Club is open all day and we can pick up a bottle of water here and there, plus not being big drinkers lately it seems silly to spend an additional $1200.00. We couldn't possibly drink that amount of alcohol to justify it. Even after purchasing some decent bottles of wine at dinner we'll come out ahead.

Thanks everyone for your input. There's only 1 problem I see with this suite, we'll be spoiled forever now! :D

The rate that we booked does not include any "go better, best" perks however the savings is significant even after we purchased the premium package at a discount. That's all I'll say about that:)

We usually get the premium package separately however if Michael's Club is open all day and we can pick up a bottle of water here and there, plus not being big drinkers lately it seems silly to spend an additional $1200.00. We couldn't possibly drink that amount of alcohol to justify it. Even after purchasing some decent bottles of wine at dinner we'll come out ahead.

Thanks everyone for your input. There's only 1 problem I see with this suite, we'll be spoiled forever now! :D

Sounds as if you made the right choice on the drink package.

There is life after suites. I usually only book a suite if I'm going to be on the ship most of the time (Caribbean). On itinerary-driven cruises, it's not as important, although I did miss Luminae as we were handed pagers to wait to get into select dining on my last cruise!

Do you like a quiet Lounge, then Michael s Club is for you. Rebecca and I enjoyed it a lot. The waiter is top notch and the Bar tender is so Professional. We went to Hawaii in a suite with the Enjoyment of first on, a butler, that poured my drinks daily, Tea in the afternoon, Breakfast on the large veranda. We have gone to the Sunset Veranda in the Caribbean, our next trip, but we might change to the suite now we are spoiled.

Do you like a quiet Lounge, then Michael s Club is for you. Rebecca and I enjoyed it a lot. The waiter is top notch and the Bar tender is so Professional. We went to Hawaii in a suite with the Enjoyment of first on, a butler, that poured my drinks daily, Tea in the afternoon, Breakfast on the large veranda. We have gone to the Sunset Veranda in the Caribbean, our next trip, but we might change to the suite now we are spoiled.

It is hard to go back to veranda cabins after the suite life. We now almost always stay in a suite. However next year we are doing a b/2/b on the Edge end dec and first week in January, but the price of a suite was much too high. We will “suffer” with an infinite balcony. lol

Also true on Reflection.