Just off Magic

crusinpsychRN

Just off my first diamond cruise on the Magic. The drive from the Tampa area to Pt. Canaveral was horrible! 5 hours, should have been 2 hrs 15 minutes which is what the return was. I4 was stop and go all the way.

I traveled solo and had a nice balcony cabin. Room stewardess was very good. I asked for twice a day but only had her do mornings as I just didn't need anything in the evening.

I only ate on Lido for dinners. Food was not hot. Nothing much worse than cold spaghetti. Breakfast was hot. Lunches also were not hot. The deli didn't have any plain white bread for a tuna sandwich.. "The menu was changed." Room service very quick, one slightly off order; the Philly steak had been delicious back in April, now it was horrible! Got $ refunded for that one.

Comedians were really good including Happy Cole and a guy whose name slips my mind (he used to work for Carnival entertainment. He was really the best PG I've ever seen.)

It rained in every port. Sometimes it was a deluge like in Cozumel and Roatan. People got soaked as it had looked nice out and they weren't prepared.

Not too many kids and the ones there were well behaved. Trivia was fun but hard to understand the guy with the French accent. He was so nice but had to repeat everything several times.

For being Diamond I got a dozen yummy cookies, a huge cheese plate and chocolate covered strawberries which I gave away. Also had a cocktail party with the Captain. I missed our fb group cocktail party I paid for! Forgot all about it!

Had 7 days of doing nothing much at all but read and people watch. Great time!

Now I prepare for Miracle in April.

Just off my first diamond cruise on the Magic. The drive from the Tampa area to Pt. Canaveral was horrible! 5 hours, should have been 2 hrs 15 minutes which is what the return was. I4 was stop and go all the way.

I traveled solo and had a nice balcony cabin. Room stewardess was very good. I asked for twice a day but only had her do mornings as I just didn't need anything in the evening.

I only ate on Lido for dinners. Food was not hot. Nothing much worse than cold spaghetti. Breakfast was hot. Lunches also were not hot. The deli didn't have any plain white bread for a tuna sandwich.. "The menu was changed." Room service very quick, one slightly off order; the Philly steak had been delicious back in April, now it was horrible! Got $ refunded for that one.

Comedians were really good including Happy Cole and a guy whose name slips my mind (he used to work for Carnival entertainment. He was really the best PG I've ever seen.)

It rained in every port. Sometimes it was a deluge like in Cozumel and Roatan. People got soaked as it had looked nice out and they weren't prepared.

Not too many kids and the ones there were well behaved. Trivia was fun but hard to understand the guy with the French accent. He was so nice but had to repeat everything several times.

For being Diamond I got a dozen yummy cookies, a huge cheese plate and chocolate covered strawberries which I gave away. Also had a cocktail party with the Captain. I missed our fb group cocktail party I paid for! Forgot all about it!

Had 7 days of doing nothing much at all but read and people watch. Great time!

Now I prepare for Miracle in April.

You received a dozen yummy cookies, a huge cheese plate and chocolate covered strawberries for being Diamond ? So tell us who you knew on the ship :D

The cheese plate which came with 10 blocks of different cheeses and crackers was my request instead of the strawberries but then I got those as well. The cookies are delicious.

They named and invited all 50 Diamonds on stage and took our picture which they gave us. Sky Master is there.

Hi Carol! Sounds like your cruise was pretty much like mine. I was disappointed in the entertainment, (WAY TOO LOUD), and the Fun Times noted activities that either didn't happen, or happened late. Then there was the activities that happened, but weren't noted in the Fun Times? (I don't know what's up with that ship, and their scheduling?) Entertainment Director "Calvin", most likely has a lot to do with it. I was told at the first Veterans Meeting, that there would be a much nicer one later in the week. Never happened? I was told on Thursday, that there would be more Karaoke on Friday. Nothing noted in the Fun Times,,,,,but it happened. Over all, food and service were just so-so. Cabin steward was the highlight of the cruise, and he and his crew did an excellent job. I did relax a lot, and took life easy for seven days. Would I sail "Magic" again? Only if "the price is right". I'm gettin' ready for "Paradise" in January. (One of my personal favorite ships.)

"SKY"

Oh yea,,,I didn't get my photo of the "Diamond" get together????? Guess they don't like me. LOL

Edited by SkyMaster
Additional info.

Hi Carol! Sounds like your cruise was pretty much like mine. I was disappointed in the entertainment, (WAY TOO LOUD), and the Fun Times noted activities that either didn't happen, or happened late. Then there was the activities that happened, but weren't noted in the Fun Times? (I don't know what's up with that ship, and their scheduling?) Entertainment Director "Calvin", most likely has a lot to do with it. I was told at the first Veterans Meeting, that there would be a much nicer one later in the week. Never happened? I was told on Thursday, that there would be more Karaoke on Friday. Nothing noted in the Fun Times,,,,,but it happened. Over all, food and service were just so-so. Cabin steward was the highlight of the cruise, and he and his crew did an excellent job. I did relax a lot, and took life easy for seven days. Would I sail "Magic" again? Only if "the price is right". I'm gettin' ready for "Paradise" in January. (One of my personal favorite ships.)

"SKY"

Oh yea,,,I didn't get my photo of the "Diamond" get together????? Guess they don't like me. LOL

The pic is nice. Too bad you didn't get it.

I am just off Magic too, sorry I didn't get to meet you Carol.

We had rain in Cozumel where we did the bar hop and Roatan after we were at the beach a while. We stayed on the ship for Belize and Costa Maya but were out on deck and had sunshine? Glad we stayed on the ship in that case!

The P/D party had the WORST appetizers ever. One was some kind of rice patty and the other was a small pastry cup filled with an unknown white sauce and a piece of shrimp. Awful.

We haven't seen much of anything at the P/D party worth eating. drinks are still plentiful, though weird to have a cooler filled with beer at the entrance, but that probably makes it easier on the bartenders.

The P/D party had the WORST appetizers ever. One was some kind of rice patty and the other was a small pastry cup filled with an unknown white sauce and a piece of shrimp. Awful.

Missed meeting you Carol, although we did meet "SkyMaster" (aka Ken). Agree with your assessment of P/D party, the apps were awful and only 2 kinds that we saw and both were terrible....I guess if you drank enough one wouldn't have known??? Drinks were plentiful but quite weak!! It only rained in Cozumel as I remember it, and we did get soaked. We took a ferry across to Playa and the ride back was one NOT to remember.....lots of seasickness from the extremely rough water on the crossing back....ugghhh! The weather the second half of the trip was definitely better and beautiful. Have fun on the Paradise - and hope it is BETTER for you as a "Diamond" pax!!!!