Magic in Belize -How long does it take to get on a tender?

We will be on the Magic in April. We will stop in Belize. Our cruise is almost sold out. I realized there is a lot of variables at play, but what time might I be able to take a tender if I am in line first thing. I know that suites, fttf, vifp status, and carnival tours go first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You and your party need to get in line to get tender tickets first. Everyone in the party will need to be there to get their tickets. Other than that, you're right, many variables will decide when you can get on the tender.

Tendering to the port usually takes about 20 minutes, but it takes about 20 minutes to fill up the boats, too, then unload. Expect at least a half hour from the moment you get on to getting off.

As far was waiting in line, don't do that. You will be standing in a long line that wraps around the entire floor (Deck 1 or Deck 2) for an hour at least. Just wait, if you don't have an excursion rushing you. The boats hold at least 200-300 people each, and they will have at least 2 filling up at all times, then another pulls up immediately after one leaves. It will go like that for a couple of hours at least.

If you have a Carnival excursion you will meet in the theatre, as stated on your tickets, and will be lead to a tender together. If you DO NOT have a Carnival excursion, but an independent excursion, you will find out from Guest Services where to meet to get a tender ticket to get you on an earlier one. The other people, standing in the long long lines down the hall will go last.

Just a heads up....

Tendering to the port usually takes about 20 minutes, but it takes about 20 minutes to fill up the boats, too, then unload. Expect at least a half hour from the moment you get on to getting off.

As far was waiting in line, don't do that. You will be standing in a long line that wraps around the entire floor (Deck 1 or Deck 2) for an hour at least. Just wait, if you don't have an excursion rushing you. The boats hold at least 200-300 people each, and they will have at least 2 filling up at all times, then another pulls up immediately after one leaves. It will go like that for a couple of hours at least.

If you have a Carnival excursion you will meet in the theatre, as stated on your tickets, and will be lead to a tender together. If you DO NOT have a Carnival excursion, but an independent excursion, you will find out from Guest Services where to meet to get a tender ticket to get you on an earlier one. The other people, standing in the long long lines down the hall will go last.

Just a heads up....

Thanks for the info. We do have a private tour booked and hoping to get off ASAP. We will be there early for a ticket.

No rush...Belize is not an Island I would rush to get a tender for. We always stay on the ship.

If you are talking about Belize City yes, stay on the ship. However, Ambergris Cay is spectacular, especially if you are onto snorkeling or diving. Belize has the second largest barrier reef. The beaches are pristine. So to your question, Really? Yes, really it's beautiful

All I can say is good luck.

Out of the I think 5 cruises now where Belize was one our ports of call, we've been there twice. Almost every single time, we get there and within 30 min or so of arrival, the captain will come on and announce that for whatever reason (it varies. Usually has to do with the sea being too rough to allow safe boarding of tender boats), we're not actually going to be allowed to board the tender boats. At some point the boat will turn around and we'll head off to..wherever.

Watching people lose their minds over a missed port stop can be hilarious, though. :D

All I can say is good luck.

Out of the I think 5 cruises now where Belize was one our ports of call, we've been there twice. Almost every single time, we get there and within 30 min or so of arrival, the captain will come on and announce that for whatever reason (it varies. Usually has to do with the sea being too rough to allow safe boarding of tender boats), we're not actually going to be allowed to board the tender boats. At some point the boat will turn around and we'll head off to..wherever.

Watching people lose their minds over a missed port stop can be hilarious, though. :D

I've heard about this, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can get ashore in May so we can go see Mayan ruins for the first time. But, if we can't, oh well, there will be future cruises and It'll give me an excuse to go play penny slots with my refund :D

mexicobob wasn't kidding either. The last time we were actually able to go to Belize, we stood in line for well over an hour waiting to get back on a tender because of how many ships there were in port that day. It was a frigging nightmare and provided we actually GET to go to Belize on our next cruise, we're probably not even getting off the boat because of that.

My experience this past summer on the Dream was pretty good. Those with Carnival excursions or plat/diamond were called first. Then the rest of us were called to line up for tickets. We were worried because we had an early private excursion, but even with 2 kids in tow making us move slowly, we were on like the 3rd tender & made our excursion with time to spare.

Oh and when it was time to go back, it was only a few minute's wait before we got a tender. Maybe we were lucky.