Buck Island Excursion vendors?

mitsugirly

I am aware of: Big Beards, Caribbean Sea Adventure and Jolly Roger that do a day trip to Buck Island and snorkeling...however, I'm having a heck of a time booking with any of them.

Caribbean Sea Adv. says they are booked. I've tried calling the other 2 and have left messages and still nothing. I don't understand why these places have NO EMAIL or a way to contact them other than calling international??? What the heck!

Are there any other vendors out there that go here? I know the above are the ones that support the National Park, but I feel like I'm not getting anywhere and need to look at other options. :(

I am aware of: Big Beards, Caribbean Sea Adventure and Jolly Roger that do a day trip to Buck Island and snorkeling...however, I'm having a heck of a time booking with any of them.

Caribbean Sea Adv. says they are booked. I've tried calling the other 2 and have left messages and still nothing. I don't understand why these places have NO EMAIL or a way to contact them other than calling international??? What the heck!

Are there any other vendors out there that go here? I know the above are the ones that support the National Park, but I feel like I'm not getting anywhere and need to look at other options. :(

We used Big Beards and they were fantastic. Per their website this is their email: info@bigbeards.com

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We used Big Beards and they were fantastic. Per their website this is their email: info@bigbeards.com

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hmm, I don't know why I couldn't find one on their website. All I found was to call them. I did google their email and it did come up and they just answered today.

Which tour did you take? Half day or full day?

They said that we could do either and that they would make sure that if we did the full day, they would have taxi's waiting to take us back to the port as soon as we got there (at 3:30!!!!). They said it was a 30 minute ride back to the port, so even IF we ran right off the boat and to the taxi, and there wasn't much traffic out on the way back, it would be 4-4:30pm I'm guessing. Sail away is at 5pm and I'm not sure what time all aboard it. I'm a little nervous about this!

Hmm, I don't know why I couldn't find one on their website. All I found was to call them. I did google their email and it did come up and they just answered today.

Which tour did you take? Half day or full day?

They said that we could do either and that they would make sure that if we did the full day, they would have taxi's waiting to take us back to the port as soon as we got there (at 3:30!!!!). They said it was a 30 minute ride back to the port, so even IF we ran right off the boat and to the taxi, and there wasn't much traffic out on the way back, it would be 4-4:30pm I'm guessing. Sail away is at 5pm and I'm not sure what time all aboard it. I'm a little nervous about this!

We did the half day because I am a chicken about cutting things too close and we wanted to explore Christiensted. We really enjoyed it and also would have liked the full day even more...this was a few years ago and I wasn't as adventurous as I am now.

If sail away is 5 then all aboard will be 4:30 so you will have a little time to spare.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

We did the half day because I am a chicken about cutting things too close and we wanted to explore Christiensted. We really enjoyed it and also would have liked the full day even more...this was a few years ago and I wasn't as adventurous as I am now.

If sail away is 5 then all aboard will be 4:30 so you will have a little time to spare.

Well, I'm pretty adventurous, however...that's cutting it very close it seems like to me. I don't know what to do. :o

What did you do in Christiensted?

I assume if we didn't do the full day that the only thing we would be missing out on would be the bbq meal they provide back on the main land at a secluded beach correct? I wonder if the snorkeling and Buck Island times spent there are the same?

Well, I'm pretty adventurous, however...that's cutting it very close it seems like to me. I don't know what to do. :o

What did you do in Christiensted?

I assume if we didn't do the full day that the only thing we would be missing out on would be the bbq meal they provide back on the main land at a secluded beach correct? I wonder if the snorkeling and Buck Island times spent there are the same?

I don't know what the difference is. There is not that much in Christiansted but a couple of neat local jewelers. We saw what we wanted in about an hour. I have read where some go to the fort. We went back and walked around Fredericksted and the day was over. I don't know what we missed but do know we really enjoyed our time with Big Beards.

I'll try to help with this but first I have to ask what the heck you mean about calling international? Your profile says you are from Ohio (so is my wife coincidentally) and 340 is a US area code, incidentally they also have an 866 number that should be toll-free anywhere in the country. What number were you calling??

I'll try to help with this but first I have to ask what the heck you mean about calling international? Your profile says you are from Ohio (so is my wife coincidentally) and 340 is a US area code, incidentally they also have an 866 number that should be toll-free anywhere in the country. What number were you calling??

When I tried to call from a landline, it said I was unable to make international calls from that phone. When I called using my cell, once the call was completed it said there would be an additional charge for international calls.

I did finally get an email back from Big Beards, but after several messages left for Jolly Roger...still nothing. I was also able to find an email for Jolly Roger and it came back and undeliverable.

My problem with BB is that they ONLY have a full day sail available for the day I'm there. They said they return to their place by 3:30pm and will have taxi's waiting to rush us off to the port. Our all aboard time is 4:30 and they said it's a half hour drive to the port. This makes me VERY nervous with possible traffic issues or anything else that could go wrong. They did say there are several others from the ship on that tour and they always get passengers back in time. I just wished they had a 1/2 day tour available. They said they use a speed boat for the 1/2 day and a sail boat for the full day. I would think it would be the other way around to get people from a full day back in time. :o

What are you thoughts on a full day sail Drake?

When I tried to call from a landline, it said I was unable to make international calls from that phone. When I called using my cell, once the call was completed it said there would be an additional charge for international calls.

I did finally get an email back from Big Beards, but after several messages left for Jolly Roger...still nothing. I was also able to find an email for Jolly Roger and it came back and undeliverable.

My problem with BB is that they ONLY have a full day sail available for the day I'm there. They said they return to their place by 3:30pm and will have taxi's waiting to rush us off to the port. Our all aboard time is 4:30 and they said it's a half hour drive to the port. This makes me VERY nervous with possible traffic issues or anything else that could go wrong. They did say there are several others from the ship on that tour and they always get passengers back in time. I just wished they had a 1/2 day tour available. They said they use a speed boat for the 1/2 day and a sail boat for the full day. I would think it would be the other way around to get people from a full day back in time. :o

What are you thoughts on a full day sail Drake?

That is so weird! My mother-in-law calls us from Toledo every week with no issues.

Anyway, I completely get your nervousness about a full-day sail but I have complete faith in Captain Mike and the Renegade crew. If my choice was a full-day with Big Beards or a half-day with someone else I would still take the chance with Big Beards.

Also, if they really do drop you at the boardwalk at 3:30 you should have no trouble making it back to the cruise ship by 4-4:10pm.

Take the chance and enjoy it!

Something else to take note of, we really REALLY do operate on island time down here. It's not unusual to wait 2 weeks or more for a response from a company you are trying to do business with. In fact, I had my generator serviced at my house 3 weeks ago and they just got around to calling me back to pay for it yesterday.

Just relax and roll with it, everything irie.

That is so weird! My mother-in-law calls us from Toledo every week with no issues.

Anyway, I completely get your nervousness about a full-day sail but I have complete faith in Captain Mike and the Renegade crew. If my choice was a full-day with Big Beards or a half-day with someone else I would still take the chance with Big Beards.

Also, if they really do drop you at the boardwalk at 3:30 you should have no trouble making it back to the cruise ship by 4-4:10pm.

Take the chance and enjoy it!

Something else to take note of, we really REALLY do operate on island time down here. It's not unusual to wait 2 weeks or more for a response from a company you are trying to do business with. In fact, I had my generator serviced at my house 3 weeks ago and they just got around to calling me back to pay for it yesterday.

Just relax and roll with it, everything irie.

Thank you SO MUCH Drake! I went ahead and booked with Big Beards. I just needed to hear that you felt confident that it would be ok and we would get back in time. Now it's time for us to enjoy a beautiful day in St Croix! :D

• 4 months later...
Thank you SO MUCH Drake! I went ahead and booked with Big Beards. I just needed to hear that you felt confident that it would be ok and we would get back in time. Now it's time for us to enjoy a beautiful day in St Croix! :D
mitsugirly, how did it work out for you? Looking to go there in December but our sail away is 4:00 with 3:30 all aboard time. Almost positive we're looking at a half day sail at 9:00. That should give us some time to look around the boardwalk area and have plenty of time to get back to the ship. Thoughts anyone?

mitsugirly, how did it work out for you? Looking to go there in December but our sail away is 4:00 with 3:30 all aboard time. Almost positive we're looking at a half day sail at 9:00. That should give us some time to look around the boardwalk area and have plenty of time to get back to the ship. Thoughts anyone?

It did not work out well. I would highly suggest NOT to do a full day sail when in port. We didn't have a choice because the half day sails were all booked up.