Conseirge vs Veranda Riviera

westmount

A cabins

hot breakfast

can order from GDR from lunch & dinner menus

bottle of champagne

3 free bags of laundry (20 items per bag)

book Specialties sooner than B cabins

access to spa deck & T pool

earlier boarding time

4 free pressings

full list @

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/suites-staterooms/concierge-level-veranda-stateroom/

depends on if the extras are worth it to YOU

Simple question.

Is there any service differences or real room amenities that comes with an A type room vs a B type room The cost is a couple hundred bucks each, but nor sure if this is more marketing than upgrade?

We had a B-1 in Jan. It was excellent. The Concierge level rooms are the same, outside of a "better" part of the ship(more centrally located) Basically, you'll get priority boarding. Considering the amount of pax, it's not a big deal. You will get access to your room before the B level rooms. You'll have a concierge lounge & attendant there to help you with anything you might need. You get afternoon Canapés delivered as well & embarkation lunch in the GDR. Your bedding materials will be a little more upscale. If this sounds like a good deal, then go for it, if not then skip it. I'm basing my opinion on the Riviera.

. You get afternoon Canapés delivered as well & embarkation lunch in the GDR. .

Never had Canapes delivered nor lunch in the GDR on embarkation day :confused:

Were you a VIP ??

We had a B-1 in Jan. It was excellent. The Concierge level rooms are the same, outside of a "better" part of the ship(more centrally located) Basically, you'll get priority boarding. Considering the amount of pax, it's not a big deal. You will get access to your room before the B level rooms. You'll have a concierge lounge & attendant there to help you with anything you might need. You get afternoon Canapés delivered as well & embarkation lunch in the GDR. Your bedding materials will be a little more upscale. If this sounds like a good deal, then go for it, if not then skip it. I'm basing my opinion on the Riviera.

Has this changed recently? Last spring we did not receive canapés, nor was the GDR open on embarkation day???? I think you meant penthouse for canapés, and I am not sure if GDR is ever open on embarkation day. On Riviera, if you do a back to back, we were offered a special lunch in Jacques, but that was ALL passengers on the back to back. The A and B cabins have central locations available and are the exact same size. It’s the amenities that were mentioned by LHT28 that would mean the difference.

Thank you everyone for such quick replies. I'll stick to the B suites for now.

Concierge A on Riviera and Marina don't have the several available extended balconies that are B3. IMO, those B3s are worth more than any A and are cheaper.

To each his/her own.

We chose the Concierge cabin for upcoming (and our first) Oceania cruise. Time will tell if it was the right decision for us.

We did this based on experiences on other lines. First was the Concierge lounge. I very much appreciate not having to either call room service or compete with hundreds of other pax at the barista bar for a cup of coffee. Both times we sailed on a HAL ship, we made good use of the Neptune lounge for both the coffee and the concierge. Second was the 3 bags of laundry. I've run up pretty hefty laundry charges on other lines. I've also tried using the passenger laundry on other lines, and playing washer/dryer roulette is not enjoyable for me, particularly on a very port-intensive cruise like the one we are sailing on. What we save on laundry charges will likely come within $100 of paying for the upgrade.

Like Flatbush Flyer said, "to each his own". For us, this grade of cabin looks like it makes sense. We'll find out in about 70 days.

Has this changed recently? Last spring we did not receive canapés, nor was the GDR open on embarkation day???? I think you meant penthouse for canapés, and I am not sure if GDR is ever open on embarkation day. On Riviera, if you do a back to back, we were offered a special lunch in Jacques, but that was ALL passengers on the back to back. The A and B cabins have central locations available and are the exact same size. It’s the amenities that were mentioned by LHT28 that would mean the difference.

I think I might be wrong on the Canapés, but there were pax eating in the GDR & I was told(by the staff) it was the suites & Concierge.

That's what I think as well. On our May Riviera cruise we were "invited" to lunch in the GDR between our two legs. (And we did NOT need to leave the ship during the day.) We WERE in a suite, but I'm not sure that only suite passengers doing a B2B get this privilege.

It's an interesting question.

Mura

That's what I think as well. On our May Riviera cruise we were "invited" to lunch in the GDR between our two legs. (And we did NOT need to leave the ship during the day.) We WERE in a suite, but I'm not sure that only suite passengers doing a B2B get this privilege.

Mura

We have had this many times and only suite guesses on the b/b’s were invited. There have been as few as eight people attend and it is always a very special lunch.

Mura

On our B2B in 2016 we were invited the the GDR for lunch on Turnaround day

we were not in a suite

We have had this many times and only suite guesses on the b/b’s were invited. There have been as few as eight people attend and it is always a very special lunch.

Interesting. On our B2B last May there were LOTS of people in the GDR. But given that both legs were 7+8 days, perhaps there were lots of people staying on. We had lots on our 2 leg trip but there were also a number of people who were doing three of the legs ... some starting before our two, some continuing on later.

From what Lyn said subsequent to orchestrapal, it may depend on the number of people involved ... Just a guess.

I was hoping for a luncheon in Jacques, which is the first time I heard this happening ... no such luck! But the GDR was lovely.

Mura

We were invited to the GDR on turnaround day during our Miami - Tahiti grand voyage.

We weren't in a suite either.

I think this is so the B2B cruisers can avoid the hub bub of embarkation day in the Terrace & have a nice quiet enjoyable lunch

JMO

I think what's happening is that some cruisers are getting Oceania's amenities confused with Celebrity's. Celebrity has both afternoon canapes and a embarkation lunch in the MDR. I'm pretty sure Oceania has neither as a CC perk.

I've also been in the MDR on embarkation day on multiple occasions on B2B. (not in suites either). The best was the time a fellow had just boarded and insisted that he was going to eat in there. The Maitre d was polite but firm and after a bit the fellow left without being served.