Breakfast in stateroom, is it still hot?

hillsprint

We are on Riviera in a Concierge Veranda in late August, for our first Oceania cruise. In the past, on occasion, we have ordered breakfast via room service. On thing we noticed on HAL was that the hot plates arrived stil hot, due to a hot metal disc they had under the plate.

Do the breakfasts on O arrive with sufficient heat retained ?

We are on Riviera in a Concierge Veranda in late August, for our first Oceania cruise. In the past, on occasion, we have ordered breakfast via room service. On thing we noticed on HAL was that the hot plates arrived stil hot, due to a hot metal disc they had under the plate.

Do the breakfasts on O arrive with sufficient heat retained ?

We have always been in a PH and the breakfast has been pretty hot. Don't know how they do it but it is O.K. :):):)

We have always been in a PH and the breakfast has been pretty hot. Don't know how they do it but it is O.K. :):):)

There are kitchenettes on every deck for breakfast prep. How do we know? On one cruise, our cabin was directly across from one, and we were awakened the first morning around 6 am by the rattle of glassware and the constant slamming of the door. (We were able dampen the noise by stuffing a towel beneath our cabin door before going to bed each night). :-)

There are kitchenettes on every deck for breakfast prep. How do we know? On one cruise, our cabin was directly across from one, and we were awakened the first morning around 6 am by the rattle of glassware and the constant slamming of the door. (We were able dampen the noise by stuffing a towel beneath our cabin door before going to bed each night). :-)

I can see that they would do coffee and stuff like there, but are you saying the have someone on each floor cooking actual entrees? If you smelled stuff being cooked, what you're saying would be more convincing. Just hearing glassware rattling, not so much.

I can see that they would do coffee and stuff like there, but are you saying the have someone on each floor cooking actual entrees? If you smelled stuff being cooked, what you're saying would be more convincing. Just hearing glassware rattling, not so much.

They prepare coffee and things that get cold quickly (such as toast) in the Deck Pantries, the bacon and eggs come from the galley.

The Suites above Penthouse Level have pantry closets built into them to enable in Suite dining.

They prepare coffee and things that get cold quickly (such as toast) in the Deck Pantries, the bacon and eggs come from the galley.

The Suites above Penthouse Level have pantry closets built into them to enable in Suite dining.

The biggest problem for in "suite" dining is in a concierge cabin, your not in a suite Unless breakfast is a coffee and a roll !!!.

If your not Billy Barty or a Munchkin, you might find it rather "cozy". in any cabin below a penthouse or Oceania/ suite. Pass the toast...its over on the bed by the salt and pepper.

Terrace is much more pleasurable

Stan and Jim, please clarify your comment about the suites above penthouse level having a built in pantry closet for in suite dining. I've only sailed on the Marina and Riviera but don't recall seeing them. Toast happens to be my pet peeve about breakfast in the cabin--it is almost always like cardboard and not hot in my few experiences. Thank you.

Stan and Jim, please clarify your comment about the suites above penthouse level having a built in pantry closet for in suite dining. I've only sailed on the Marina and Riviera but don't recall seeing them. Toast happens to be my pet peeve about breakfast in the cabin--it is almost always like cardboard and not hot in my few experiences. Thank you.

The funny thing is that you would not see the In-Suite Pantry Closets, even if you were sailing in an OVO Suite (Owners, Vista & Oceania Suites), because they are ingeniously built into the walls, such that they are almost completely indiscernible to the passenger.

Even after I saw where they were, five minutes later, I was unable to locate them.

Having to stuff a towel under a doorway is not an "upscale" experience IMO, either.

When this happened to us we called reception to tell about excessive door slamming. It stopped immediately and we never heard the slamming again

The funny thing is that you would not see the In-Suite Pantry Closets, even if you were sailing in an OVO Suite (Owners, Vista & Oceania Suites), because they are ingeniously built into the walls, such that they are almost completely indiscernible to the passenger.

Even after I saw where they were, five minutes later, I was unable to locate them.

Than how did the butler find them? I did not see them.

When this happened to us we called reception to tell about excessive door slamming. It stopped immediately and we never heard the slamming again

That was me, as I was right down the hall from you. I also knocked on your door every morning around 7, because I knew you liked to sleep in. EEYEO:evilsmile: