MSC, brochures & other stuff

nocaper

For some reason, I can't seem to reply to the other threads, so decided to start a new one!

I've only done one MSC cruise and thought perhaps I would not receive a brochure. I went to the site and received the new brochure a couple weeks ago. If those of you on the "other side of the pond" are having problems, maybe I should get your addresses and send it on to you! LOL Maybe I have incredibly good luck ( I KNOW that's not true) or ?????

Now as to the reviews of the Lirica. I know nuhomes was very negative in his review. He was very vocal on this board and then seemed to disappear. I read his comments prior to our Lirica cruise and decided to go for it. I am SO glad I did. We had a great time on a beautiful ship. The crew was attentive. There was one meal (in 11days) that I didn't care for. I would do the Lirica again in a heart beat.

Expect to have a good time, respect the crew and you will have a wonderful cruise.

Happy sailing!

Yo nocaper-

Funny that you brought this up - we received ours today!!

March seems SO far away - I want to go NOW!!

FYI - Skywatch has raised the openers for the Caribb eleven day sailings to $620!! (when I got ours it opened at $1)-

My guess is that the management team is starting to kick in and make their presence felt in the income stream-

Anyway we got our bargain - so we are set for now-

You going to join us on March 31st??

Hope so-

Happy Cruisin'

Mike

Guest Anorak33

Nocaper - maybe the reason you could not reply is that the thread was locked? But I don't see a little padlock by the thread in the list, just a little paperclip whatever that means.

I have got the shakes about going on a ship/cruiseline for the first time. Maybe it's a senior moment. I have booked 6 months in advance - normally its 6 days and no time to worry.

I like HAL - no getting away from it - and one thing I really like on HAL which for example you don't get on the otherwise pretty much equal Princess is freshly squeezed orange juice.

But I keep reading how awful the OJ is on Lirica.

I realize the answer is to take my own Tropicana and keep it in the fridge - I believe there is a fridge in every cabin? The longest we will be on seadays is 5 days so the OJ should keep that long.

I will add the OJ to the Marmite and Frank Coopers Oxford marmalade which accompanies me on every cruise except on QE2 - where they always have it easily available.

Oh no - I read somewhere there was no toast available on Lirica - surely that cannot be true? Nothing to spread the Frank Coopers on?

At this rate I will be on ***** soon.

Hi guys!

I know the feeling, Mike! Have a cruise scheduled for December and THAT seems like forever to wait! Will probably do April 11 on the Lirica rather than do the same ports again. Have you seen the entertainment line up? If not, I'll dig it out and let you know who will be playing for your cruise.

Anorak...I know I had toast but didn't think I ate so much that they had none left!! Can't tell you about the OJ. I can't drink it, unfortunately. Never thought about taking along my raspberry curd, but now I will! And forget the *****. Sounds more like a Xanax moment!!

Happy sailing!

Archived