Water on board

Bennybluehat

What is the policy of taking your own bottled water onboard Queen Mary 2?

Unless you some special medicinal water. Why not just bring a couple of booties and refill in the buffet as required.

I never have fiquied out why people pay $19 a gallon for water.

Unless you some special medicinal water. Why not just bring a couple of booties and refill in the buffet as required.

My 90-year-old mother’s ankles swell whenever she drinks water on any cruise ship (Regent, HAL, Seabourn, Celebrity). That does not happen at home so she only drinks bottled water when she is cruising. I also would like to know what the policy is on bringing cases of bottled water. HAL allows it.

No problems at all ! (take as much as you want) .......I take dozens of the small bottles onboard (when ever I embark at Southampton) Always handy to hydrate my self throughout the day after a heavy night in the G32/ yacht club.

Just as long as you are not sticking your water bottle 'directly under the water spout'! or even still, keeping others waiting in line ,whilst you transfer water from a paper cup into your bottle several times.

My 90-year-old mother’s ankles swell whenever she drinks water on any cruise ship (Regent, HAL, Seabourn, Celebrity). That does not happen at home so she only drinks bottled water when she is cruising. I also would like to know what the policy is on bringing cases of bottled water. HAL allows it.

Have you tried a water bottle with the built in filter. There are several different ones on the market. The water purification systems on the cruise ships may leave a certain amount of salt or some other chemicals in the water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you tried a water bottle with the built in filter. There are several different ones on the market. The water purification systems on the cruise ships may leave a certain amount of salt or some other chemicals in the water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ships distillation doesn’t leave I any salt in the water. I had a similar issue on board. I tracked it down to two things.

1 the food has a lot more added salt . Eat low or no salt diet. They will do this for you.

2 the amount of walked ng is more than many people do at home. I figured out that I walked about 2 miles a day on board. Normally I do about half mile a day at home.

3 more alchpl is consumed on a daily basis

This just what I found for myself but apply for many especially older people.

My wife definitely does not like to use the ships water made on board for drinking.

I personally don't mind the water made on the ship.

We always have several bottles (Evian) in the cabin for drinking and also for dental reasons.

She just doesn't care for the scent of chloride in the processed water when it's present.

So instead of carrying like others water on board, we purchase it on board thru the room steward since we always have on board credit.

IMHO........Luggage is enough to bring onboard.

My wife definitely does not like to use the ships water made on board for drinking.

I personally don't mind the water made on the ship.

We always have several bottles (Evian) in the cabin for drinking and also for dental reasons.

She just doesn't care for the scent of chloride in the processed water when it's present.

So instead of carrying like others water on board, we purchase it on board thru the room steward since we always have on board credit.

IMHO........Luggage is enough to bring onboard.

She must have trouble twith ap water everywhere. All cities in the US and Canada , maybe also Europe , Australia , New Zealand , add chlorine to thir water.

Mom only drinks hot tea at home or wherever and just uses tap water unless she’s on a ship. Whenever she’s on a cruise and it’s made with bottled water her feet don’t swell. If it’s made with ship’s tap water, they swell. It can’t be the additional salt in the food since if she drinks her tea using bottled water, they don’t swell. It’s the weirdest thing but at least we finally figured out how to prevent her feet from swelling!

This has happened on Regent, Seabourn, Celebrity and Holland America. She will drink the ship’s water for the first day and her feet always swell. Then she switches to bottled water and they’re fine the rest of the cruise!

She must have trouble twith ap water everywhere. All cities in the US and Canada , maybe also Europe , Australia , New Zealand , add chlorine to thir water.

The processing of city tap water is not the same as on a ship.

Certain times we detected a certain chorine taste during our sailings when the city water they take on at ports has been depeated.

City water has a more balanced processing. Certain times in NYC when street water pipes are worked on, extra chlorine is added as a precaution.

So there are difference that can be detected...

No problems at all ! (take as much as you want) .......I take dozens of the small bottles onboard (when ever I embark at Southampton) Always handy to hydrate my self throughout the day after a heavy night in the G32/ yacht club.

Do you mark cases of water with your name and cabin number and leave it with the porter on the pier? Also wondering if you can do the same with a case of wine to drink in the dining room. I know it may be totally inappropriate, but guidance appreciated. Looking forward to some advice on this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums