Avomine is being discontinued

https://www.superdrug.com/Avomine/Avomine-25mg-tablets-28s/p/464650

Available here in U.K.

Active ingredient promethazine theoclate

So the UK Avomine is the same as the discontinued Aussie one. I have looked at buying the UK Avomine on line, but I don't have to hurry because I have some left from my last purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
We bought some Bonine onboard EOS and will do so next time - no avomine available anywhere so I’ll get some Kwells and phenergan, and hope for the best. The bonine onboard was expensive but worth it.

You don't even need to buy it, go to the medical centre, they have a box on the counter for people to take some.

• 3 months later...
On 9/13/2018 at 5:34 PM, Aus Traveller said:

So the UK Avomine is the same as the discontinued Aussie one. I have looked at buying the UK Avomine on line, but I don't have to hurry because I have some left from my last purchase.

On 9/13/2018 at 5:24 PM, Darcy15 said:

https://www.superdrug.com/Avomine/Avomine-25mg-tablets-28s/p/464650

Available here in U.K.

Active ingredient promethazine theoclate

Hi just wondering if you need a prescription to buy it in the UK or can just get over the counter at a Boots or something?  Thanks

4 hours ago, #cruiseaddict said:

Hi just wondering if you need a prescription to buy it in the UK or can just get over the counter at a Boots or something?  Thanks

I cannot answer this for sure, but it is likely to be over the counter. Maybe enquire at the UK 'general discussion' section of this forum called The Pub.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:54 PM, aussiedisneyfan said:

You don't even need to buy it, go to the medical centre, they have a box on the counter for people to take some.

Yes, it is also available at guest services. I like to have a supply of good quality meds because one of my kids gets carsick which is partly why I bought the bonine onboard. 

Aussies if you’re in NZ stock up on ‘sealegs’ it is the same as bonine and able to be brought into Australia. 

The first time I bought Avomine was at the Guest Services desk after it was recommended by the medical centre - they wouldn't give me the injection to stop seasickness unless I had taken Avomine and then found it didn't work. It did. I didn't mind the cost at the time, but it was $15 for 5 tablets. I bought the next lot at Chemist Warehouse - 30 tablets for $9.60.

38 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I used Phernergan on our cruise to NZ in November. It worked very well for me, perhaps even a little better than Avomine.

Leigh

That's good to know. I was told by my doctor (and also a doctor on the ship I went to Antarctica on) that Phenergan and Avomine are the same. I haven't had to try Phenergan yet. 🙂

21 hours ago, CupcakeSusie said:

Yes, it is also available at guest services. I like to have a supply of good quality meds because one of my kids gets carsick which is partly why I bought the bonine onboard. 

Aussies if you’re in NZ stock up on ‘sealegs’ it is the same as bonine and able to be brought into Australia. 

Hi CupcakeSusie,

I use Bonine - works a treat - but have to pick it up while on a cruise ship or on EBay. So bought some Sealegs while in NZ then checked ingredients;

Bonine tablets contain 25% meclizine (the anti nausea drug)

Sealegs contain 12.5% meclizine 

So to get the same result, I needed twice as many 🤔 and still need to buy online. 

It is great to know that there is a local product that will do the job though isn’t it?  So it’s a fallback for me after Bonine 👍

Rose

Edited by Porky55