Oceania Happy Hour ?? Questions

curtdesilets

England and Wales have smaller measures than we have in Scotland 25ml to our 35ml single measure.

Not sure about your Canada saying tiny drinks. I find that just not true. Fake news lol. But I live in Alberta, and cowboys and oiled workers like their portions man size.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

England and Wales have smaller measures than we have in Scotland 25ml to our 35ml single measure.

I’ll have a triple please.

I believe airplane bottles are 50 ml. I usually have a double.

I’ll have a triple please.

I believe airplane bottles are 50 ml. I usually have a double.

My liver nor myself would not be able cope with such large amounts of alcohol. [emoji22] and I thought us Scots were hardened drinkers? [emoji23][emoji23] slange ja var 🥂

Don't you also find that both the glasses and the dinner plates that we all use at home are much bigger theses days? I have some wine glasses that belonged to my parents and they look positively tiny compared to the ones I use now.

Returning to Happy Hour, if I order a Big O Martini during HH it comes in a special glass, which I think is a bit bigger, but one time when I ordered one after returning late from an excursion and outside of HH not only did I get the martini glass but the waitress left the cocktail shaker too, which contained yet more Big O Martini! I don't know if this usually happens or whether she thought I needed it!! I also wondered if they were trying to promote the cocktail shakers which are for sale.

Anyone else had the shaker and glass combo served?

I'm looking forward to a Martini tasting session on my next cruise. A girl has to keep up with current trends, don't you think?

Maybe that's why so many of us are over our normal BMI.

On the Marina recently we were told by the server that the HH drinks were 1 1/2 size.

I usually get wine & the size is the same as not during HH

DH get G & T looks & tastes the same as an afternoon one by the pool :confused:

It looks like that recipe is calling for 3 ounces of alcohol, I wonder if they use that much on board when they make them.

I hope so as I quite fancy trying one onboard. [emoji484][emoji483]it’s not on the happy hour menu as far as I can remember. 🤷🏻*♀️[emoji853]

The Big O martini is wonderfully delicious and is included during happy hour.

Brilliant thanks for letting me know it’s included. so I’m going to have one well two this time next week at happy hour! [emoji484][emoji484]

It looks like that recipe is calling for 3 ounces of alcohol, I wonder if they use that much on board when they make them.

Of course..... ORV Thats how they make money selling $35 worth of booze for $12.... I mean that is, if you beleive To quote W.C. Fields " Never give a sucker an even break"

File this with other true things:

The check is in the mail

this Mortgage is assumable....... ( and a few other I wont's, I promise, I can not repeat)

By the way, I just cam across some magic beans!!!.... scouts honor!!!,, I have a few I can sell to CCers, but you have to act quick..... please cash only.....I just know they are

Brilliant thanks for letting me know it’s included. so I’m going to have one well two this time next week at happy hour! [emoji484][emoji484]

Do you play Rugby? You might brush up on some moves that will benefit you in happy hour....

You may or may not get 2 for 1 Martinis

see exclusions to HH at the bottom left

Now you may get a bartender that will ignore the rules & maybe not

If you have the Prestige package it is a moot point

you can have as many as you like ;)

i-NNZ9NjH-XL.jpg

Uaually when you order they will bring one drink then when you are ready for the 2nd they will bring it ..no need to sit with 4 drinks & look like drunks ;)

Re: Happy Hour

Is it the same on all Oceania ships?

I have often wondered what authority monitors liquor on cruise ships. Once at sea anything can occur, of course, but in port does anyone board to check?

What would they be checking?? :confused: