Buenos Aires - EZE to AEP Transfer

donaldsc

I am doing an Antarctica cruise.

My flight from the USA gets into EZE at 9:20 AM. I am hoping to get a flight out of AEP at 3:35 PM. If I miss the flight to Ushuaia, this is not too much of a problem as I could sleep over in Buenos Aires and get a flight to Ushuaia the next day and still make the cruise.

Returning, I get into AEP from Ushuaia at 4:30 PM. My flight back to the USA departs EZE at 9:17 PM. This is one connection that I have to make. If I miss the flight back to the states, I am in deep trouble.

Am I cutting it to close.

DON

• 1 month later...
Your return flight is a domestic route in Argentina, so immigration/customs should not be an issue as you grab your bags and find a taxi to EZE.

Any idea what the taxi fare is between the airports. I have used the online taxi fare calculator and it says $517. This can't be USD but converting 517 Argentine pesos to gives me a cost of only 14 USD which sound too cheap.

If I book a private transfer, the cost is 27.50 USD on a shared ride and 79.50 USD on a private car. I really don't want to spend 80 USD getting from AEP back to EZE to fly home but even though I will not have to go through getting from AEP to EZE, I can't miss my flight home.

The projected cab fare of 14 USD sounds like a good deal but is that really correct and will there be lots of cabs at AEP.

DON

Taxi Premium quote is around $17.00 US today

http://taxipremium.com.ar/en/

Keep in mind the Argentine peso has fallen around 50% against the US dollar this year but has strengthened the last few days with hopes that the IMF will advance a loan and the government plan of reduced spending etc

You may find the price higher depending on when you arrive.

(We booked a cab in advance online with Taxi Premium and they turned up on time.)

While AEP is relatively small since it's just a domestic airport, there are plenty of cabs lined up, so you shouldn't have any issues getting one.

Even if you're flying in on a weekday during rush hour, you should have plenty of time to make your flight home. With limited traffic, EZE is about 45:00 away from AEP.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/23/2018 at 9:11 PM, Lunenburg said:

Taxi Premium quote is around $17.00 US today

http://taxipremium.com.ar/en/

Keep in mind the Argentine peso has fallen around 50% against the US dollar this year but has strengthened the last few days with hopes that the IMF will advance a loan and the government plan of reduced spending etc

You may find the price higher depending on when you arrive.

(We booked a cab in advance online with Taxi Premium and they turned up on time.)

We just returned from from a 22 day cruise to Antarctica on the Zaandam and a 9 day stay in Argentina . We booked Taxi Premium for 2 trips in advance on 12-9-2018 from EZE to downtown and 12-16 -2018 from AEP to our hotel near EZE . They did not show up either time and did not answer our repeated phone calls in BA . Thus we cannot recommended them .

When I check the website it indicates they are closed Sat and Sun. There are 40,000 taxis in Buenos Aires so you should find one easily. The last time we were there in February, the cab driver told us that many locals leave the city during January and February.  Normally most people take cabs to work and it leaves the cab drivers with a lot fewer fares during those two months.

They can still overcharge or not give you the correct change so be careful.

1 hour ago, Lunenburg said:

When I check the website it indicates they are closed Sat and Sun. There are 40,000 taxis in Buenos Aires so you should find one easily. The last time we were there in February, the cab driver told us that many locals leave the city during January and February.  Normally most people take cabs to work and it leaves the cab drivers with a lot fewer fares during those two months.

They can still overcharge or not give you the correct change so be careful.

Unfortunately, this information comes too late. If they are closed on weekends then they should't tell us that they would meet us if they won't . We waited a hour for them to show up or answer their phone ( they advertise 24/7 support ) . Finding a cab wasn't a problem , but finding an honest one was . Our cab driver quoted us a price in Ar. pesos, later  changed price adding tolls and refused to accept the pesos saying that they were no good . He demanded the payment in dollars . We then had to walk 3 blocks because a soccer game was over and they closed streets - as a result of having to wait an additional hour at the airport to get a taxi. My mistake letting him know that we had dollars . Apparently this same bait and switch tactic is used by restaurants saying that pesos are no good and demanding dollars . 

5 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

My mistake letting him know that we had dollars . Apparently this same bait and switch tactic is used by restaurants saying that pesos are no good and demanding dollars . 

Yes, Welcome to S. America.  We got taken in Santos. The taxi driver gave us a quote and then flatly denied what he had said. He said he wanted dollars so I asked the price in reals. He gave me a much lower amount so I gave him reals but it was still higher than his first quote. We were careful after that to only take metered cabs and made sure they turned the meter on.

It is too bad, they really spoil the experience. To them we are rich, we won't be back and we aren't able to complain as we aren't staying for long.

Edited by Lunenburg