Black Friday deal is actually WORSE than previous

Vitesacd

I've been waiting for the black friday deal to come out and it seems like no real deal will be happening this year. It's just the same 4 offers and they removed the OBC portion of it. Disappointed that they couldn't have added more perks for black friday :(. Does this usually happen or are the deals usually not too great?

I've been waiting for the black friday deal to come out and it seems like no real deal will be happening this year. It's just the same 4 offers and they removed the OBC portion of it. Disappointed that they couldn't have added more perks for black friday :(. Does this usually happen or are the deals usually not too great?

What other perks were you looking for?

well seeing as gratuities are 100% optional just don't give any to anyone! ;p

The DSC is charged to your account if you want a refund of that you have to submit a form after sailing. Obviously no other tips have to be given. That is an individual decision.

Candi

I was expecting free gratuities or free taxes or something like that. I know this applies for all deals, but it sucks that you have to pay for the more expensive room just to get the deals (i.e, guarantee rooms exclude the deals). It wasn't always like this and you are basically paying for the deals with the more expensive room.

I used it to book Alaska for Sep 2nd, 2018. Happy with the deal because I’ve been pricing it for the last few months and it only came with 2 free offers, now we have all 5, don’t have to choose which one is best. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I see the deal ends next Friday.... last year we booked on Cyber Monday and received OBC! Do you think they will have an even better deal for Cyber Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Says onsite it runs through Nov 30, which is past Cyber Monday (27th).

Doesn't mean it can't change, but I'm guessing it won't.

The so-called Black Friday deal appears to have many more applicable sailings. Wasn't the prior offer restricted to a handful of Caribbean dates? I'm seeing Europe, Panama, Alaska, Bermuda, etc.

The Bermuda sailings are only valid the first 2 sailings in May and September. I was excited to see Bermuda included and so disappointed when I clicked the link to see only 4 sailings.

Sales ... Deals ... with deadlines had been known to, and, extended and continued in the past. Sometimes, expanded while other times, re-defined to streamline what is and is not.

There is nothing in the rules book to say, someone at NCL recycle and renew the offers and deals, or, even enrich it by throwing in extras ... if sales or booking aren't meeting targets.

If you aren't sailing 90 to 120 days out (with the changes in cancellation deadlines) book it - cancel and/or rebook if a better one come along - or stick with it.

Glad I saw this thread. Last month, NCL added free extra guests to a cruise I booked (to Alaska) and the price dropped $900. With this promo, price remains the same (except for increase on drink gratuity), but it's all 5 deals.

No matter how many times someone repeats a non-truth as if it were fact or in order to convince others that their opinion is indeed fact , it is still a non-truth.

So when an online Travel Agent offers a Norwegian cruise with "Free Prepaid Gratuities" and pays the DSC for us, they're lying? Or just less knowledgeable about cruising than yourself? Please fill us in from the boundless depths of your insider knowledge.

So when an online Travel Agent offers a Norwegian cruise with "Free Prepaid Gratuities" and pays the DSC for us, they're lying? Or just less knowledgeable about cruising than yourself? Please fill us in from the boundless depths of your insider knowledge.

They're paying the DSC using part of their commission. So you can either get a very large OBC and pay the DSC yourself or get a smaller OBC and have it paid on behalf of the TA. Either way, win for the cruiser!

I was expecting free gratuities or free taxes or something like that. I know this applies for all deals, but it sucks that you have to pay for the more expensive room just to get the deals (i.e, guarantee rooms exclude the deals). It wasn't always like this and you are basically paying for the deals with the more expensive room.

Or book a suite and get all of the perks, plus a host of additional benefits ie preferred show seating, priority disembark at ports, etc.

Cruising is just like everything else in life - you get what you pay for. I'm sure NCL isn't expecting those that book rock bottom prices (ie guarantee cabins) to come onboard and spend like rockstars.

They're paying the DSC using part of their commission. So you can either get a very large OBC and pay the DSC yourself or get a smaller OBC and have it paid on behalf of the TA. Either way, win for the cruiser!

Oh, I agree. My post was responding to someone else who tried saying that the DSC is different from a gratuity. No, it's the same thing with a different name.

A TA can say whatever he wants to say. He could call the DSC a shore excursion fee but that does not make it one.

The fact remains that the DSC is what most people would consider a "tip" under a different name and somewhat different reporting rules for the employer. If you've paid the DSC, you need not worry about tips.